For years I have questioned why blackberry didn't go right for the slider to begin with. Reviewers always knock bb devices for the same reasons. The only form factor that addresses this is a slider. See below

Small screen : well the slider won't have a small screen. It looks huge.

Square screen: square screens dont work with many android apps well. If blackberry thinks android apps are essential to fixing their problems, then they need to aim for more portrait screens. It'll also fix letterboxing In videos.

Big phones : many reviewed thought the passport was too big. Slider gives you a big phone that's still easy to hold (when closed,)

Keyboard preference : you now have 2 options In one phone. You want virtual, keep the slider closed. You want physical, open it. You want both, you got both. NOBODY better complain that their keyboard preference isn't supported. This IS your high end all touch device. If you are going to complain about it because of an extra 2mm thickness, then please exclude yourself from being a blackberry fan because that was never an issue all along.

The blackberry look. Yes it might be annoying but its a factor. People won't still be saying "you still use a blackberry" with this device. They will say "wow thats a blackberry," before you slide out the keyboard like BAM! Seriously this should have been done 2 years ago.

Trackpad: ok before everyone starts complaining about their favorite trackpad preference, just know that blackberry has some solution for you. Either its the touch keyboard or the soft key strip, this phone is big and some solution will arise. I know they wont leave us hanging on the phone meant to fix it all. Hopefully we can unify here and accept what they do. Overall it'll be good for the community and sales.

Specs : we all assume the phone will be super speced. Yes it still won't be at the tipitty top a year from now but I think reviewers will accept at least something somewhat competitive here.

Innovation. Slider with some sort of touch trackpad with a curved screen. Dont care of reviewers dont like the phone but they better not say its not innovative.

Hopefully the additional muscle can make the android app experience better. There will still be an all gap but that would be relatively small gap compared to the issues today.
    03-06-15 11:29 AM
    For years I have questioned why blackberry didn't go right for the slider to begin with. Reviewers always knock bb devices for the same reasons. The only form factor that addresses this is a slider. See below

Square screen: square screens dont work with many android apps well. If blackberry thinks android apps are essential to fixing their problems, then they need to aim for more portrait screens. It'll also fix letterboxing In videos.

Big phones : many reviewed thought the passport was too big. Slider gives you a big phone that's still easy to hold (when closed,)

Keyboard preference : you now have 2 options In one phone. You want virtual, keep the slider closed. You want physical, open it. You want both, you got both. NOBODY better complain that their keyboard preference isn't supported. This IS your high end all touch device. If you are going to complain about it because of an extra 2mm thickness, then please exclude yourself from being a blackberry fan because that was never an issue all along.

The blackberry look. Yes it might be annoying but its a factor. People won't still be saying "you still use a blackberry" with this device. They will say "wow thats a blackberry," before you slide out the keyboard like BAM! Seriously this should have been done 2 years ago.

Trackpad: ok before everyone starts complaining about their favorite trackpad preference, just know that blackberry has some solution for you. Either its the touch keyboard or the soft key strip, this phone is big and some solution will arise. I know they wont leave us hanging on the phone meant to fix it all. Hopefully we can unify here and accept what they do. Overall it'll be good for the community and sales.

Specs : we all assume the phone will be super speced. Yes it still won't be at the tipitty top a year from now but I think reviewers will accept at least something somewhat competitive here.

Innovation. Slider with some sort of touch trackpad with a curved screen. Dont care of reviewers dont like the phone but they better not say its not innovative.

Hopefully the additional muscle can make the android app experience better. There will still be an all gap but that would be relatively small gap compared to the issues today.
    Apps and O.S bugs. You forgot these.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    No apps or OS bugs were announced at this time

Posted via CB10
    jas1978 and jupiter8 like this.
    03-06-15 11:52 AM
    No trackpad please. That's what the Classic is for.

This one is going to be a big winner.
    jupiter8 likes this.
    03-06-15 01:01 PM
    No trackpad please. That's what the Classic is for.

This one is going to be a big winner.
    They need some solution. With the keyboard open it'll be impossible one handed. The BlackBerry community also wants that persise selection. This phone could be something for everyone. They have the room it's not a small device at all. Shouldn't be an issue and it should be a priority

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:04 PM
    No apps or OS bugs were announced at this time

Posted via CB10
    I'm almost certain that the word "ALL" was meant to be app.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:06 PM
    What about a horizontal sliding form factor later down the line? Make it the size of the passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 01:08 PM
    What about a horizontal sliding form factor later down the line? Make it the size of the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Hey I'm always open to ideas but I've always swayed away from the vertical slider. This is because it then becomes a 2 hand only afair. Also you would need to change bb10 home screens to also go vertical. Then multitasking windows become weird.

Still, I'd certainly pay attention.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:12 PM
    The White Slider looks SEXY.

Posted by Q5
    Toodeurep likes this.
    03-06-15 07:45 PM
    I'm almost certain that the word "ALL" was meant to be app.

Posted via CB10
    And Im almost sure, it meant to be "lack of apps and official OS laggs and buggs. Its fvcking shuttering !

