UPDATE!!

Ok, I have made some minor changes to the theme. The first post has been updated, and you can download the theme using the link in the original post.

First, I corrected the problem with the "1xev" symbol showing up in white font sometimes.

Second, I moved the "Status Text" (the words that pop up when you touch an icon) from below the bottom row of icons to above the icons, and I moved the icons down to the bottom of the screen.

Hope you like the updates, and let me know what you think. If you see any problems, let me know.
    03-23-09 01:30 PM
    I'm just happy to contribute in some way
    After all you hard work making those custom wallpapers, I've gone and rearranged the theme. Sorry about that!

Just so you know, in case you want to modify those images, I moved the Status Text above the bottom row of icons and I moved the Today area down just a little bit. Obviously, don't feel like you need to update the backgrounds you made.
    03-23-09 01:31 PM
    After all you hard work making those custom wallpapers, I've gone and rearranged the theme. Sorry about that!

Just so you know, in case you want to modify those images, I moved the Status Text above the bottom row of icons and I moved the Today area down just a little bit. Obviously, don't feel like you need to update the backgrounds you made.
    Haha no worries. I'll gladly do it.
    03-23-09 01:51 PM
    I went ahead and made more custom wallpapers for the redesigned theme. Hope some people enjoy them I might add more as I find time to do them, or if people request certain backgrounds...

Example:

***JUST A NOTE:
    The backgrounds themselves were all taken from BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Backgrounds | Images | StormGrounds.com (except for the last one..I made that one...). All I did was add an overlay that fits with the them.
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 03-23-09 at 02:35 PM.
    03-23-09 02:31 PM
    I went ahead and made more custom wallpapers for the redesigned theme. Hope some people enjoy them I might add more as I find time to do them, or if people request certain backgrounds...

Example:

***JUST A NOTE:
    The backgrounds themselves were all taken from BlackBerry Storm Wallpaper | Backgrounds | Images | StormGrounds.com (except for the last one..I made that one...). All I did was add an overlay that fits with the them.
    Nice! Thanks for getting those out so quick!
    03-23-09 03:30 PM
    Nice! Thanks for getting those out so quick!
    Agreed. Thanks again!
    03-23-09 03:49 PM
    Not a problem
    03-23-09 03:58 PM
    Just wanted to keep you all in the loop...

I'll be releasing a new theme tomorrow that is basically this theme with the Bold's glowing icons (just like many of you requested). I've also made some minor visual tweaks here and there, but the glowing icons are the biggest change. And I figured out the problems I was having with the icons looking blurry, so don't worry about that in the new theme.

As soon as the theme is available, I'll post a link in this thread so all of you who are interested can download it!
    03-25-09 01:16 AM
    why not add the grey boxes from the custom wallpapers to the compser SVG file so that they overlay any wallpaper! then you're looking at every wallpaper as customized =)
    03-25-09 01:54 AM
    in case it wasn't mentioned... the voice mail icon is white, making it hard to read... and now when I receive new messages + voice mails, the vm icon overlaps "1XEV"
    03-25-09 08:57 AM
    this is really nice man
    03-25-09 11:21 AM
    why not add the grey boxes from the custom wallpapers to the compser SVG file so that they overlay any wallpaper! then you're looking at every wallpaper as customized =)
    I thought about this, but I think many people like their home screens to be free from any of the semi-transparent areas underneath the icons. These custom wallpapers strike a nice balance by allowing those who want the semi-transparent backgrounds to have them while not forcing them on those who don't.

in case it wasn't mentioned... the voice mail icon is white, making it hard to read... and now when I receive new messages + voice mails, the vm icon overlaps "1XEV"
    I did not know this. I use the visual voice mail from Verizon and the icon is different than the standard voice mail icon, so I've never experienced the problem. I'm working on a fix, but I can't test it out because even after deleting the visual voice mail application, I don't get the standard voice mail icon (and I can't figure out if it's possible to "simulate" a voice mail using the Storm simulator ).

Most likely I'll just post an update, and if it fixes the problem one of you can tell me.
    03-25-09 11:47 AM
    I posted a new theme that includes glowing icons as was requested in this thread. You can find the new theme in the 10 Icon Glow thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=190791

Let me know what you think of the new theme!

Also, I will have the voice mail icon fix for this theme posted later today.
    03-25-09 01:07 PM
    Hey all,

Just wanted to jump in here with another background. This one takes a slightly different approach. I think it looks pretty cool. When used on the phone it almost makes the icons look like they drawn onto a wall, caveman style..

See attached.
    Last edited by RobUM2011; 03-25-09 at 01:14 PM.
    03-25-09 01:11 PM
    Hey all,

Just wanted to jump in here with another background. This one takes a slightly different approach. I think it looks pretty cool. When used on the phone it almost makes the icons look like they drawn onto a wall, caveman style..

See attached.
    Dang...that looks really awesome! Thanks for all your hard work making these wallpapers!
    03-25-09 01:15 PM
    Dang...that looks really awesome! Thanks for all your hard work making these wallpapers!
    I enjoy doing it.
    03-25-09 01:18 PM
    Nice theme. I attached a mellow carbon fiber background I'm using for this.

03-25-09 01:49 PM
    Thank you for the themes...you did a FABULOUS job on them.
    03-25-09 03:52 PM
    I'll gladly test out the vm icon. I don't use the visual program... But I do tend to ignore my calls lol.
    03-25-09 07:06 PM
    I'll gladly test out the vm icon. I don't use the visual program... But I do tend to ignore my calls lol.
    UPDATE!

I've gone ahead and posted an update that (hopefully) fixes the voice mail icon issue. Please report back whether the update fixes the problem as I have no way of verifying the results.

Use the same link in the original post to download the newest version.
    03-26-09 02:24 AM
    downloading it right now, nice theme man!!!!!
    06-16-09 07:23 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD