So far, not much is known about the Slider but there are numerous rumors about specs, so I thought it'd be a good idea to have it all in one thread. So without further ado, here are the rumored specs so far:

*Front Facing 'Grill' Speaker
    *Touch-Enabled PKB
    *5.1" Super Amoled 2560x1440 UHD screen
    *Dual-Edge Curved Screen (like the one found in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge)
    *16MP Camera with 2K Recording (camera like the one found in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge)
    *5MP Front-Facing Camera
    *MSM8994 Processor with 8 CPU Cores
    *3 or 4GB RAM
    *32GB SSD (expandable to 128GB with Micro SD Card)
    *3850 mAH Non-Removable Battery

So there you have it . I'll add on to the list and most credible rumors surface. I'd like to say thanks to DHabkirk and BlackBerry Central as many of these rumors were provided by them.

Please share any rumors you've heard

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:13 PM
    Pretty sweet, betcha it's gonna cost hefty, btw does BlackBerry copying Samsung or it's because BlackBerry has agreement with them so they make curved screen like Galaxy Edge/S6?

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    04-01-15 08:31 PM
    Would rather have an LCD screen.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    moody and Thalestr like this.
    04-01-15 08:35 PM
    Pretty sweet, betcha it's gonna cost hefty, btw does BlackBerry copying Samsung or it's because BlackBerry has agreement with them so they make curved screen like Galaxy Edge/S6?

It's rumored that they're working together on this device

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-01-15 08:45 PM
    Would rather have an LCD screen.

I would too but super Amoled screens are improving everyday and are much better than the old one found in the Z30

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 08:45 PM
    That is pretty respectable spec.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-01-15 09:34 PM

When you guys say it's gonna cost hefty, what numbers range you have in mind exactly? Way above that of Passport?
    04-01-15 11:23 PM
    When you guys say it's gonna cost hefty, what numbers range you have in mind exactly? Way above that of Passport?
    $799 would be my estimate. Anything over that and you start chopping off big portions of the market.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-01-15 11:57 PM
    I remember paying 550.00 for my 9810 at launch. I know that was 4+ years ago. If it was any other phone I'd wait a year like I did with the Z30.

I could see paying 700 if it's really a high end quality device. Which means I can see it being 799.

If BlackBerry was smart they'd launch this thing multicolored like they did the Q5. I'm a big fan of that nice blue color. If I was in the market for a classic I'd still be waiting for blue.

Right now I'd get the slider at launch unless they announce colors and then never produce them. Or do special colors for only Verizon. I want to get this phone directly from BlackBerry in the color I want at launch.

I guess the only thing worse is them saying it will only be one color and then launching different colors 4 months later.

BlackBerry sure has a way of pissing me off. But I still come back for more.

04-02-15 01:03 AM
    Specs that I just heard about from a friend

Screen: 5.1" inch (2560 x 1440)
    Processor: Snapdragon 425 with 1.5ghz (Octa-Core)
    Adreno 405 GPU
    RAM: 3GB
    Battery: 3,850 mAh
    Storage: 32GB

Comes with "Snapdragon StudioAccess Content Protection"

Not sure if it's legit or not, but we will see

Last edited by Matty; 04-02-15 at 06:19 AM.
    04-02-15 04:00 AM

Adreno 405 GPU

Seems more likely that it'll have an Exynos processor like the Samsung Galaxy S6

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 06:21 AM
    I remember paying 550.00 for my 9810 at launch. I know that was 4+ years ago. If it was any other phone I'd wait a year like I did with the Z30.

I could see paying 700 if it's really a high end quality device. Which means I can see it being 799.

If BlackBerry was smart they'd launch this thing multicolored like they did the Q5. I'm a big fan of that nice blue color. If I was in the market for a classic I'd still be waiting for blue.

Right now I'd get the slider at launch unless they announce colors and then never produce them. Or do special colors for only Verizon. I want to get this phone directly from BlackBerry in the color I want at launch.

I guess the only thing worse is them saying it will only be one color and then launching different colors 4 months later.

BlackBerry sure has a way of pissing me off. But I still come back for more.

Yeah. Same here. I bought my wife a 9810 - off contract as well. It was $475.00 (around this price) on at&t. If the specs are true or even better, I don't mind the price and I'll have to get two.....according to wife- no choice. Otherwise, we will stick with our Z30s. Unlike me, she refuses to use any other platforms.
    calcareer likes this.
    04-02-15 07:51 AM

Adreno 405 GPU

Very weak SoC, but I can confirm the battery capacity

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:48 PM

Adreno 405 GPU

I don't think that CPU and display can coexist. All the releases on the 425 say it only supports resolutions up to FHD or 1920X1080. That won't work for these specs.
    04-02-15 02:07 PM
    Seems absurd .

