There are lots of IFA preview articles saying the Venice may be unveiled there, but I can't even find a schedule or any information that says BlackBerry will making any announcements about anything. Does anyone know when BlackBerry is scheduled at IFA?
    09-05-15 02:39 AM
    They're not.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:16 AM
    IFA product launches are done for now, if a product hasn't been announced yet, it won't be. Saturday and sunday are virtually consumer days only, without any news at all. Tuesday is the last day and nobody does any big reveals on that day. Which leaves monday as the last possibility, yet it is very, very unlikely we'll see anything new there either.

Edit: BlackBerry isn't even listed for the present IFA companies.
    09-05-15 04:12 AM
    Man, I'm disappointed. BlackBerry is up to their old schnanagens about how they're going to reveal this. At this rate, I'll be very surprised if they launch this thing this year. Why is it that BlackBerry struggles so badly for product launches? First to market is more important than they think, the longer they wait, the more likelihood that some of their potential customers might just pick up a Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 edge/Plus, Note 5... Apple iPhone 6s/Plus, or whatever other device out there. There's a reason why Samung revealed the Note 5+S6 Edge Plus a month sooner, because they wanted to beat Apple to the punch and obtain as much of the customer base that were waiting for a new phone. BlackBerry should of done the same, especially because it's running Android. Chen proved himself as not knowing what the eff he is doing, just like the rest of the company. He's not any better than the previous fools in the hotseat. /rant
    09-05-15 04:25 AM
    So when the hell is it going to be revealed????

30th September was a date that was banded across the forums recently...... tell me they're still not in discussions with Google re runtime etc etc??? That could still drag out for ages......

All we are asking for is a date for an announcement!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 04:59 AM
    Man, I'm disappointed. BlackBerry is up to their old schnanagens about how they're going to reveal this.
    You mean you're disappointed that there was a *RUMOUR* that they would announce something and that didn't happen?

At this rate, I'll be very surprised if they launch this thing this year. Why is it that BlackBerry struggles so badly for product launches? First to market is more important than they think, the longer they wait, the more likelihood that some of their potential customers might just pick up a Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 edge/Plus, Note 5... Apple iPhone 6s/Plus, or whatever other device out there.
    First to market helped BlackBerry be the current dominant player in the smartphone market, right?! Friendster is the dominant social network? Creative was the dominant music player? etc... It's important, but not in all situations.

BlackBerry's problem isn't just first to market. It's apps. It's marketing. It's image. It's carrier support. etc. Announcing and releasing the Slider tomorrow won't change that.

There's a reason why Samung revealed the Note 5+S6 Edge Plus a month sooner, because they wanted to beat Apple to the punch and obtain as much of the customer base that were waiting for a new phone. BlackBerry should of done the same, especially because it's running Android.

Really? Why wouldn't people just wait a month and see what Apple has to offer and decide then? Why didn't you hop on the Samsung bandwagon? Waiting for the Slider? To see what Apple announces?

Chen proved himself as not knowing what the eff he is doing, just like the rest of the company. He's not any better than the previous fools in the hotseat. /rant
    That's yet to be played out.
    09-05-15 05:17 AM
    So when the hell is it going to be revealed????

30th September was a date that was banded across the forums recently...... tell me they're still not in discussions with Google re runtime etc etc??? That could still drag out for ages......

All we are asking for is a date for an announcement!
    Are you from the future? September just started and everything in the forums is considered *RUMOUR*.
    09-05-15 05:20 AM
    You mean you're disappointed that there was a *RUMOUR* that they would announce something and that didn't happen?

First to market helped BlackBerry be the current dominant player in the smartphone market, right?! Friendster is the dominant social network? Creative was the dominant music player? etc... It's important, but not in all situations.

BlackBerry's problem isn't just first to market. It's apps. It's marketing. It's image. It's carrier support. etc. Announcing and releasing the Slider tomorrow won't change that.

Really? Why wouldn't people just wait a month and see what Apple has to offer and decide then? Why didn't you hop on the Samsung bandwagon? Waiting for the Slider? To see what Apple announces?

