Honestly, I don't think there will be any significant sales with the BlackBerry Hamburg....I mean come on ! No PKB ?? Why would anyone anticipate a BlackBerry Android without the keyboard? Worst of all they ate probably gonna sell it for 500 dollars or so....anyone with the slightest knowledge of smartphone know that you can get much, much better Android experience with that price ........

If dinosaurs are what's left at the RIM hardware decision , then I agree with John. Don't do it anymore

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-22-16 01:40 AM
    Honestly, I don't think there will be any significant sales with the BlackBerry Hamburg....I mean come on ! No PKB ?? Why would anyone anticipate a BlackBerry Android without the keyboard? Worst of all they ate probably gonna sell it for 500 dollars or so....anyone with the slightest knowledge of smartphone know that you can get much, much better Android experience with that price ........

If dinosaurs are what's left at the RIM hardware decision , then I agree with John. Don't do it anymore

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Most of the people in the world use and prefer an all touch smartphone. So it's a no brainer BlackBerry makes an all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 04:30 AM
    Even if these upcoming devices are somewhat successful for a BlackBerry in 2016 then it will be a good win for the hardware division.

BlackBerry never broke out sales for the Priv device but it didn't sound too optimistic.

If the devices sell a combined 2 million a quarter for 3 new devices, than we can claim to small level of success. Keep in mind that those sales figures above would be a significant jump from the 500k sales currently. To have 3 brand new Android devices only sell 2 million a quarter though is considered quite poor from an Android phone perspective.

The hardware division has pretty much gotten close to break even here fairly soon. On the last conference call the loses were reported at $21 million with Q2 coming "significantly lower" is what was said. The expectation is that in Q3 the hardware division will be either break even or perhaps turn a small profit.

Lots and lots of work and costs have occurred but we will see what transpires over the next little while.

Posted via CB10
    DaDaDogg likes this.
    07-22-16 04:59 AM
    I'm anxious to see what comes out. Z30 is running well, but I'm starting to want a change. Coming to grips with Android being the next step but want to stay BlackBerry at this point. Now if only BlackBerry would stop being ridiculous about over-pricing a device with outdated specs...

white Z30 STA100-5
    07-22-16 05:30 PM
    Not excited at all. We will get a generic touch BlackBerry branded Android phone with BlackBerry apps made by another company from what we know.

Priv was exciting. This is not. These are meant for enterprise.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    07-23-16 06:35 AM
    My Z30 is 18 months old and feels brand new; its the apps dissapperaing (whatsapp will be the proverbial straw) that will force its replacement.

Otherwise I'd seriously keep it as my work phone until it starts glitching.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    07-23-16 09:36 AM
    Couldn't care less about this phone... I'm awaiting for the Rome just for the pkb
    07-23-16 01:39 PM
    With MM's granular control over the apps for security and BlackBerry notorious VKB available for other android phones you're not missing out much by grabbing a pure Android phone with better specs for the same price
    Last edited by Ecm; 07-23-16 at 06:30 PM.
    asublimeday likes this.
    07-23-16 03:17 PM
    I'm more excited for this ham & cheese sandwich I'm about to eat than any BlackBerry device coming out without a PKB.

If it doesn't have a PKB, not worth my time.
    FF22, asublimeday and pooyam like this.
    07-23-16 04:24 PM
    I'm perfectly fine with a BlackBerry VKB slab device and hope that BlackBerry has made significant modifications ( security and visually) to justify the increase in price.
    Froboy817 likes this.
    07-23-16 06:18 PM
    I'm more excited for this ham & cheese sandwich I'm about to eat than any BlackBerry device coming out without a PKB.

If it doesn't have a PKB, not worth my time.
    I can go for a ham and cheese sandwich right about now...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    07-23-16 06:57 PM
    Not me. I'm sticking with my Passport until it dies.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 07:19 PM
    Ham and cheese wins.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-23-16 07:23 PM
    I'll stick with a pkb device please

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 07:57 PM
    Seriously, why use a BlackBerry with Android if you don't have the keynoard?????

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 08:41 PM
    I have to admit that the BlackBerry VKB is pretty awesome. The Priv is my first time to use it (I did have a hacked one on my Note 4 but it lacked important features).

