Click here to download: OTA LINK

This is my first attempt at a theme. Now that I know what I'm doing I might begin work on a bigger/better project. Thanks for any support that you all offer.

Four icons remain on the homescreen at all times. Clicking the top of the Earth shows the icons. And clicking the bottom of the Earth hides them.

The Earth will overlay any and all wallpapers.

HIDDEN BUTTONS:
    Battery = Launches Options
    Clock/Date = Launches Clock
    Signal Meter = Launches Manage Connections
    Pretty much anywhere else = Application Menu

There's also a hidden today area.

Huge thanks to tron2008 for helping me through this

I made this because I'm an Ecosystem science major, looking to go into Environmental Law. I thought it'd be nice to have a cool Earth-related theme. I'll gladly accept donations I donate every month to local causes, so it'd be nice to have a little backup in that area.

**Sorry, a spot for weatherbug didn't make it on here
    **Also, there are still probably some bugs. If you find anything let me know, and I'll do my best to work it out.
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 06-02-09 at 10:56 PM.
    06-02-09 01:37 PM
    Looks very cool, can't wait to try it out, and a hidden today option would be good too (and maybe a weather icon)...
    06-02-09 01:47 PM
    Looks very cool, can't wait to try it out, and a hidden today option would be good too (and maybe a weather icon)...
    Hidden today is there. I'm just not cool enough to have any emails or appointments at the moment When I release it I'll put a few sample appointments to demonstrate the today area though.

Adding a weather icon should be no problem. Maybe I'll have a weather version and a non weather version.
    06-02-09 01:50 PM
    You're on the way ... keep up the good work!
    06-02-09 01:55 PM
    You're on the way ... keep up the good work!
    Thanks!

And just an update for everyone who saw the screenshots from earlier. I've since added a weather/meterbug spot and changed the homescreen banner around a little bit to give it a better look. I just have 2 more things I need to figure out, then I'll be testing it on my phone briefly to make sure everything is in working order. Maybe an OTA release tonight or tomorrow.
    06-02-09 04:06 PM
    Anyone know what the best environmental theme is?... No phone at all!!! lol, j/k this is America, we can still complain about pollution and own a high tech phone that was made in a factory full of pollution.

Environmental Law huh? Make your way over to China, there is a goldmine of lawsuits.

BTW, I'm not flaming you, I don't like pollution either, but I think the whole man made global warming business is a scam in which more than half the scientific community agrees with me.
    06-02-09 04:16 PM
    Anyone know what the best environmental theme is?... No phone at all!!! lol, j/k this is America, we can still complain about pollution and own a high tech phone that was made in a factory full of pollution.

Environmental Law huh? Make your way over to China, there is a goldmine of lawsuits.

BTW, I'm not flaming you, I don't like pollution either, but I think the whole man made global warming business is a scam in which more than half the scientific community agrees with me.
    ...how come we keep agreeing on things? :P +1
    06-02-09 04:18 PM

Haha fair enough. To each his own. Maybe I'll add a disclaimer stating this theme will not solve the problem of global warming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:53 PM
    I think everything is up and running. Hope some people out there like it.
    06-02-09 07:47 PM
    nice lookin theme, congrats
    06-02-09 08:10 PM
    It looks really nice. I'd love to see it for the 83xx series...

06-02-09 10:34 PM
    It looks really nice. I'd love to see it for the 83xx series...

I hadn't thought about that. We'll see how bored I am this summer, and maybe I'll start messing around with themes for other devices.

This one is only my first attempt at a theme, just to learn what's involved. I'm hoping to make something a little cooler somewhere down the road.
    06-02-09 10:51 PM
    ...how come we keep agreeing on things? :P +1
    I don't think I have any lost family, or that I was adopted. I was born and raised in Sacramento though.
    06-02-09 11:31 PM
    Very nice work. I like it a lot!
    06-03-09 08:09 AM
    Really nice idea, but I think you should use icons such as these that would fit more the purpose of the idea.

http://www.vectordiary.com/images/st...tte-series.jpg
    06-03-09 08:34 AM
    Really nice idea, but I think you should use icons such as these that would fit more the purpose of the idea.

http://www.vectordiary.com/images/st...tte-series.jpg
    Hmm. You're right. Those are pretty cool
    06-03-09 10:12 AM
    dude sick theme man good job
    06-03-09 10:29 PM
    Hmm. You're right. Those are pretty cool
    Ohh forgot. Gator Bait!!! I'm actually from Miami

Cool Thanks
    06-03-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD