Soon? IFA?

Or actually not until November?

Essentially this is an LG G3 with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge screen and a BB Classic Keyboard that slides out?

So why are we waiting?... November sounds like a long time considering they revealed it for a second back in March, and it's August now, and they're still working on it - I'm assuming they worked on it for a while now well before March... I just don't want to wait anymore. I'm due for a new phone and want them to atleast release some information. What's the harm in that? It would probably mean the share cost would go up from $5 or whatever it is now. It jumps from 1% marketshare to the potential of obtaining "up to" 50% of the overall marketshare(not saying BB will be at 50%, but Android overall is roughly 50% and this gives them the foot in the door to get even 5, or 10% - which I believe is achievable with the right hardware, price, and marketing - educate the consumers that BB is going Android with an amazing amoled screen, 18MP camera that will (hopefully) take amazing photos, a keyboard that's accessible but that doesn't force you to use it, and front facing speakers that will probably be out of this world)...

I'm ready to retire the BB Classic - it's (stupidly) internal battery is slowly going out - I miss the Q10 has I had multiple batteries in rotation so it wouldn't cause this issue), and I'm really ready for a new upgrade and would prefer Android. This is something they should of done 3 years ago. Build a secure Android powered BlackBerry(too bad they took away the BIS/BES compression when it came to data - sure it was slower but if they could do that now then that's a game changer).

.......patiently waiting but losing interest... I'm hoping November isn't really the date we'll see this damn phone. That's still 90 days+ away... that seems like years when it comes to tech. Chen, say it isn't so... Oh and Chen, are ya listening? Release a RED version like the red passport... atleast a white one, and don't release them months after... that **** gets old and only leaves a sour taste in my mouth like it did with the Classic - black only then released the white one months later... That's stupid, and I get why companies do this but it only pisses people off, and wont force someone to sell their phone for a loss only to re-buy the one they wanted. Just sayin'...
    08-29-15 12:49 AM
    Someone said in a Berry flow podcast that BlackBerry is attending IFA. That seems like the best bet for an announcement.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-15 01:59 AM
    Someone said in a Berry flow podcast that BlackBerry is attending IFA. That seems like the best bet for an announcement.

Hi Southlander. Do you know what date the ifa is taking place? Thanks mate.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-29-15 03:51 AM
    Hi Southlander. Do you know what date the ifa is taking place? Thanks mate.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Sept 4-9th(but I been told 3-9), so relatively soon. If it is IFA which is really just around the corner - it explains why we've been seeing so much of the Venice, there's probably 20-50 of these units out there being tested. But all the recent leaks looks like they're trying to see what the reaction will be. That's just me.
    08-29-15 04:29 AM
    I would love to see them release the device in September and I would be all in and buy one as soon as it's available, maybe two of them (one for my twin brother) I am waiting patiently with my cash in hand.
    08-29-15 05:57 AM
    I'm hoping IFA giving them 2 months to really refine everything, get it out the carriers, etc for a November launch..

However, due to an iPhone launch they may wait it out so the Venice isn't overshadowed especially if this is the device BlackBerry needs - remember a lot of people still relate BlackBerry to the BBOS days, they may wait then make a big deal out of it showing people BlackBerry has moved on.

I hope also in this announcement they highlight what will happen to the Passports and classic devices - I can't imagine they'd release a SE for the PP without considering the next steps for BlackBerry in regards to Android (if they do bring Android to BlackBerry)

If not at IFA they need to be looking at Mid Sept to keep these bloggers wanting more, the hype is present they now need to capitalise. The period between announcement and release needs to be small so they leverage the amount of press they receive into potential buyers a lot of people are saying they would consider a DroidBerry let's not give these people time to dwell on it, nobody wants to be waiting ages on a pre-order. It pains me to say it but Apple and its 1 week turnaround from announcement to release is what BlackBerry need to look at.

If BlackBerry want to recruit me as there marketing director I'd be more than happy to accept, lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 06:29 AM
    I'm hoping IFA giving them 2 months to really refine everything, get it out the carriers, etc for a November launch..

However, due to an iPhone launch they may wait it out so the Venice isn't overshadowed especially if this is the device BlackBerry needs - remember a lot of people still relate BlackBerry to the BBOS days, they may wait then make a big deal out of it showing people BlackBerry has moved on.

I hope also in this announcement they highlight what will happen to the Passports and classic devices - I can't imagine they'd release a SE for the PP without considering the next steps for BlackBerry in regards to Android (if they do bring Android to BlackBerry)

If not at IFA they need to be looking at Mid Sept to keep these bloggers wanting more, the hype is present they now need to capitalise. The period between announcement and release needs to be small so they leverage the amount of press they receive into potential buyers a lot of people are saying they would consider a DroidBerry let's not give these people time to dwell on it, nobody wants to be waiting ages on a pre-order. It pains me to say it but Apple and its 1 week turnaround from announcement to release is what BlackBerry need to look at.

If BlackBerry want to recruit me as there marketing director I'd be more than happy to accept, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Agree not even samsung could steal apples thunder.
    08-29-15 12:48 PM
    Apple to me always has and always will be way over rated. I'm sure there are many that would disagree with me of course, but as a phone which is primarily what I use my BlackBerry for, the call quality just plain sucks.

I've yet to talk to one of my friends who a lot of use iPhones where they didn't sound like the were talking from the bottom of a garbage dumpster, all muddy and muffled. I guess this was my primary reason why I chose not to jump ship years ago

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:02 PM
    Apple to me always has and always will be way over rated. I'm sure there are many that would disagree with me of course, but as a phone which is primarily what I use my BlackBerry for, the call quality just plain sucks.

I've yet to talk to one of my friends who a lot of use iPhones where they didn't sound like the were talking from the bottom of a garbage dumpster, all muddy and muffled. I guess this was my primary reason why I chose not to jump ship years ago

Posted via CB10
    And yet everytime a new one is announced people go crazy. Which is what is being discussed here, the timing for release.

Just don't release anything around the iphone's launch.

Furthermore, good time to announce any bad financial troubles.

08-29-15 01:24 PM