BlackBerry has a problem that's well reflected by the people's reactions in this forum: Some hate Android, some like it, but all like the BlackBerry Apps like the Hub.

So why can't the solution be to run both OS? But both completely independent of each other and the Android System contains the same software like the Hub, Calendar etc.

That might be a good solution although I don't believe that it's true (my personal opinion).

I think the question is not "is this screenshot fake or not?". It's possible that BlackBerry is trying different solutions to find the best way. And that would explain the SE running Android and this device a dual boot solution, or maybe the SE was in "Android Mode"? ^^

I'm excited and curious to see what we will get in the end. 1 week to go until we know. (IFA Berlin)

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 01:41 AM
    Well,
    If you watch the dudurocha video, there are the typical "BB10 beta" watermarks on the screen, which he blurred in order to don't reveal his source.

Now, we can dream that, the "BB10 beta" watermarks on android are a sign that it's emulated on a barebone qnx-bb10 hypervisor, and the reason there's no "switch to BB10 " button on it it's because they're still testing android "alone"

But, on this picture there are no beta watermarks, making it very suspicious .
    And also we didn't see yet a normal passport running android, only the silver edition (but called Oslo, not Dallas, so are different products? )

Like for April's fool I made the blurry photo of the BlackBerry PlayBook updating to BB10, this is not hard to fake: take a screenshot of the quick settings, put an android icon, and write switch to android using slate (font). Then load the jpg on the device and take a blurry photo

Posted via Z10
    08-28-15 01:59 AM
    Really? Oh then, it must be fake! If the "pro" tells us so, then he must be right.

Tell us why you THINK it's fake by facts not by telling us your a professional (or think you are).

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    First of all, I don't "THINK", I KNOW it's fake. throw that image in photoshop and take it for a spin, within less than 2 minutes you'll know why it's fake. C'mon now, I could do a way better fake than that, so well designed it would make you do a double take. I don't have to explain why it's fake, just know that it is. Besides, why would BB focus on a dual boot option when out of 32GB you'd be left with 15-20GB, if not less. It could cause issues between the two, and if I'm not mistaken if you download an app(lets say WhatsApp, you'd have to download it twice), no?

And as a solid last point, I - as a consumer - do not want dual boot. It'll over complicate things for the average consumer. People want things that "just work" out of the box, hence why BB10 never really took off. Getting mainstream apps on here is a science for most people. BB6/7 (bold's, curve's, etc) took off because they just worked at the time, plus BBM on it's own had mass appeal + made it into an exclusivity affair. Wanted to chat with everyone else, you had to get a BlackBerry for BBM to work(I still don't know how that took off, but I was part of that group). I for one welcome Android, I'm tired of carrying around two phones, if I can ditch BB10 but keep the BB Classic keyboard, I'm 100% on board.
    08-28-15 02:16 AM
    I'm pretty sure it would be awful to have to switch and reboot to Android everytime I wanted to use an app from the playstore instead of having a built in run-time.
    dejanh likes this.
    08-28-15 02:16 AM
    So is it really dual OS?-bbandroid.jpg

edit: just realized i didn't narrow out the font and shouldn't of done bold. but you get the idea
    08-28-15 02:38 AM
    Very interesting... Thanks for sharing that. It makes a lot more sense of everything!
    08-28-15 02:52 AM
    Very interesting... Thanks for sharing that. It makes a lot more sense of everything!
    That might be a stretch lol. It's a fictional business plan that just so happens to have some really eery similarities to what's going on now. Quick, grab the tinfoil hats. BlackBerry really adopted Robin Chan's plan in secrecy.......... 3+ years too late.
    08-28-15 03:18 AM
    so would an update to current in market devices mean we have dual bb10/android (if this picture is correct),

Or do we all have to gout an buy brand new passports which are exactly identical in appearance to current in market passports but have the hardware capability inside to run both os's. The passport se could have waited until this time also!
    08-28-15 03:21 AM
    so would an update to current in market devices mean we have dual bb10/android
    Chances of that happening are slim to none and as far as anyone knows, the Passport was only being used as test bed for the Slider anyway. You didn't buy it under the impression it would get 'upgraded' so there should be 0 expectation of it getting upgraded.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-28-15 03:34 AM
    Fake or not, I just wish it turns out to be true

