I mean, doesn't matter if it's running BlackBerry 10, Windows 10, iOS10 or Android 10, this slider phone looks huge (and quite ugly)...

I was hoping BlackBerry would stick with a Classic-like form factor and just keep improving on it...no need to waste resources on this mammoth of a phone...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:25 AM
    A lot of folks here have been hoping for a slider and I did not think they would go back to one however I guess the 9800/9810 did sell fairly well (not close to the 9900) BB will make a slider on iOS10 and no it will not be ugly, Man they just announced it yesterday should give everybody time to ***** before they see it ??
    03-04-15 06:38 AM
    lol....here goes the debate again!
    Slider: ugly
    All-touch: missing
    cases, keyboards, etc....
    I have a migraine reading all of this!
    03-04-15 06:39 AM
    I know right and I can bet all those z10 and z30 users once they see the final specs and final design they will be all over it.......I love the slider concept and the moment it comes out I will be all over it. Calling something ugly when it's not even final hardware....Remember when the windemere prototype came out people were like it hideous ....and look at the final result beautiful piece of hardware. Some people man...lol

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-04-15 07:33 AM
    I know right and I can bet all those z10 and z30 users once they see the final specs and final design they will be all over it.......I love the slider concept and the moment it comes out I will be all over it. Calling something ugly when it's not even final hardware....Remember when the windemere prototype came out people were like it hideous ....and look at the final result beautiful piece of hardware. Some people man...lol

Please let this slider with no name be a PASSPORT form factor with a hide away keyboard. The passport is a great flagship device for BlackBerry and now it's time for evolve. Bring in high end specks, bring the width, bring the slider, and of course BRING IT SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Z10
    03-04-15 07:42 AM
    Best slider would be almost exactly like the torch but updated.

Classic width and keyboard size for the slide out. Taller screen to get the ratio to the standard but not really getting any bigger than needed. Toolbelt on the "top" just like the torch.

Posted via CB10
    chaosdivine likes this.
    03-04-15 07:50 AM
    A lighter Classic with Passport specs and a slightly smaller bezel would be PERFECT BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:51 AM
    Most people thought the Passport was ugly when we first started to see it. Once the final device came many changed their mind though.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:52 AM
    Most people thought the Passport was ugly when we first started to see it. Once the final device came many changed their mind though.

Posted via CB10
    Once ATT made a new version of it...� few..ish, more people found it less crappy. that's more accurate of a statement.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:54 AM
    Personally I think a slider is a good idea, it allows for a relatively big screen AND a physical keyboard that can be hidden when not needed. I'm going to hold off on commenting if it is too big or not until more pictures or dimensions pop up. However I've always thought that a slider should be a smaller device(let's say a Z10) so that you can work on it in any case. Because if you have a 5 inch screen and then a keyboard slides out it will become huge. And generally everyone knows that a hardware keyboard is much better, but I think that if you have a 5 inch screen you don't really need a physical keyboard as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:57 AM
    I mean, doesn't matter if it's running BlackBerry 10, Windows 10, iOS10 or Android 10, this slider phone looks huge (and quite ugly)...

I was hoping BlackBerry would stick with a Classic-like form factor and just keep improving on it...no need to waste resources on this mammoth of a phone...

Posted via CB10
    Mammoth? Lol you should try my LG Flex. Not everyone has small hands, and majority of people don't want a keyboard phone. A slider is best of both worlds. Besides, how can you judge its attractiveness just from one picture?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:16 PM
    Mammoth? Lol you should try my LG Flex. Not everyone has small hands, and majority of people don't want a keyboard phone. A slider is best of both worlds. Besides, how can you judge its attractiveness just from one picture?

Posted via CB10
    Because "the concept shown publicly - albeit very briefly" looks like a ski or a skateboard, not a portable communication device. I think most people realize this isn't final, but if it indeed turns out to be ridiculously big, then people are going to point that out - very loudly!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...thing-1003647/
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 03-04-15 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Put in another thread of people saying the same thing about the size of the slider
    03-04-15 12:27 PM
    This slider phone looks HUGE...-img_20150304_202310_edit.png

z10stl100-2/10.2.1.3175
    03-04-15 02:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, people that want small displays are in the minority. BlackBerry needs to go where they perceive the market is, and it's not small display devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:30 PM

I think the point your missing is that the.......PHONE IS HUMONGOUS! That's a big dude holding that slider during the introduction with baseball size mits on him and yet, the device still over powered the look of his hands holding it. You know that's going to be a big awkward device just looking at it.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    03-04-15 02:57 PM
    He has small hands ^^

He's not holding it with his gut!

