BlackBerry, business, productivity etc, aligns itself as a professional company, no? your at a conference in Barcelona showcasing a new phone, your the president of new devices for chrissakes !
    My 1st thought was couldn't he have dressed better?...not expensive per se, but a decent shirt and tie?
    He looks like a parent cheering at a kids soccer game.

First impressions and all....
    Petty I know, but......-img_20150305_073151_edit.png

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    pttptppt and CountryboiShawn like this.
    03-05-15 06:41 AM
    Yeah, you're right. Petty.

He's a large guy and the suit looks tailored. Open neck casual dress shirts and no tie are pretty much the norm these days, not just at meetings but in major financial centres.

A closer look see at his shirt shows placket that is perfectly placed in the over all pattern of the shirt, both horizontally and vertically. The buttons appear to be made out of mother of pearl, is guy isn't hurting for a dollar or two.

My guess is that had he not been a larger guy you probably wouldn't have noticed anything about how he's dressed.

But yeah, petty.
    Last edited by HelloNuman; 03-05-15 at 07:08 AM.
    03-05-15 06:57 AM
    I was likewise surprised. Chen sets the proper tone.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    03-05-15 07:26 AM
    I liked the look. I like the cheering kids at a soccer game look. Need more of it. He could have passed for security in case someone tried to steal the phone.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    03-05-15 07:33 AM
    Well, we will not have to wait very long for a stark contrast as Apple holds their watch event on Monday morning. Whatever you may think of Steve Jobs he did have an enduring legacy of presenting his products in the best light possible. It comes from a Japanese notion of using the packaging and presentation to express how much care you put into the product. You show the customer that if you put this much attention into the packaging and presentation then think of what actually went into the device itself.

There's also a message conveyed when the CEO presents the device. He saying that this is our business. This is what we are about. John chen talks to investors like this when he uses "I" to refer to BlackBerry.
    03-05-15 07:45 AM
    Maybe he should have worn a turtle-neck sweater. What a waste.

And you are right, very petty.
    03-05-15 07:45 AM
    I thought it was just some guy that was tall enough and had big enough hands to hold multiple devices up high.

But I guess that's too practical and probably why my wife keeps giving me clothes as gifts.

Ah well...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:58 AM
    I thought it was just some guy that was tall enough and had big enough hands to hold multiple devices up high.

But I guess that's too practical and probably why my wife keeps giving me clothes as gifts.

Ah well...

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Yep that's what it was. The big guy just happened to be sitting in the front and Chen said here, hold these. LOL.
    03-05-15 08:39 AM
    That's what happens when you just show the new device within 5 second or less...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:57 AM
    Yeah, you're right. Petty.

He's a large guy and the suit looks tailored. Open neck casual dress shirts and no tie are pretty much the norm these days, not just at meetings but in major financial centres.

A closer look see at his shirt shows placket that is perfectly placed in the over all pattern of the shirt, both horizontally and vertically. The buttons appear to be made out of mother of pearl, is guy isn't hurting for a dollar or two.

My guess is that had he not been a larger guy you probably wouldn't have noticed anything about how he's dressed.

But yeah, petty.
    I don't know if I would NOT have noticed if he was a small guy.
    I am 6"4" and wear Old Navy shirts because they have a size believe it or not of "XXL Tall Slim fit".
    Maybe I'm getting old?...my point being if he was dressed in a tailored suit and tie.

Would any of us be making comments such as:

"Man! , couldn't this president of new devices dress down a little?? He looks like an executive "

I'm guessing most wouldn't because a suit and tie image would have fulfilled our expectation especially at a product announcement on a world stage?

03-05-15 10:09 AM
    If he's introducing a great product he could be wearing assless chaps for all I care.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-05-15 12:59 PM
    If he's introducing a great product he could be wearing assless chaps for all I care.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Ahhh! LOL. Actually LOL. That was funny and true.
    03-05-15 01:35 PM
    Petty I know, but......-ftcqebb.jpg

Petty I know, but......-peanutsanyonedsc06545.jpg

popcorn!!... Peanuts!!....
    03-05-15 01:41 PM
    *guffaw*

03-05-15 05:55 PM
    I actually find his appearance to be pretty comforting, like a kind dad.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:14 PM
    He seems approachable. Like he'd be happy to help and show you devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:15 PM
    At least he's not all sweaty and jumping around on stage.

03-05-15 07:40 PM
    BlackBerry, business, productivity etc, aligns itself as a professional company, no? your at a conference in Barcelona showcasing a new phone, your the president of new devices for chrissakes !
    My 1st thought was couldn't he have dressed better?...not expensive per se, but a decent shirt and tie?
    He looks like a parent cheering at a kids soccer game.

