BlackBerry Ltd. (USA) May Have Finally Found its Software and Hardware Niche | The Motley Fool Canada

The next few months should reveal more but I think this is what the people in the know are thinking.

Kudos to the writer.

Posted via CB10
    axe50 likes this.
    08-26-15 02:31 PM
    Taking something unknown and great, and putting it on something popular <-- mmhmm
    axe50, 00stryder and LazyEvul like this.
    08-26-15 02:44 PM
    I read the article. BlackBerry is not trying to reinvent itself it is changing itself and in my opinion not for the better.
    acovey and pttptppt like this.
    08-26-15 02:45 PM
    Taking something unknown and great, and putting it on something popular <-- mmhmm
    To keep the hardware alive maybe? I think the article makes sense, unless there's something you like to tell us bla1ze? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 03:04 PM
    In my opinion, BlackBerry is a great company with a lot of potential that can be bought at a discount price—the stock is down nearly 30% this year. The passion that the company shows in trying to reinvent itself is truly astounding.
    Anyone else "feeling" the PASSION in this move?
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    08-26-15 03:16 PM
    No.
    BanffMoose likes this.
    08-26-15 03:24 PM
    None of us may like this, but BlackBerry is doing anything and everything to stay alive. As a BlackBerry fan, boo-hiss. As a BlackBerry investor, yipee!
    BigAl_BB9900 and 00stryder like this.
    08-26-15 03:32 PM
    So they believe that BB10 will be available for Android phones? That's a new twist.
    08-26-15 03:39 PM
    No.
    *yes!

Ftfy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-26-15 03:45 PM
    I If BlackBerry decides to kill bb10 and will turn it into an experience suite - then the next best thing is the sailfish os

This is not a political sig, vatniks
    Wow, you're ready to completely dismiss the BlackBerry Experience Suite before we even see it, look at it, or use it? Based on what, some early renders or photos?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-26-15 04:38 PM
    So they believe that BB10 will be available for Android phones? That's a new twist.
    They meant an experience and functionality similar to BB10.

08-26-15 04:39 PM
    Wow, you're ready to completely dismiss the BlackBerry Experience Suite before we even see it, look at it, or use it? Based on what, some early renders or photos?

I've discovered that a lot of people dismiss everything without seeing anything
    Irish Blues and KemKev like this.
    08-26-15 05:24 PM
    I've just bought an s6 edge and oh boy that thing is horrible and inefficient after BlackBerry, all tasks have there own apps and that gmail client is horrible... guess im sticking with my old z10 and hopping for a new bb10 full touch someday. This article just points at the super effixiency behind bb10. If BlackBerry decides to kill bb10 and will turn it into an experience suite - then the next best thing is the sailfish os, yet there is a lack of phones for it. But it's very similar in the experience

Use Inbox instead of the normal client. Much better.
    08-26-15 05:26 PM
    Just do not get this... what is all the hate about Android about??? If BB cannot makes hardware division work... then from what I am ready... may anti-Android types would rather see BB drop the the hardware line all together... makes no sense... no one has said there will be no BB10... unless I missed something... heck.. no one said there will be actually be a BB Android... so I simply do not get all the commotion... as for those who keep railing about Android being so bad... funny how a "bad product" can sell hundreds of millions of units... seems another case of because I do not like it... then it is bad.. and no one else should... the ultimate definition of bias....
    08-26-15 05:40 PM
    Just do not get this... what is all the hate about Android about??? If BB cannot makes hardware division work... then from what I am seeing... many anti-Android types would rather see BB drop the the hardware line all together and have no devices at all... makes no sense... no one has said there will be no BB10... unless I missed something... heck.. no one said there will be actually be a BB Android... so I simply do not get all the commotion... as for those who keep railing about Android being so bad... funny how a "bad product" can sell hundreds of millions of units... seems another case of because I do not like it... then it is bad.. and that means everyone else sees it the same way... the ultimate definition of bias....
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-26-15 05:42 PM

I'm not here to knock BlackBerry. I am interested in their future.

I think going android could be good move on BB's part.

I have no interest in PKB phones anymore and I have also never liked slider phones so I won't be buying a Venice or an Oslo.