PS: no one knows where is the truth
    08-28-15 03:36 AM
    PS: no one knows where is the truth

I'll share it when I can. Lmao!
    08-28-15 03:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbandroid.jpg 
Views:	1145 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	368653

edit: just realized i didn't narrow out the font and shouldn't of done bold. but you get the idea
    That looks pretty close!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-28-15 04:22 AM
    It's too dark out there. Blackberry keeps on switching off the lights
    08-28-15 05:03 AM
    *Grabs a popcorn*
    08-28-15 05:29 AM
    Dammit Bla1ze. You and your damn NDA's lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 06:25 AM
    Its funny all the people claiming Photoshop and claiming all this experience. If its a screen modified cap you don't need Photoshop. MS Paint its plenty or even a 3rd party photo editing tool on the passport. The photo for sure is real but the image on the screen is unknown.

Literally 5 mins created this in MS Paint. Doesn't mean the original is a fake, only means you cant trust everything you see or hear on the internet. So is it really dual OS?-imgp1911.jpg
    08-28-15 06:28 AM
    Dude.. none of this crap is hard to fake. I didn't even try with this one and you can see the icon is simple to change.

http://i.imgur.com/01WPbF3.jpg
    Aw, you just have the real deal and are like, yeah, I Photo shopped this.., j/k

Posted via P'CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-28-15 07:22 AM
    Yeah yeah we got it, you are all image manipulation professionals, now back to topic please!

Posted via CB10
    sirius27 likes this.
    08-28-15 07:45 AM
    Aw, you just have the real deal and are like, yeah, I Photo shopped this.., j/k

Posted via P'CB10
    Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Bla1ze is holding out on us! Damn NDA lol

Pcmx likes this.
    08-28-15 07:56 AM
    This might be just bull, but I'm bored and other people might be bored too, so let's speculate

Link: http://rapidmobile.biz/android/rumou...e-your-choice/

And pasted article, in case anyone wants to skip clicking on it.

"BlackBerry�s upcoming Android phone continues to generate a huge amount of interest, some questionable leaks, some misinformation and a lot of wishful thinking on the part of some BlackBerry users.

Options like using Hypervisor, a Hybrid OS, a dual booting OS have all been debated and the merits and benefits (or not) discussed in depth by BlackBerry users.

Sometimes, the best solution is the simplest and that is what BlackBerry*appears to be*going with.

When you buy the new Android smartphone, you will get the choice of which operating system (OS) that you wish to install on the device, BlackBerry 10 or Android Lollipop.

There is no OS pre-installed! What is installed is a simple loader which allows you to select your OS of choice and installs that OS from (presumably) BlackBerry�s servers. I use the word simple because at the point in time where the OS starts installing on the smartphone, it�s really no different from doing a complete OS upgrade or installation that we are all used to.

There is no switching OS�s and no dual booting � it�s simple BlackBerry 10 or Android installed on the smartphone. One or the other!

However, if you wish to try another OS, you can do so by simply resetting your device in the normal fashion and you will once again have the option of which OS to install.

The benefits of this system are actually enormous. BlackBerry users who want try out the Android OS can do so. If they don�t like it, they can simply reset their device and install the BlackBerry 10 OS. The same applies to Android users. Android users now have the opportunity of giving the BlackBerry 10 OS a go and either sticking with it or removing it and installing Android.

Due to the fact that there is only one OS installed on the phone at any one time, BlackBerry are still free to include the Android runtime with the BlackBerry 10 OS but with the same restrictions like no Google Services, etc.

Interestingly, there are two prototypes on the go. One with the OS option that I have described and one that comes with only the Android OS installed on it. Unless BlackBerry are in self-destruct mode (which has been known to happen), I would expect the release device to come with the OS choice option.