First impressions and all....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150305_073151_edit.png 
Views:	1450 
Size:	340.0 KB 
ID:	339000

The problem is not the tie but a white T-shirt under the (bad) shirt.. REALLY??? That's totally a NO GO..

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:06 PM
    The problem is not the tie but a white T-shirt under the (bad) shirt.. REALLY??? That's totally a NO GO..

Posted via CB10
    From wikipedia:
    An undershirt is an article of underwear worn underneath a dress shirt intended to protect it from body sweat and odors. It can have short sleeves or be sleeveless. The term most commonly refers to upper-body wear worn by males.
    *eyeroll* I wouldn't say that is a dress shirt, but people wear white shirts under dress shirts ALL THE TIME. I think you're on your own, here. As a hairy chest man myself, it can be nice when the outside shirt is a little see through or light colours. Perhaps when you're an adult, you'll see them more often.

Listen, I'm one of the people who make fun of people wearing 3-4 layers of clothing in decent weather. In these cases, its way more acceptable than when kids where 3 layers of shirts where one of the layers is plaid or something.

As for the OP, this is pretty, pretty, petty. If the shirt was untucked, or food stains on the shirt, I'd hear you out.

Also speaking as a hairy chested man, they need to take a page from automobile shows and have a very attractive model doing it. Wait, on second thought, would you be paying attention to the phone if the person holding them was the attractive piece?
    03-05-15 09:23 PM
    From wikipedia:

*eyeroll* I wouldn't say that is a dress shirt, but people wear white shirts under dress shirts ALL THE TIME. I think you're on your own, here. As a hairy chest man myself, it can be nice when the outside shirt is a little see through or light colours. Perhaps when you're an adult, you'll see them more often.

Listen, I'm one of the people who make fun of people wearing 3-4 layers of clothing in decent weather. In these cases, its way more acceptable than when kids where 3 layers of shirts where one of the layers is plaid or something.

As for the OP, this is pretty, pretty, petty. If the shirt was untucked, or food stains on the shirt, I'd hear you out.

Also speaking as a hairy chested man, they need to take a page from automobile shows and have a very attractive model doing it. Wait, on second thought, would you be paying attention to the phone if the person holding them was the attractive piece?
    U r right.. I have seen that all the time in USA... And nothing really personal of course but it is not the most elegant thing to do.
    I was born and raised in Italy.. different "cultural point of view" on the way of dress.
    Hopefully one thing my country is still proud of is fashion and I think I can express my 2 cents here
    Do not get me wrong I love the casual style used in USA (I live in NY) but I reiterate my NO-GO.
    Cheers
    P.s. Hairy chest.. either button up the shirt or shave

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin and thedose like this.
    03-05-15 09:57 PM
    U r right.. I have seen that all the time in USA... And nothing really personal of course but it is not the most elegant thing to do.
    I was born and raised in Italy.. different "cultural point of view" on the way of dress.
    Hopefully one thing my country is still proud of is fashion and I think I can express my 2 cents here
    Do not get me wrong I love the casual style used in USA (I live in NY) but I reiterate my NO-GO.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Shave the chest? Hell no. Did you ever see the "butter shave" Seinfeld episode? Unless you're an Olympic swimmer needing to reduce all friction, it just isn't right.

Funny, I totally have the stereotype of Italians going around with the top buttons undone, shaved or no shaved chest.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-05-15 10:29 PM
    I didn't find that off-putting.
    03-05-15 10:56 PM
    ...i live in Jamaica and it is almost a requisite to wear an undershirt to "protect" your dress shirt from wet sweat marks/stains

03-06-15 06:39 AM
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    The one main problem I have with this post is my automatic assumptions made. Sadly like the person who started this thread, I made an assumption when reading Davideany's post.

I wouldn't be taking advice from someone who starts a sentence with "U r right" followed by sentence fragments combined with "..."'s throughout.

I am also someone who has a hairy chest and require an undershirt when dressed up. While not embarrassed with the hair on my body, I do like to look as professional as possible, either business casual or dress.

For those of us who do have a hairy chest will know, if you are somewhere (like being on stage with bright warm lights) sweat tends to happen. Insert chest hair and sweat stains on dress shirt, you're not going to like what you see. Hence the need for an undershirt.

And then he ends his post with a P.S. and says button up or shave. I have a distinct feeling that this person hasn't had the experience of body hair in these situations and take his advice about shaving somewhere else.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-06-15 07:10 AM
    For the record I do not have a hairy chest but as a transplanted brit, with Jamaican parents, even after all this time I am not100% acclimatized to the heat and will sweat in air conditioning for chrissakes!! Lol

That said I can wear pretty much what I like and why I wear Polo shirts, but on the odd occasion I wear a suit or shirt and tie I Absolutely have to wear an undershirt

03-06-15 09:41 AM
35 12