Everyone is so focused on the slider, has anyone actually put much thought on the curved display?

How will BB10 OS utilize this curved display? Let's put in some ideas together!

Maybe they could put all the background running apps on one side of the curved display?

But does it blend? Yes. Yes it does.
    03-06-15 08:52 PM
    Someone in the forums suggested the overflow menu and maybe the accounts in the hub. I'm sure there will be some new stuff too.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:07 PM
    Face down, it'd make for a cool notification for messages. Edges would blink or glow red for msgs?
    jas1978, Korepab, pttptppt and 1 others like this.
    03-07-15 12:56 AM
    Face down, it'd make for a cool notification for messages. Edges would blink or glow red for msgs?
    That's exactly what the Galaxy S6 Edge does, although you can set any Android phone to do it, as well. As a matter of fact, that is the ONLY thing the S6 Edge does differently than the S6 out of the box, unlike the Note Edge, which has a usable curved edge.

My guess is that there will be no additional functionality in the Slider. The screen half of the phone is probably not very thick, thus the curve will most likely be about the same (shallow) as that of the S6 Edge. That means not enough space to provide any additional functionality, other than perhaps as a notification.
    03-07-15 01:28 AM
    Good idea.!

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    03-07-15 05:06 AM
    I'd like to see running app so I can switch between them easily

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-07-15 06:19 AM
    The Galaxy S6 Edge has an option to use the edges for notification lights. Just like our LED it is said to be configured with different colors and blinks for different kinds of notifications. A similar thing could be done. I could also imagine having the small icons from the left and right menu items being displayed on the edges - so you don't really have to bring the menus up anymore.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    03-07-15 06:44 AM
    I'd like to see running app so I can switch between them easily

Posted via CB10
    If he will be like that than BlackBerry home screen is of no use than...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:15 AM
    Now that's a fantastic idea.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    03-07-15 09:04 AM
    Even face up, phone locked with the screen off... except for when a message comes in and the side shows the spark on the account (the screen displayed when you peak the hub)

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    03-07-15 04:04 PM
    Brightness/volume control by sliding up and down the side of your phone. That could be an idea :-p. If not built in to the OS then an app. Or some other sort of control if it's touch sensitive. Are these screens touch screens or not?
    Korepab and qwertyhgfdsa like this.
    03-07-15 08:43 PM
    I'm sure it has some sort of cool purpose. Even msg preview sideways? Maybe not functional but cool. Otherwise what's the point really ya know? I'm sure BlackBerry and Samsung have a reason for it lol
    03-07-15 10:15 PM
    That would be a great idea. To add to your point, instead of just blinking/glowing, how about making the lights slide from right to left and back the other way. Or even better set your own light patterns.

Chen did say that the curved sides will have a specific use.

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    03-08-15 01:06 AM
    John Chen did clearly state the Slider hardware is innovative, but the BB10 OS will also have innovations unique to the Slider. So I am sure they will somehow utilize the edges somewhat. In the meantime, its all about looks at this point.
    03-08-15 06:25 AM
    How many ppl will slide the phone open when they gesture upward to unlock the screen. Will they keep that or may have to change it
    03-08-15 12:21 PM
    Maybe that's part of the possible soft keys under the display. If that is what I'm seeing

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:53 PM
    Both work. The Palm Pre series had both the swipe to unlock and the slide to unlock.
    03-08-15 02:30 PM