Restrictions on me are tight and it took a lot of arm twisting and pleading from myself to be able to even write this article. No pictures were allowed *(I could have faked one) and the prototypes are not finished*designs by any means.

I have to finish with the usual disclaimer that the information provided here is based on a prototype device. *There is no guarantee that this is what BlackBerry will finally go with but based on how it works at the moment, I would be hugely*surprised*if they didn�t."

Posted via Passport
    08-28-15 08:42 AM
    This might be just bull, but I'm bored and other people might be bored too, so let's speculate

Link: BlackBerry Android Phone will let you choose your OS of choice | Rapid Mobile

And pasted article, in case anyone wants to skip clicking on it.

"BlackBerry’s upcoming Android phone continues to generate a huge amount of interest, some questionable leaks, some misinformation and a lot of wishful thinking on the part of some BlackBerry users.

Options like using Hypervisor, a Hybrid OS, a dual booting OS have all been debated and the merits and benefits (or not) discussed in depth by BlackBerry users.

Sometimes, the best solution is the simplest and that is what BlackBerry*appears to be*going with.

When you buy the new Android smartphone, you will get the choice of which operating system (OS) that you wish to install on the device, BlackBerry 10 or Android Lollipop.

There is no OS pre-installed! What is installed is a simple loader which allows you to select your OS of choice and installs that OS from (presumably) BlackBerry’s servers. I use the word simple because at the point in time where the OS starts installing on the smartphone, it’s really no different from doing a complete OS upgrade or installation that we are all used to.

There is no switching OS’s and no dual booting – it’s simple BlackBerry 10 or Android installed on the smartphone. One or the other!

However, if you wish to try another OS, you can do so by simply resetting your device in the normal fashion and you will once again have the option of which OS to install.

The benefits of this system are actually enormous. BlackBerry users who want try out the Android OS can do so. If they don’t like it, they can simply reset their device and install the BlackBerry 10 OS. The same applies to Android users. Android users now have the opportunity of giving the BlackBerry 10 OS a go and either sticking with it or removing it and installing Android.

Due to the fact that there is only one OS installed on the phone at any one time, BlackBerry are still free to include the Android runtime with the BlackBerry 10 OS but with the same restrictions like no Google Services, etc.

Interestingly, there are two prototypes on the go. One with the OS option that I have described and one that comes with only the Android OS installed on it. Unless BlackBerry are in self-destruct mode (which has been known to happen), I would expect the release device to come with the OS choice option.

Restrictions on me are tight and it took a lot of arm twisting and pleading from myself to be able to even write this article. No pictures were allowed *(I could have faked one) and the prototypes are not finished*designs by any means.

I have to finish with the usual disclaimer that the information provided here is based on a prototype device. *There is no guarantee that this is what BlackBerry will finally go with but based on how it works at the moment, I would be hugely*surprised*if they didn’t."

Posted via Passport
    The above scenario is the one that I have speculated on in other threads and to me, anyway, makes the most sense. Forget all that Hyperviser and dual boot nonsense. This is an elegant and simple solution if Blackberry is to retain BB10 (for a time anyway) and go after consumer installs with Android. This method would satisfy the most people IMHO. Let's hope this is the ONE!!!
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-28-15 08:55 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Bla1ze is holding out on us! Damn NDA lol

That's why he didn't have to try hehe.

I'd like to imagine if there is any dual os thing happening that there's no real downtime operating or 'switching' between the two.

Posted via P'CB10
    08-28-15 11:07 AM
    from Dhabkirk's BBM channel: "On first switch on you will get a phone with no OS. And a choice which to download and install straight from blackberry servers. Once installed you cannot switch between the OS’s. However a full reset will wipe the phone back to the choice of OS stage"
    08-28-15 11:22 AM
    from Dhabkirk's BBM channel: "On first switch on you will get a phone with no OS. And a choice which to download and install straight from blackberry servers. Once installed you cannot switch between the OS’s. However a full reset will wipe the phone back to the choice of OS stage"
    Hopefully!
    08-28-15 11:28 AM
    08-28-15 11:31 AM
133 ... 23456