Saw this tweet on Engadget today about BlackBerry's Android Powered Venice

BlackBerry's Android-powered Venice phone surfaces in the wild BlackBerry's Android-powered Venice phone surfaces in the wild https://t.co/OyWXaPbpgn

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    08-31-15 02:13 AM
    And? Is their more to the story you're wishing to share? lol. BlackBerry 'Venice' slider spotted once again in new images [UPDATED] | CrackBerry.com
    08-31-15 02:24 AM
    What do they say again? Is it 'Late news is better than no news'? Something like that...
    08-31-15 06:15 AM
    And? Is their more to the story you're wishing to share? lol. BlackBerry 'Venice' slider spotted once again in new images [UPDATED] | CrackBerry.com
    Point was rare BlackBerry press. Nice to see somewhere else besides CB.

deadcowboy and Kennedy.L like this.
    08-31-15 09:40 AM
    Point was rare BlackBerry press. Nice to see somewhere else besides CB.

Actually not so rare these days. The Venice has been all over the place. Most positive action BlackBerry has seen in years.
    08-31-15 01:33 PM
    Actually not so rare these days. The Venice has been all over the place. Most positive action BlackBerry has seen in years.
    Indeed. Lots of people are really excited about this device.

At this point, they had better be launching a full Android device. Anything less will be a huge disappointment to a lot of people.
    08-31-15 04:05 PM
    Indeed. Lots of people are really excited about this device.

At this point, they had better be launching a full Android device. Anything less will be a huge disappointment to a lot of people.
    How exactly does one launch 'less' than a full Android device? If you mean a pure BB10 device, that would make a lot of people happy.

I think it's going to be safe to say that this is going to be MORE than just your regular Android and not less by any stretch.
    eduzojordan, brian4591 and extisis like this.
    08-31-15 07:27 PM
    How exactly does one launch 'less' than a full Android device?
    Ask Amazon. They've figured out how to do it a few times already.
    08-31-15 09:36 PM
    Ask Amazon. They've figured out how to do it a few times already.
    And you saw how the Fire Phone debacle went
    08-31-15 09:50 PM
    And you saw how the Fire Phone debacle went
    The Fire phone failed, but tha was one weird device. The Fire tablets are incredibly successful.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:38 PM
    Let the guy share a little news without putting him down.
    09-01-15 11:12 AM
    The Fire phone failed, but tha was one weird device. The Fire tablets are incredibly successful.

Posted via CB10
    Have anything to show that the Fire Tablets are successful today? I agree at launch they were... but lack of Apps is hurting Amazon too.

Last I saw Amazon had seen a -69% growth in new Tablet Sales.....

Positive buzz about the Venice is going on..... but all based on rumors and sighting. That can change once the finial product is released. Right now it is all up to BlackBerry to succeed or fail.
    09-01-15 12:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    One of the major things that killed the Fire, beyond "no one really cared about Amazon putting out a phone," was that the Fire was inexorably tied to Amazon. It would be one thing to say, "we're going to use the Amazon App Store ... but we're also going to let users hit other sites" but the Fire tied pretty much everything into Amazon. However, the problems went even deeper than that. It was expensive, durability was questionable, performance was poor, specs were generally poor (and this is from someone who thinks most talk about "great specs" is overrated; in 2014, who releases a phone they want to be mid-range or so that doesn't have Bluetooth?) ... one of the few good things you could say about it was, "it was better than the Facebook phone."
    lift and jw461 like this.
    09-01-15 02:26 PM
    You want people to participate on the forums and then shut them down for posting? You're representing the crackberry brand. Mind your Social Media etiquette
    09-01-15 03:23 PM
    I wonder if a BB10 portrait slider was a launch device, what would have happened... this goes back to before the Z10 launch in February 2013...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...slider-756434/
    09-01-15 04:45 PM
    I wonder if a BB10 portrait slider was a launch device, what would have happened... this goes back to before the Z10 launch in February 2013...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...slider-756434/
    Doubt it would have changed anything.. the interest isn't coming from it being a slider, the interest is coming from it running Android. When it was a BlackBerry 10 based slider, outlets just made fun of it for being a slider lol.
    LuvULongTime and AdamThatsIt like this.
    09-01-15 04:51 PM
    Doubt it would have changed anything.. the interest isn't coming from it being a slider, the interest is coming from it running Android. When it was a BlackBerry 10 based slider, outlets just made fun of it for being a slider.
    So, what's different now? It's still a slider. Why isn't it still worthy of ridicule... especially because it's an ANDROID slider, there's plenty of evidence that "Android sliders suck".

Anyone who ever achieved excellence in their lives was 'made fun of' and stayed true to themselves and succeeded. I'm kind of ashamed of BlackBerry leadership at the time who were more worried about being "made fun of" than they were about being proud of what BlackBerry was and is.
    09-01-15 05:08 PM
    So, what's different now? It's still a slider. Why isn't it still worthy of ridicule... especially because it's an ANDROID slider, there's plenty of evidence that "Android sliders suck".
    Larger outlets don't care about BlackBerry 10. They care about Android. Running BB10 it was considered dead on arrival. Running Android, it's considered to at least have a bit of a chance. It'll still get made fun of for being a slider but less under Android. Well, unless it's really terrible in which case it'll get crucified lol.
    Troy Tiscareno and Maxxxpower like this.
    09-01-15 05:17 PM
    So, what's different now? It's still a slider. Why isn't it still worthy of ridicule.
    An Android-blend slider may or may not succeed? But one thing is for certain, a slider with Apps has a chance; a slider without Apps is DOA.

(and I hardly use Apps but I understand millions do)
    Last edited by DolemiteDONS; 09-01-15 at 06:01 PM.
    09-01-15 05:31 PM
    The blackberry keyboard, that's what sets it apart from any other slider.
    09-01-15 05:43 PM
    Only place I see it is here
    09-01-15 05:45 PM
    Let the guy share a little news without putting him down.
    Ya, looking back my initial comment came off rather rude. Apologies, lady of the lake.
    09-01-15 05:45 PM
    Only place I see it is here
    Google "blackberry venice slider": https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=...+venice+slider
    09-01-15 06:38 PM
    Classy move there Blaze!

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    09-02-15 05:02 PM