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-04-15 06:15 PM
    I personally like the idea. I had a Tourch when I switched to the Z10. Then the Z30 now the Passport. I love the keyboard and the big screen for everything. I'm with another poast, I hope it is the passport width. The extra length would hurt anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:29 PM
    How is a slider not an all touch?.. I keep hearing this and blows my mind. You get an all touch and a hidden keypad. As long as it's no thicker then a z30 tank.
    03-04-15 06:36 PM
    How is a slider not an all touch?.. I keep hearing this and blows my mind. You get an all touch and a hidden keypad. As long as it's no thicker then a z30 tank.
    Because an all touch has no physical keyboard at all?
    Because there is no point in buying a slider, if you don't like physical keyboards?
    Because it makes no sense to have added bulk and parts that could suffer mechanical failure?
    Because the slider mechanism will annoy everyone who never intended to use it?

Is the fanboyism and desperation honestly at the level where people are saying that a slider is the same as a full touch phone?
    Reality distortion field live, CrackBerry edition.
    eldricho likes this.
    03-04-15 06:55 PM
    These blurry pictures never do a device justice. Remember when the first leaked pictures of the BlackBerry "N-Series" were leaked and everyone thought it looked disproportional and cheap? Once the Q10 was officially announced and people started seeing actual pictures of it, there was a sudden change of heart.
    03-04-15 07:28 PM
    Because an all touch has no physical keyboard at all?
    Because there is no point in buying a slider, if you don't like physical keyboards?
    Because it makes no sense to have added bulk and parts that could suffer mechanical failure?
    Because the slider mechanism will annoy everyone who never intended to use it?

Is the fanboyism and desperation honestly at the level where people are saying that a slider is the same as a full touch phone?
    Reality distortion field live, CrackBerry edition.
    Well.. Maybe blackberry went backwards with all touch no slide... Why keep repeating failures. Maybe because they get more press and sales from q, passport and classic then they did with z and they still have a full touch in leap... So it's not as if they are dropping no keyboard devices..
    03-04-15 08:55 PM
    I think I looks ok. But I would prefer a Z10 size slider. These monster phablets are getting ridiculous.

ZeeTen goodness in every tap, peek and swipe.
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    03-04-15 09:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! This describes me to a "T" but I never liked the slider, pearl or clam shell

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    03-04-15 09:57 PM
    Well.. Maybe blackberry went backwards with all touch no slide... Why keep repeating failures. Maybe because they get more press and sales from q, passport and classic then they did with z and they still have a full touch in leap... So it's not as if they are dropping no keyboard devices..
    Repeating failures?
    You really want to go there?
    99.9% of people buy all touch smartphones nowadays. Making a keyboard phone over and over again, instead of having a whole portfolio of touch devices is the only repeated failure I see here.

The Z10 was the most sold BB10 device until this day. Why you ask? Because it got overproduced, then got a fire sale and the inventory has since then been liquidated. No single phone got produced as often as the Z10.

Talking about the Z30...
    It was hugely overpriced when it launched (by about 100%), underspecced and launched into an irrelevant market.
    In case of that device and the poor sales, it's obvious that the Z30 was the problem, and not the form-factor.

Every poll and dev asked, if full touch or keyboard dominated the BlackBerry 10 landscape, usually shows a 70:30 split in favour of the touchscreen.

Neither the Classic nor the Passport have been a success in today's market...
    The Passport just didn't fail. Doesn't make it a success though. There's an area between those 2 extremes and currently the Passport resides exactly there.

As I said, reality distortion field live, CrackBerry edition.
    03-04-15 10:00 PM
    It does look huge. I'm a Z30 user and a Z30 with an piece protruding from the bottom would make this thing massive!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:08 PM