You're asking why your average consumer wouldn't wait for a month?.. really? your average consumer doesn't care, if he/she needs to do an upgrade they will buy any phone that fits their needs... iPhone 6s is coming out, but people still get the 6 now because its on sale and they don't want to wait. The only people who wait are people in-the-know, and that makes up for less than 10, maybe even less than 5%. So this is why first to market helps. Samsung came out with the Note 5 hoping to steal some people away from iPhone 6s. I'm talking about GP(general population), not the people like us discussing a company's future on a forum.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-05-15 05:43 AM

Actually if the slider comes with android apps won't be a problem anymore. Probably carrier support either as in that case they won't be afraid of high return rate

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 05:58 AM
    It's not like they have set expectations on this phone and not fulfilled them. Everything we have seen has been a leak in the last 2 months. BlackBerry will announce something sometime in the fall. Just going have to wait.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-05-15 08:32 AM
    They did late September for the last two flagships, I'd put my bet on that.
    09-05-15 08:40 AM
    I think BB must've put up a display & hired Sargent Schultz to stand there & say; "I know nothingk". It is Berlin after all.
    09-05-15 08:42 AM
    You're asking why your average consumer wouldn't wait for a month?.. really? your average consumer doesn't care, if he/she needs to do an upgrade they will buy any phone that fits their needs... iPhone 6s is coming out, but people still get the 6 now because its on sale and they don't want to wait. The only people who wait are people in-the-know, and that makes up for less than 10, maybe even less than 5%. So this is why first to market helps. Samsung came out with the Note 5 hoping to steal some people away from iPhone 6s. I'm talking about GP(general population), not the people like us discussing a company's future on a forum.
    If your average consumer buys whatever is available at the moment, then it doesn't matter when you release. Think about that. Play through that scenario with just Samsung or Apple releasing first, back and forth.
    09-05-15 03:32 PM
    Little tough for BB to unveil something without being there.

Anyway, if you were to ask me, I'd probably go with September 25 or thereabouts.
    09-05-15 04:21 PM
    Actually Blackberry is there. They have a small booth in hall 25 showing their current devices like Passport Silver Edition.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-15 08:59 AM
    IFA has two to three more days left. Hopefully they will announce on Monday.
    09-06-15 09:49 PM
    My guess is they'll wait until after the 9th to announce anything. Otherwise, they'll announce and then get drowned-out by Apple's iPhone announcement on the 9th.
    09-06-15 11:46 PM
    I bet Kevin will use slider at apple launch..
    09-06-15 11:52 PM
    They did late September for the last two flagships, I'd put my bet on that.
    BB Passport + Classic both revealed in June of 2014. when did they come out? Classic was out December of 2014...... so no.
    09-07-15 01:24 AM
    Ifa they want to announce it they will announce it.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    09-09-15 06:36 PM
    Ifa they want to announce it they will announce it.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    That is the least helpful comment in the thread. I understand, you are probably bitter from being on verizon.

The conference ended yesterday, it wasn't announced.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:08 AM
    Buck up; there's still a chance they might announce at the next IFA.

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    09-10-15 08:21 AM
    That is the least helpful comment in the thread. I understand, you are probably bitter from being on verizon.

The conference ended yesterday, it wasn't announced.
    If you re-read the sentence, you will see it's actually a play on words... using "ifa" instead of "if", with "ifa" in reference to IFA...
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-10-15 06:04 PM
    Actually I think we all should have some patience when the Classic was coming last year everybody whined about getting it out I am sure if the Venice was ready Blackberry would release it.
    09-10-15 06:14 PM
    Actually I think we all should have some patience when the Classic was coming last year everybody whined about getting it out I am sure if the Venice was ready Blackberry would release it.
    C'mon! We all know Chen is trying to kill off hardware! Venice is ready to go but too awesome for the competition, so Chen is going to wait until it's irrelevant, "too late hardware", and then release it. BlackBerry is so on top of the game, Chen must do all he can to sabotage it. That's what good CEO's do.
    09-10-15 07:45 PM
26 12