The thing that I'd miss the most from my Z30 would be the sound system in this thing. I would like an exact replica of this.

I'd also like there to be a color selection at launch. Blue being one of them.

Premium leather back and quality accents/metal

Please add to the wish list.

1. Z30 Sound
    2. Colors
    3. Leather

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    03-11-15 05:26 PM
    Just a fluent software!

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    Doggerz likes this.
    03-11-15 05:56 PM
    Compatibility with 128 GB microSD cards.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 06:04 PM
    For me, it has to retain everything about the z30 such as the

1) awesome stereo speaker
    2) hopefully the excellent antenna
    3) super long battery

But honestly I am confident they will improve on those.. it's the camera I am watching closely, especially the front camera, it needs to be bumped HD quality.

I would like the PK to be touch like the passport, but since it's a classic style I have my doubts. But that's OK. If camera gets a massive upgrade I'm sold

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2267*
    03-11-15 06:25 PM
    I think I am the only person that wants "only" a 4 inch screen for the slider.

A speaker (stereo) that can be used as a real conference phone.

Toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    7onZ, fadi.alsaidi, skm67 and 5 others like this.
    03-11-15 07:44 PM
    The price which is the major thing of all. BlackBerry always sell phones with very high price. Don't know why?
    After that display. I want it to have better than iPhone display.
    Speakers should be like HTC one.
    Hope camera is like S6 than it will the best one iin the market.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:17 PM

Toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    I am with you on this one. I liked everything about the z30 except for its size and bulkiness. They can make large screen phones with out the bulk.

Posted via CB10
    skm67 likes this.
    03-11-15 10:25 PM

Toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry I too would love it to be the same size of a Z10, but comparing from the picture and the latest BlackBerry leap, it might have a 5" display or 5'5" if you would consider BlackBerry's cost-cutting budget using the same display of Sammy's S6 edge.

I could go without the toolbelt, but if BlackBerry would include a trackpad bar or a capacitive touch bar below the screen, that would be another design innovation in my opinion. They got to utilize the form factor and the space between the screen and the keys it would obviously take more travel time for the finger to move from physical to digital control.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    03-11-15 10:40 PM
    I hope it's huge. We've never really had a big BlackBerry; Android and now Apple have.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 11:26 PM
    I honestly hate a trackpad. In my honest opinion, I find it to be a waste of space. Compared to other smartphones of today, our text selector is already quite good. Having a trackpad isn't worth the space it takes up. Having a capacitive keyboard is the smarter route as it gives convenience without sacrificing the form factor. From a short usage experience, I found myself using the gestures of the passport much more than the toolbelt of the classic. The toolbelt offered me nothing. Maybe it's due to me coming from a z10, but I love the all touch feel. With a slider, the capacitive keyboard will not detract from that but rather add to the product. Imagine swiping with the virtual keyboard and realizing that swiping on the physical keyboard gets you nowhere. Bummed out, huh?
    Second request is a big battery. No need to explain.
    Third is good internal specs, whether if be Snapdragon or the Samsung Exynos chips that are being featured. This is not for the experience as I believe bb10 runs quite well on dated hardware. It is for the non BlackBerry user to look at and see that they are up to date and wanting to compete with the latest devices from Google and Apple'a camps. This will instill curiosity into the consumers!
    Lastly is an up in density. The BlackBerry crew made the effort to make the passport screen dense but flaked on all of the other devices. This doesn't matter to me personally but again for the non BlackBerry user this is a big upside. Consumers are on the look out for screen pixel density and blackberry in the mix of things would intrigue people into their products. If they can achieve the same density that the s6 is offering right now with the bb10 features, I think that blackberry will have a winner.

Posted via CB10
    Nakia Johnson1 and gokulesh like this.
    03-12-15 12:19 AM
    Exact hardware spec od galaxy s6 edge.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    denicoespadilla likes this.
    03-12-15 12:21 AM
    For me, it has to retain everything about the z30 such as the

1) awesome stereo speaker
    2) hopefully the excellent antenna
    3) super long battery

But honestly I am confident they will improve on those.. it's the camera I am watching closely, especially the front camera, it needs to be bumped HD quality.

I would like the PK to be touch like the passport, but since it's a classic style I have my doubts. But that's OK. If camera gets a massive upgrade I'm sold

*Z30 STA100-5 10.3.1.2267*
    Totally agree with your 3 points, to where I'd want the slider to be as good as the Z30.

The best point you made was the camera. It has got to improve. Honestly, no lie, I got more beautiful pictures out of my 9810's 5MP camera. And I do believe I got better pictures out of the Z10.

Someone was mentioning that BlackBerry should start using Sony lens.

03-12-15 12:48 AM

Toolbelt

Posted via CB10
    I'd be open to a 4 inch or some compromise.
    I'm probably in the minority here that would wish for an LCD screen like the Z10 before another LED.

As far as the speakers, I think the setup on the Z30 is amazing. But I'm not sure if you mean something more specific.

Great ideas thanks for contributing!

03-12-15 12:51 AM
    The price which is the major thing of all. BlackBerry always sell phones with very high price. Don't know why?
    After that display. I want it to have better than iPhone display.
    Speakers should be like HTC one.
    Hope camera is like S6 than it will the best one iin the market.

