I spoke to a friend at BlackBerry tonight and there are no beta phones in use yet at headquarters in Waterloo. I.E. Those of you who thinks this phone is coming anytime in the 3 months are dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 09:36 PM
    lol i'm laughing cause I don't care if we EVER see a slider.......i have no interest.
    04-24-15 09:43 PM
    I think you're friends right. That dummy model they showed off was trash. Looked like they slapped it together the night before.
    I'd love to see more on this slider phone but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Jakob Greve and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-24-15 10:40 PM
    Maybe Samsung is building and testing it? Lol

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-24-15 10:46 PM
    I really want BB release an all touch high end device this semester. Change my Classic in a blink of eyes.
    04-24-15 10:55 PM
    Maybe he's covering his own **** and not leaking any info.

BBM Channel C0001F285
    04-24-15 11:14 PM
    Maybe he's covering his own **** and not leaking any info.

BBM Channel C0001F285
    This ^

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 11:17 PM
    I spoke to a friend at BlackBerry tonight and there are no beta phones in use yet at headquarters in Waterloo. I.E. Those of you who thinks this phone is coming anytime in the 3 months are dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    Other than the fact that I and many can't wait to have this thing in our hands, there is no reason that the slider should or would come out anytime soon. BlackBerry has just launched the Leap, the Classic, and the Passport all within the last 6 months. They need to build some hype around it first!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 02:00 AM
    Ah yes, the infamous "friend at BlackBerry" lol not that I don't believe you or your "friend".

Posted via CB10
    VictorRight likes this.
    04-25-15 02:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Probably true but I think it is more important when they officially show us the device and give us a release date. So far it is very quiet which is frustrating.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-25-15 04:37 AM
    I think you're friends right. That dummy model they showed off was trash. Looked like they slapped it together the night before.
    I'd love to see more on this slider phone but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Same was said when BlackBerry shown Passport! But we get Passport isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:00 AM
    Probably true but I think it is more important when they officially show us the device and give us a release date. So far it is very quiet which is frustrating.
    A release date? You must be new here 😂

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:19 AM
    Damn, I still need to replace my Z10, if getting sketchy and twitchy

Z10
    04-25-15 05:24 AM
    Slider was shown purely as publicity stunt, they haven't even released the classic color variations.

Lately I'm getting the feeling that it's time to switch, I don't see hardware going anywhere.

They can sell their leap to enterprise, let's see how far this is going to get BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 05:51 AM
    Same was said when BlackBerry shown Passport! But we get Passport isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    I agree we will get a slider, but I don't think it will happen in the next two quarters. I'd love to see if come out for back to school or the holiday season.

04-25-15 06:07 AM
    Slider was shown purely as publicity stunt, they haven't even released the classic color variations.

Lately I'm getting the feeling that it's time to switch, I don't see hardware going anywhere.

They can sell their leap to enterprise, let's see how far this is going to get BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The S6 Edge is a beautiful phone. I'm sure I'll get comments to about Android, malware, and big brother, but I'm referring to hardware only.

04-25-15 06:09 AM
    The S6 Edge is a beautiful phone. I'm sure I'll get comments to about Android, malware, and big brother, but I'm referring to hardware only.

I got the S6 Edge, grt device, I'm not hanging on to one BlackBerry phone only, I have an endless list of things the BlackBerry can't do.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-25-15 06:25 AM
    I speak only for myself here, I was expecting the "BlackBerry Slide" to start showing up with beta release models around August.

Then the final product released around October

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-25-15 06:30 AM
    I speak only for myself here, I was expecting the "BlackBerry Slide" to start showing up with beta release models around August.

Then the final product released around October

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    This is my understanding, as of right now around October 15 is the intended launch date
    04-25-15 06:43 AM
    It'll probably never be a BB10 slider.

It's going to be a Samsung 6 Edge with a slider keyboard (by BlackBerry) and the "BlackBerry Experience" apps preloaded.

So you will likely never find it in the BB10 leaks.

P.S. And it will likely outsell all BB10 devices combined.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:19 AM
    It'll probably never be a BB10 slider.

It's going to be a Samsung 6 Edge with a slider keyboard (by BlackBerry) and the "BlackBerry Experience" apps preloaded.

So you will likely never find it in the BB10 leaks.

Posted via CB10
    Very possible, I was thinking that the other day.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:21 AM
    Given the flashlight-screen taped-up state of the hardware that was flashed for all of five seconds at MWC, my guess is that the slider is an idea even less developed than the Classic was at last year's MWC. It was photo-ready eye-candy to draw attention to articles about their enterprise projects (as long as you don't come too close and look for more than a few seconds).

It came from nowhere and they said next to nothing whereas the Classic wasn't a total surprise when it was shown and there was a discussion about Chen finding out what the customers wanted and joking about the name. Then we didn't really get the Classic until after December. That curved screen is expensive with low-yields and who knows how long BlackBerry may have to wait for them.
    04-25-15 07:50 AM
    Samsung is very backed up on the supply side since the Edge is selling so well. So I'm sure they will satisfy their own customers first before they turn their attention to bbrys needs. I agree with a Q4 release.
    04-25-15 08:10 AM
    Samsung is very backed up on the supply side since the Edge is selling so well. So I'm sure they will satisfy their own customers first before they turn their attention to bbrys needs. I agree with a Q4 release.
    Any buyers of a Samsung by BlackBerry Slider would still be their "own customers." There is nothing more than Samsung seems to love than to put out dozens of variants at a time,.. so hopefully they see a huge opportunity in offering something extremely unique while the 6S 'family' is still considered the "latest and greatest."

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:23 AM
    What banner will it carry?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 08:37 AM
64 123