We've seen BlackBerry leaning towards personal and work modes... do you think its possible that the new slider might have two flash chips for dual/completely distinct operating systems (android/bb10)...

I know its wildly unlikely but how amazing would that be?

Like two hard drives on a computer, its really not that difficult to implement...however practicality more difficult to support.

I personally would be divided regarding which device i'd buy if there were two but would love the flexibility of changing my mind

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:44 AM
    At a minimum it would entice the salespeople to start considering BlackBerry again! Thats in my mind the biggest problem, people go into stores looking for phones and 'get sold'...but never BlackBerry's

Optional android would change all that

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:49 AM
    We've seen BlackBerry leaning towards personal and work modes... do you think its possible that the new slider might have two flash chips for dual/completely distinct operating systems (android/bb10)...

Like two hard drives on a computer, its really not that difficult to implement...however practicality more difficult to support.

I personally would be divided regarding which device i'd buy if there were two but would love the flexibility of changing my mind

Posted via CB10
    Liked imac there is hard disk enable loaded two software, window and ISO operation system that is possible work on BlackBerry device. One key switch mode to select OS operating.

Z10/STL100-2/10.3.2.2339
    07-04-15 01:54 AM
    Just my opinion from an ROI perspective....

It's a great idea... however they have been unable to build and maintain their current BB10 OS, they won't be able to build two. They might be able to save money by relying on another OS to usurp a lot of the development and R+D costs though but it would be all or nothing unfortunately.

My chief concern right now, is they spent every penny and developer they had making BB10. They don't have those resources to repeat on Android, and that means certain failure if they try, and a lot of security holes will be left during the process.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    deiop likes this.
    07-04-15 03:23 AM
    It will be much attractive if a BB phone is packed with 2 OS.
    No not iOS, nor Symbian, but Windows, since the current BB10 is already packed with Android runtime.

Personally, i feel that the inclusion of plain/BB spin off version Android is a little waste of space to the system, since BB10 have that runtime. Certainly, BB's Android runtime will not be up-to-date to accommodate apps designed for the latest version of Android, where Android users will want to see and use...
    Hence, the practical way to accommodate Android or other OS(Win10 for example), is to pe-install a customized version that is un-installable like Ubuntu. Ready to download, ready to install, ready to use, ready to remove if user find it hardware hogging... Such customized version can only be downloaded from BB websites.
    07-04-15 04:17 AM
    No not iOS, nor Symbian, but Windows, since the current BB10 is already packed with Android runtime.

Personally, i feel that the inclusion of plain/BB spin off version Android is a little waste of space to the system, since BB10 have that runtime. Certainly, BB's Android runtime will not be up-to-date to accommodate apps designed for the latest version of Android, where Android users will want to see and use...
    Hence, the practical way to accommodate Android or other OS(Win10 for example), is to pe-install a customized version that is un-installable like Ubuntu. Ready to download, ready to install, ready to use, ready to remove if user find it hardware hogging... Such customized version can only be downloaded from BB websites.
    That is a great idea and, well put. I'd buy it if it was going that route.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:57 AM
    Count me in! BB10 for work/personal, Android for play...

RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-04-15 10:14 AM
    No, google wouldn't allow it, remember those windows android devices? Oh wait they never released

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-04-15 02:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same thing! What if on initial startup/setup you were given the option to load bbos or android!?

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-25-15 08:27 AM

Thing is microsoft would probably allow this while google probably won't allow android and BlackBerry together. Remember those windows android tablets, yea they never saw the day of light because of google. Though I don't see any real benefits of having windows dual with BlackBerry, the only thing enticing about wp is their amazing camera and that's a hardware thing

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 01:00 PM
    I dont think that will be possible as google play services require a full android runtime in the os and according to rules a secondary android slider will not permit the addition of the full runtime on the bbos slider. It would be nice to have access to google play services on the bbos right!!

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-09-15 11:27 AM