While it would seem highly unlikely that you would be able to install BB's flavour of Android on existing BB devices, ans BB has the devices locked down tight as part of their best of brand security.

But I am thinking there may be a good possibility that it could be installed on other android devices if they have an unlocked boot loader. That would be pretty sweet. The Android hacking community is fairly large and active, and if BB did put some security measures in place, you would think they could be circumvented in some way. This would be easier than the other way around, and software hacking is a lot easier than h/w hacking.

If nothing else, it should be possible to steal certain parts of their BB Android OS, like maybe Hub app, their custom launcher (just guessing they will have these things), and put them on whatever flavour OS you are running on your Android device.

This is based on no fact, or leak. Just my musings. Thoughts?
    08-31-15 03:36 PM
    blackberry suite is supposed to be available for anyone
    08-31-15 03:56 PM
    blackberry suite is supposed to be available for anyone
    I hadn't heard this other than speculation on the Upflow podcast. Any source?
    08-31-15 04:04 PM
    IF the skin is really good and useful, then it will surely be ported out.

That's a big if, most manufacturers can't pur together an android skin worth a Damn, and I have even less faith in Blackberry.

That being said, I'm sure the good apks will be ripped pretty quickly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-15 04:21 PM
    I hadn't heard this other than speculation on the Upflow podcast. Any source?
    BlackBerry announced it on March 1st but hasn't provided any information since then, although some parts of it such as the Hub appear to be built into the Slider.

Introducing the Cross-Platform BlackBerry Experience Suite | Inside BlackBerry
    08-31-15 09:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it'll be incorporated into the slider as part of their own custom skinned android, but they'll probably offer it as a purchasable download for all other droids on the play store, as well as offering it to iOS users on itunes. Their primary focus is on software right? So they release a device (venice) to showcase their vision and make their software OS agnostic. They've just taken some of BB10's greatest parts that reviewers and consumers like (but not enough to remain loyal to bb10 itself) and made them available on the platform of their choice. Smart business decision IMO.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 04:39 AM