This leaves the experience suites. I guess I'm odd compared to most on here but the hub didn't cut it for me. Looking at the BB experience packages there isn't that much I want so it looks like that if I want just one or two BB apps I may have to purchase a bundle or two. These, knowing BB, will most likely be by subscription. Not worth it in my opinion.

I'm always open to nice surprises though!
    08-26-15 05:50 PM
    I've just bought an s6 edge and oh boy that thing is horrible and inefficient after BlackBerry, all tasks have there own apps and that gmail client is horrible... guess im sticking with my old z10 and hopping for a new bb10 full touch someday. This article just points at the super effixiency behind bb10. If BlackBerry decides to kill bb10 and will turn it into an experience suite - then the next best thing is the sailfish os, yet there is a lack of phones for it. But it's very similar in the experience

Wow......Horrible? That's too bad. Definitely different - which should have been expected. No reason to keep something you don't want. Anyway, mine works for me....or rather I make it work for me until my next BlackBerry. If all else fails, I'll use my Q10., my Z30 is toast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A
    acovey likes this.
    08-26-15 11:24 PM
    NO don't need/want no stinking Android OS.
    lift likes this.
    08-26-15 11:42 PM
    Interesting choice of words in the article : "anemic" hardware. I do agree that BB10 devices are a way off the forefront when it comes to hardware specs, but I don't see that as a negative - on the contrary, it is testimony to a well-designed and efficient operating system. BB10 devices don't NEED to be high-spec. With their modest and dated hardware, they are every bit as quick and productive as (if not faster and better than) many current top-of-the-line devices running other systems.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
    08-27-15 01:27 AM
    I've discovered that a lot of people dismiss everything without seeing anything
    The exact thing they accuse folks of doing with BB10, no less...
    LazyEvul, 00stryder and MO3iusONE like this.
    08-27-15 01:28 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will still be around if you want it. Without it, they would lose too many contracts. This is just to pump some adrenaline into the hardware department. I'll give it a go on my personal phone no problem, but the work phone will still be BlackBerry 10. Quite looking forward to trying the slider and seeing what they've done here actually. Personally I don't understand those who dismiss it out of hand without at least giving it a fair chance. The truth of the matter is that we don't really know what's going on at BlackBerry or how this thing will work.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-27-15 01:43 AM
    The Best hardware with a very popular OS it either sells better than 10 did or its the Last waltz.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-27-15 07:03 AM
    BlackBerry 10 will still be around if you want it. Without it, they would lose too many contracts.
    I understand what you're saying, but if both the android slider and the experience suite come out, BB10 is all but done.

Sure, BB10 will still be around -- BlackBerry will provide security updates.* But there will be little new development. The availability of android on the slider and the experience suite on other platforms is going to cannibalize the already tiny user base of BB10. Developers will give up. BlackBerry will not waste resources on it. It won't be open sourced.

*But they're not great about security on discontinued lines. FREAK is not patched on OS 7.1, and they sold OS 7.1 devices last year.
    08-27-15 09:29 AM
    I understand what you're saying, but if both the android slider and the experience suite come out, BB10 is all but done.

Sure, BB10 will still be around -- BlackBerry will provide security updates.* But there will be little new development. The availability of android on the slider and the experience suite on other platforms is going to cannibalize the already tiny user base of BB10. Developers will give up. BlackBerry will not waste resources on it. It won't be open sourced.

*But they're not great about security on discontinued lines. FREAK is not patched on OS 7.1, and they sold OS 7.1 devices last year.
    It's not that simple though, BlackBerry 10 is the only mobile platform to gain any sort of credibility in the government sector. The DoD certification speaks for itself. What you say is true only if BlackBerry can make Android as secure as BlackBerry 10 and I don't know if that's possible without the QNX hypervisor. I think that if bb10 is only going to be for high level enterprise and government then industry specific apps will emerge rather than the consumer ones that are always referred to. Since nobody is saying anything, it is just a wait and see situation.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-27-15 01:29 PM
    Fair enough. If those presumptions turn out to be correct, and if IT departments actually care about BB10 security, you may very well be correct.

Since nobody is saying anything, it is just a wait and see situation.
    I have a feeling that there's a lesson in communications to be learned here....
    guygardner73 likes this.
    08-27-15 03:30 PM
40 12