Posted via CB10
    I got my 9810 for 550 USD back in 2011. I'd like to see that kind of price. But honestly I'm expecting Passport prices. I guess I can't complain too much after paying a ridiculously high amount for a Z10 and 6 months later in could have gotten 3 for the price of 1. That's why I held off on the Z30.

Do wish BlackBerry could price things to attract people early at launch.

03-12-15 12:55 AM
    To the trackpad haters, it wasn't much of a bother on the 9810.

I do like the extra speed and accuracy of getting the cursor where you want it and then selecting, cutting pasting. But maybe they have newer ideas about how to accomplish that.

What I mean is that in physical keyboard mode I like the trackpad. When it's closed and I'm using it like a Z10 I don't need a trackpad.

In the keyboard open mode it would be a long stretch to the screen to do the selection by finger, where it would be easier reach from the trackpad.

03-12-15 01:01 AM
    5000mah battery is enough for me.
    03-12-15 06:04 AM
    From what I learned owning a Z10, whatever features they put in the slider,i expect a big battery that will last!!!

Specs that are at least of the passport

And please be 5" or less... and maybe I'll buy it

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2267
    03-12-15 07:48 AM
    IR Blaster and a great new native app that learns and stores multiple devices!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and SilkySunshine like this.
    03-12-15 08:11 AM
    What about LCD screen vs AMOLED? Having owned Z10 and Z30 I much prefer the look of the Z10 screen. Same with different androids I've looked at in the store. The LCD always looks better in my opinion.

03-13-15 10:07 AM
    What about LCD screen vs AMOLED? Having owned Z10 and Z30 I much prefer the look of the Z10 screen. Same with different androids I've looked at in the store. The LCD always looks better in my opinion.

Z30 uses very old amoled screen so it doesn't look good. Yeah many people feel the same way like that but samsung amoled's is advancing rapidly and it is considered as the best amoled display whereas iPhone as best lcd display.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:38 AM
    1. Removable battery
    or even better
    1a. Combination of 2 batteries: built in and removable, as in new Lenovo X series laptops. Perfect for hot swapping, taking long boot time into account.

2. Charging contacts as in good old Bold.
    3. Convenience button.
    4. IP6x certification - unless it contradicts with #2.
    hlg8888 and David Tyler like this.
    03-13-15 03:10 PM
    What Consumers look for nowadays is Hardware Specs and Price.
    Hardware Specifications > Passport Speakers & Mic's. And a 16MP Camera
    PRICE > How many devices sold will depend on price. They can price the Slider with Passport like prices and probably sell 200,000K or price them about $100 to $150 cheaper and probably sell over 1M+. Price is a huge factor, and these devices should be priced to sell, but still letting the company profit properly on sold devices.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-14-15 02:37 AM
    What Consumers look for nowadays is Hardware Specs and Price.
    Hardware Specifications > Passport Speakers & Mic's. And a 16MP Camera
    PRICE > How many devices sold will depend on price. They can price the Slider with Passport like prices and probably sell 200,000K or price them about $100 to $150 cheaper and probably sell over 1M+. Price is a huge factor, and these devices should be priced to sell, but still letting the company profit properly on sold devices.
    Thats what they do with all of the devices z30, leap and classic are selling at very high price so very few people are buying. And the leap with an old processor they are selling it at 275$. Even it is 200$ many people won't buy by seeing her specs of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 04:23 AM
    my wishlist:

• ingenious use of the double-edge glass, at the minimum-- match the features of what Android can do with it.
    • looooong battery life (i dont mean just everyday use, i mean i dont want to have to worry about replacing it after a year specially this batt is non-removable)
    • a really good OEM / BB endorsed flip phone cover (because the one that came with the Passport is a joke)
    • a front facing camera thats more than a paltry 2MP (selfies are the new reality guys deal with it)
    • dark skin/ theme on everything (helps conserve battery AND saves retinal burn)
    • 4GB ram (because why have 3 when you can squeeze in one more?)
    • LED screen (Amoled or whatever) (refer to battery and retinal issues above)
    • a more powerful antenna for data/ wifi/ network signal pickup

i'd probably say something about the price point but if BB can deliver this dream phone/phablet not just in specs but also in user experience im willing to pony up the dough. fer reals.
    03-15-15 01:57 AM
    my wishlist:

• ingenious use of the double-edge glass, at the minimum-- match the features of what Android can do with it.
    • looooong battery life (i dont mean just everyday use, i mean i dont want to have to worry about replacing it after a year specially this batt is non-removable)
    • a really good OEM / BB endorsed flip phone cover (because the one that came with the Passport is a joke)
    • a front facing camera thats more than a paltry 2MP (selfies are the new reality guys deal with it)
    • dark skin/ theme on everything (helps conserve battery AND saves retinal burn)
    • 4GB ram (because why have 3 when you can squeeze in one more?)
    • LED screen (Amoled or whatever) (refer to battery and retinal issues above)
    • a more powerful antenna for data/ wifi/ network signal pickup

i'd probably say something about the price point but if BB can deliver this dream phone/phablet not just in specs but also in user experience im willing to pony up the dough. fer reals.
    Just so you know, although I love dark themes, they actually use more battery on lcd screens than the bright theme. This is because unlike the oled screens, lcd screens have all pixels lit up at all time. This means that black colors aren't really black because they're powered. So showing a black pixel takes more battery than showing a white pixel.

But.....if this device uses the same screen as samsung (super amoled) which is quite likely, then dark theme would in fact save battery life

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:06 PM
94 123 ...