03-30-15 05:02 AM
    That piece was really reaching. Analyzing a prototype from a photo that was taken a fair distance away? Come on.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    03-30-15 06:10 AM
    Kinda odd though. It would look weird with an exposed chin. I'm guessing it's more of a boom mic, otherwise the speaker would be covered when the slide is closed.

Glad they put the 4-row back.
    03-30-15 06:26 AM
    That piece was really reaching. Analyzing a prototype from a photo that was taken a fair distance away? Come on.
    It's only a good thing that people are talking about it.
    03-30-15 08:10 AM
    03-30-15 08:29 AM
    It's only a good thing that people are talking about it.
    I don't think so. Many IPhone and android users will be thinking why BlackBerry is still there?!!!
    Who will be buying this when there is iPhone 6, HTC and samsung

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:07 AM
    it looks soo nice!
    03-30-15 10:17 AM
    Sadly most hands on reports from the S6 edge have not been good... its a gimmick and just makes a more fragile device and served no purpose like the edge on the note does.

But it does indeed look like a speaker grill all along the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:45 AM
    Sadly most hands on reports from the S6 edge have not been good... its a gimmick and just makes a more fragile device and served no purpose like the edge on the note does.

Posted via CB10
    It actually makes it stronger

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 01:59 PM
    I don't think so. Many IPhone and android users will be thinking why BlackBerry is still there?!!!

Posted via CB10
    me.
    03-30-15 02:32 PM
    Add another me to the tally

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 02:56 PM
    It actually makes it stronger

Posted via CB10
    On push/crush str, however most smart phone screen shatters are not from that type of dmg, they are from edge strikes.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    They don't even know BB still exists!! Only because I was won over by BB years ago, left for stint on a GN4, but kept an eye on BB developments, After 1.5 year on GN4 and price was right, came back to a Z30. If they've never been on BB, they won't even be looking.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-30-15 04:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Too early to tell how it will hold up, when I got my Google Nexus 4 there was continuous doom and gloom about it's glass back, but my wife is the true test of GN4 as she drops hers everyday!!! and the back still hasn't cracked, too many trolls picking up false problems to harass if you ask me, anyway, I don't care, it's a slide with a PKB!!!!!! All else comes after, I for sure won't be buying it for the dual curved screen. I doubt that very many apps will be made to take advantage of it, unless it becomes all the rage. LG and Samsung are putting out curved screens, probably just to have something different to sell to keep the market moving. I just want swirling rainbow colors along each edge and I'll be happy with my SLIDER PKB!! LOL
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-30-15 04:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I think that's a result of the media pushing their bias. If Apple had made the curved screen first it would be the second coming of the iPhone. There is some untold rule that if it's made by Apple it has to be good.

I've seen and played with the S6 edge in person and it felt pretty good to me. It's way too early to say how it will hold up over time, but in no way did it feel cheap. A little light, but using the the Z30 as a daily driver I guess everything will feel that way.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 10:34 PM
    My reports where from people etc. on forums and such. The media is dumb.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 07:44 AM
    My reports where from people etc. on forums and such. The media is dumb.

Posted via CB10
    Oh true, I've read a mix of reviews so I don't know. Guess will find out longevity soon enough.

As for the OP, I'm not sure how I feel about the speaker grill. I like it the way it is on the Z30, where the stereo speakers are concealed towards the back. The HTC One series all have it at the front and I feel it takes away from the look of the device. It will probably be much louder this way though.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 10:36 AM
    Actually looks interesting, but I prefer a fixed keyboard. But it looks great.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-31-15 03:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    You must not have seen the video where it was slammed (yes slammed not dropped) onto the ground and worked just fine with no cracks.

03-31-15 07:15 PM
    me.
    And me+ many other wise people

With diplomatic Passport
    03-31-15 07:24 PM
    You must not have seen the video where it was slammed (yes slammed not dropped) onto the ground and worked just fine with no cracks.

Nope, now I have- toss the thing at tile or concrete edge steps and let me know that vid link.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-31-15 07:55 PM
    Nope, now I have- toss the thing at tile or concrete edge steps and let me know that vid link.

Posted via CB10
    It's all irrelevant. One drop the wrong way, like all phones, and it's done.
    03-31-15 08:04 PM
    It's all irrelevant. One drop the wrong way, like all phones, and it's done.
    For now

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:25 PM

LOL, that video though. WTF! la la la la la smash! Smash again.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-31-15 10:22 PM
    just image the curved section on the left, with the hub peak always showing

See the curved screen, keyboard and speakers close up.-galaxy-note-edge-review-32.jpg
    04-01-15 05:59 PM
47 12