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    03-07-15 05:03 PM
    Hey I'm always open to ideas but I've always swayed away from the vertical slider. This is because it then becomes a 2 hand only afair. Also you would need to change bb10 home screens to also go vertical. Then multitasking windows become weird.

Still, I'd certainly pay attention.

Posted via CB10
    You mean you've swayed away from horizontal sliders?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-08-15 01:01 PM
    Considering the up/down slide method was used on the old call screen, and replaced the current left/right option since people couldn't grasp it...i'm not sure if people can grasp how to open and close the slider

Good thing it's only a prototype and BlackBerry still has time to change it. Lol.
    03-08-15 01:12 PM
    The ultimate fan boy argument. Seriously, that's as dumb as it gets.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-08-15 01:15 PM

BlackBerry got it right with the orientation of the Torch. I didn't hate my Motorola slider and typing with the phone horizontally but it was an extra step to turn the phone before sliding the keyboard out.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:25 PM
    There is an inherent design problem with a slider: and it was there both times with the Torch 9800/9810.

Battery will be a lot smaller due to:
    Sliding mechanism is housed in the back of the device where battery and chipset and radios are!

Battery life was horrible. At least this time around we will not have to suffer with face mute/end calls like the original Torch had.

BlackBerry users didn't always require "precise" control or manipulation. You didn't exactly have it with the scroll wheel nor the track ball either! In fact Samsung debuted the Trackpad way back and instead BlackBerry chose the trackball even after reports already showed issues on the then Sidekick 3 (T-Mobile).

If you want this slider shown off to be sturdy and quality build that sliding mechanism will be quite thick in the back end (the booty lol) and it's going to reduce battery size and thus battery life.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:39 PM
    There is an inherent design problem with a slider: and it was there both times with the Torch 9800/9810.

Battery will be a lot smaller due to:
    Sliding mechanism is housed in the back of the device where battery and chipset and radios are!

Battery life was horrible. At least this time around we will not have to suffer with face mute/end calls like the original Torch had.

BlackBerry users didn't always require "precise" control or manipulation. You didn't exactly have it with the scroll wheel nor the track ball either! In fact Samsung debuted the Trackpad way back and instead BlackBerry chose the trackball even after reports already showed issues on the then Sidekick 3 (T-Mobile).

If you want this slider shown off to be sturdy and quality build that sliding mechanism will be quite thick in the back end (the booty lol) and it's going to reduce battery size and thus battery life.

Posted via CB10
    The battery in the 9810 was based upon need and technology. Every phone from 2010 to 2015 has had the ability to go to a smaller sized battery with longer life. The Zed10 is 140% larger than the 9810 and the battery is 175% larger. There is no reason to believe the battery cannot get longer life with a smaller size.
    03-08-15 02:22 PM

I agree completely.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-08-15 02:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    No more buggy than Android.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-08-15 02:35 PM

Yes. Sorry

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:45 PM
    IMHO if the specs are up to snuff(good processor and at least 5" screen) this is the ultimate BlackBerry handset.

I can't wait. Going to be awesome. This forum is going to be rocking after it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 10:21 PM
    I'm so all over the slider when it comes out, it's not even funny! It's the only devices I've seen so far that I'd retire the mighty Qued for!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    03-08-15 10:26 PM
    I'm so all over the slider when it comes out, it's not even funny! It's the only devices I've seen so far that I'd retire the mighty Qued for!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    I'm with Louzer...although I bounce from new device to the next one. But I want this and may hang onto it for a while!

Let's wait and see the specs..give me passport specs with a 16 mp camera and no flicker and I'm all over it!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-08-15 10:51 PM
    All I need is competitive specs. Even if they did 1940 x 1080 screen with 2GB of ram I would be happy as it would still be a significant upgrade to all bb10 devices. I expect they will spec this up but I still don't need a super phone. Just get it out quick and get it on the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:25 PM
    The battery in the 9810 was based upon need and technology. Every phone from 2010 to 2015 has had the ability to go to a smaller sized battery with longer life. The Zed10 is 140% larger than the 9810 and the battery is 175% larger. There is no reason to believe the battery cannot get longer life with a smaller size.
    you DO realize this slider in all pretenses looks to be a 5" screen, larger than the Z10 right? You do realize that the Torch (both versions) even in their day could not compare with battery life of a 9700, 9000, and had an OS 6.1/7.0/7.1 that was supposed to minimize on battery use vs the 9700/9780 right?
    03-09-15 07:29 PM
    you DO realize this slider in all pretenses looks to be a 5" screen, larger than the Z10 right? You do realize that the Torch (both versions) even in their day could not compare with battery life of a 9700, 9000, and had an OS 6.1/7.0/7.1 that was supposed to minimize on battery use vs the 9700/9780 right?
    There is evidence of great battery life in large thin devices. If this slider is as big as the Z30, there is enough room to have a Z30 sized (or bigger) battery. You are too dismissive of this possibility.

My 9810 (that I still have an use) has longer battery life than my Zed10.

If this wasn't BlackBerry, I would suggest a wager, but alas, it is BB so I am not too confident...
    03-10-15 05:21 AM
29 12