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 10:50 AM
    Yeah around Passport's price, or maybe a bit cheaper, but still hefty

Not gonna buy it though, I prefer all touch device like Z10 lol

04-03-15 11:28 AM
    Yeah around Passport's price, or maybe a bit cheaper, but still hefty

Not gonna buy it though, I prefer all touch device like Z10 lol

It's most likely going to be more expensive actually because there's better specs and curved screen

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 12:55 PM
    The curved screen gets me: on the Galaxy S6 Edge, the curved part of the screen is used for notifications when the device is laying screen side down, or has a 'launcher" along the edge to launch other apps even when within an app.

So, assuming, say, 80 pixels for each "edge" does that mean that the actual useable area of the screen is 2400 x 1400? Or that part of the "live" screen is curved on the edges? Or is BB10 going to be modified to support the curved edge in a manner like Samsung modified Android and BB10 will be using the curved bits for notifications or other stuff?

This curved edge screen seems ill-advised for a BB10 device, so while I'm hoping it is a high res beast of a phone, I'm not sold on the benefit of the curved edge screen other than gimmickry and the associated publicity.

Give me a nice flat 2560 x 1440 screen where every glorious pixel is useful to me and, with all due respect, spare me the gimmicks.

I honestly hope that the curved edge thing we've now seen in closeup pictures is as fake as it appears, totally artificial transparency printed on an HP Office Jet, glued in front of a light bulb, hacked into the slider mechanism I hope BB has developed, and what we ACTUALLY get for our slider will be a NO-NONSENSE powerful gimmick-free tool. Please, BlackBerry. What are you doing here?
    04-03-15 04:25 PM
    The curved screen gets me: on the Galaxy S6 Edge, the curved part of the screen is used for notifications when the device is laying screen side down, or has a 'launcher" along the edge to launch other apps even when within an app.

So, assuming, say, 80 pixels for each "edge" does that mean that the actual useable area of the screen is 2400 x 1400? Or that part of the "live" screen is curved on the edges? Or is BB10 going to be modified to support the curved edge in a manner like Samsung modified Android and BB10 will be using the curved bits for notifications or other stuff?

This curved edge screen seems ill-advised for a BB10 device, so while I'm hoping it is a high res beast of a phone, I'm not sold on the benefit of the curved edge screen other than gimmickry and the associated publicity.

Give me a nice flat 2560 x 1440 screen where every glorious pixel is useful to me and, with all due respect, spare me the gimmicks.

I honestly hope that the curved edge thing we've now seen in closeup pictures is as fake as it appears, totally artificial transparency printed on an HP Office Jet, glued in front of a light bulb, hacked into the slider mechanism I hope BB has developed, and what we ACTUALLY get for our slider will be a NO-NONSENSE powerful gimmick-free tool. Please, BlackBerry. What are you doing here?
    I think Chen or someone at BlackBerry actually said that it'll have curved edges.

And no, the edges aren't like the ones on the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, they're more like the ones on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Which means that they won't have any extra icons on the edges, the screen will just curve along the sides. That means that it'll probably be used for notifications which isn't gimmicky because many people, such as myself , will be using it for that.

And also, BlackBerry said that there'll be some very innovative software features added to make use of the curved edges so maybe there'll be something extremely useful even for you

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:02 PM
    Looks like I gotta start saving for it now!
    04-03-15 06:01 PM
    I hope the curved edge isn't touch sensitive. Seems like that would be a nightmare. How would you hold the phone? You would always be touching something and opening it.
    Xenolock likes this.
    04-03-15 06:08 PM
    I'd rather it have the snapdragon processor, but I think if they used samsung processor it'll be cheaper for BlackBerry. I really hope it doesn't have too much influence from samsung as I love samsung specs, they do have some ugly devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:04 PM
    I hope the curved edge isn't touch sensitive. Seems like that would be a nightmare. How would you hold the phone? You would always be touching something and opening it.
    You won't. Just watch some videos of the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. It's not very easy to open things

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:13 PM
    I would like some rumors for a release date. For all we know this thing could launch in 2017 given the development history of BlackBerry.
    04-03-15 07:17 PM
    I would like some rumors for a release date. For all we know this thing could launch in 2017 given the development history of BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry Central said something about it being expected to release in late June I think. either way, it's expected to release sometime this summer

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 08:53 PM
77 123 ...