I was thinking... if the slider will be like this one on photo , how will be possible to swipe through the apps like on all current bb10s?

BlackBerry Slider, soft keys and Swipes-blackberry-slider.jpg

I mean, look at it, it has got soft touch keys... will be possible to swipe over without touching those buttons? There isn't space. Is this a sort of revelation or what? On current BB10 phones, those buttons are on screen!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by LastSnake; 08-02-15 at 07:45 AM.
    08-02-15 01:03 AM
    With the keyboard closed, imagine it's a Z30.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-02-15 04:04 PM
    the back is thick and the screen very light and thin. It's just a full touchscreen device like the Z30, but you can slide a keyboard and in my opinion is should be wide and not small, It's so much easier.

I must say i really like to see a full touchscreen Passport . I think it will be cool
    08-02-15 04:16 PM
    I have never had a slider. It's either full touch or qwerty!

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 07:21 PM
    I use to own a Dell Venue Pro which was a slider. You could either use an onscreen keyboard or the physical keyboard.

Hopefully the blackberry slider is the same.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-02-15 09:41 PM
    Uhm maybe i've been misunderstood... what I meant was: if those shortcuts on the bottom (Phone, assistant and camera) are soft touch keys, like an Android Phone to make it simple, where is the space to put your finger and do the typical swipes of bb10? how will be possible to exit from an App without touching those keys and launch other things, the assistant for example?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 09:45 AM
    Those soft keys already exist on the all touch BB10 Devices. This picture is from the quick preview of the phone. I don't believe it was truly operational and you can see that the icons have been chopped a bit as well. this is most likely just an image. If you look at a Z30 screen you will see the same soft keys you are talking about.
    08-03-15 09:55 AM
    Uhm... english is not my first language so maybe i'm saying something wrong... on the slider, those soft keys are represented as hard keys, not on screen like the z30. That's the point.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 11:51 AM
    No, there's some sort of tape or something over the bottom of the screen on that pic. And it's very likely that device in particular is just a mock-up with a light shining through a fake screenshot.
    08-03-15 12:43 PM
    Yeah, I wonder if the swipe up gesture would swipe the screen up to expose the keyboard. I can imagine it'd be something that could accidentally happen. Hopefully the slider mechanism would require more effort to open the keyboard than that (but not too much).
    08-03-15 02:00 PM
    Yeah, I wonder if the swipe up gesture would swipe the screen up to expose the keyboard. I can imagine it'd be something that could accidentally happen. Hopefully the slider mechanism would require more effort to open the keyboard than that (but not too much).
    I can't imagine the slider would be loose enough for that to happen. Some of the cheapo Android sliders that Samsung made were pretty loose and wobbly, but my Torch was tight and my Motorola slider that was pretty high end when it came out in 2012 was also tight. It was a landscape slider, and when I'd swipe back and forth through my screens the slider never moved.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 05:48 PM
    Those keys are part of the screen. No hard keys or touch sensitive keys involved

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 05:52 PM
    Look just under the keys and you see the where the faint back light of the display ends. IMO it would be stupid to place hard keys that shortcut to the camera right on the front of the device

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 05:54 PM
    Look just under the keys and you see the where the faint back light of the display ends. IMO it would be stupid to place hard keys that shortcut to the camera right on the front of the device

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, now I understand... but why that Black background under those buttons, if it's display?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:56 PM
    Thanks, now I understand... but why that Black background under those buttons, if it's display?

Posted via CB10
    Remember, that's just the prototype. It surely won't look like that when released

Posted via CB10
    LastSnake likes this.
    08-06-15 01:10 AM
    I think what OP is asking is how will you swipe up to minimize an app, or to go back as you do on the current phones. There's no bevel to allow for a swipe, or rather it would be rather uncomfortable to do so.

Posted via CB10
    LastSnake likes this.
    08-07-15 01:30 AM
    I have never had a slider. It's either full touch or qwerty!

Posted via CB10
    I actually quite liked the torch design of the earlier class bb devices and it had ample screen space. The new slider im sure is as large as the z30.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-09-15 11:17 AM
    I think what OP is asking is how will you swipe up to minimize an app, or to go back as you do on the current phones. There's no bevel to allow for a swipe, or rather it would be rather uncomfortable to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Judging from that leaked pic this morning, it does have a bezel to a certain extent. Certainly not a huge one like the Z10 or 30, but I think it's just about the minimum that is needed to perform a comfortable swipe.

From the looks of it, it may be just as big as the portion of the Bezel that reads 'BlackBerry' on the 10 and 30

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:45 AM
    Judging from that leaked pic this morning, it does have a bezel to a certain extent. Certainly not a huge one like the Z10 or 30, but I think it's just about the minimum that is needed to perform a comfortable swipe.

From the looks of it, it may be just as big as the portion of the Bezel that reads 'BlackBerry' on the 10 and 30

Posted via CB10
    Uhm looking from the leaked pic... it doesn't seem to allow a comfortable swipe. I hope I'm wrong, because this would mean it will be only Android, with on screen keys...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:15 PM
    Uhm... english is not my first language so maybe i'm saying something wrong... on the slider, those soft keys are represented as hard keys, not on screen like the z30. That's the point.

Posted via CB10
    At the picture, it does look like a samsung soft keys inside the black bar (Phone, Search and Camera). But on the other leaked photos I've seen, the screen looks extending throughout the glass, meaning I don't see any soft keys on the bottom, but it's just me. Either ways we don't know if that phone Ron's holding is the final product (with BlackBerry OS in it)

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-09-15 11:17 PM
    The name is slider, wish not it keypad sliding from bottom . I did not seen android / iPhone keypad device in market nowadays. I liked to be full touch screen device.

 Z10/STL100-2/2339 
    08-13-15 06:35 AM