But the PKB really adds so many features I wouldn't consider it a BlackBerry without one. I know, VKB BlackBerry slab users would disagree. That's just my opinion and I've never had a BlackBerry without a keyboard.

07-23-16 10:18 PM
    I get that most use VKB, however, if you are going Android, why buy BlackBerry? The competition will beat it out in that segment by far, and it's overly saturated. There is no defining feature that draws you to it. If it had BB10 ok, but with no apps that OS has seen its day, nno matter how good it is.

A Middle of the line PKB with Android does nothing for me. I want a high end one, that isn't $900.

Sadly, a devoted BlackBerry user for 10 years I simply can't afford to forego the lack of apps and functions Android phones have.

Posted via CB10
    BoldWorld likes this.
    07-24-16 11:06 PM
    Most of the people in the world use and prefer an all touch smartphone. So it's a no brainer BlackBerry makes an all touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Literally every other Android company distinguishes itself in some way:

HTC - Premium build, speakers
    Chinese companies - Insanely cheap phones
    Samsung - Premium builds, stylus, VR, waterproof
    Google - Untarnished Android, fast updates
    LG - Modular device
    Sony - Class-leading screens

What is Blackberry doing to justify their existence in the all-touch arena? Security? It's a phone made in China and powered by Google. How secure can it really be? They're not getting my $350.
    07-25-16 03:53 PM
    We weren't meant to be excited, it's targeted for enterprise.
    A proper pkb will win me instantly, I just hope I'm not in my grave by the time it comes out (if it does). And I'm 32.
    07-27-16 10:14 AM
    Darn Plazmic Flame! All I can think about now is a ham and cheese sandwich! Add fried egg, cheese gets all melty...

I wonder how I would do with a keyboard again, have gotten used to touch. One of the reasons Priv is a consideration - I have options.

white Z30 STA100-5
    08-14-16 03:22 AM
    I have to admit that the BlackBerry VKB is pretty awesome. The Priv is my first time to use it (I did have a hacked one on my Note 4 but it lacked important features).

But the PKB really adds so many features I wouldn't consider it a BlackBerry without one. I know, VKB BlackBerry slab users would disagree. That's just my opinion and I've never had a BlackBerry without a keyboard.

Well my first 2 BlackBerry phones were vkb. You can't beat their vkb. I like the pkb and am learning to appreciate it more all the time but each has its place and I don't use either one exclusively

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    08-14-16 08:56 AM
    I've had some more time with my Priv. I'm typing on the VKB right now but I split my time half and half between the two. When I am browsing the Internet, the PKB is out, both because there is no spell correction and to give myself a more full view of the browser. The short and long keyboard shortcuts on the keyboard, as well as the trackpad function, make it a good business tool.

I haven't owned a non pkb BlackBerry device since the Storm 1. I have had many android devices without them, but I was frustrated with all of them. My wife always throws a fit when I contemplate getting rid of BlackBerry devices because, she says, my extensive cell phone use leaves me stressed when I don't have a BlackBerry with a PKB. I don't remember it that way but she's probably right.

That's a long way of saying there are some, like me, who may be forced to use a vkb or may forget, momentarily, the utility of a PKB, but probably shouldn't buy a vkb only device.

I've always kept a BlackBerry for business texts and mobile emails. It is shocking how stupid I can appear to be when using a non BlackBerry vkb.

I respect BlackBerry for making the bold move to Android and think the DTEK is a fine phone. Its features look like a good implementation of the new normal for BlackBerry. Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but I still think the PKB is a defining characteristic -- the first among many -- of a BlackBerry device.

Also, despite my years with BlackBerry devices and as a BlackBerry defender who thinks specs are overrated, my dual use of top Android phones has infected my thinking to the point that buying a lower spec phone (since I keep them awhile) is hard to accept. But I also buy my phones outright, so price is a factor.

While typing this I switched back to the PKB. I wonder why the Crackberry app keeps the text field up high, as if a vkb was still present.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-14-16 09:49 AM
    Yes, only because my Z30 is dying and I absolutely do not want a pkb. A pkb meansless screenspace, and in my hands, the priv is top heavy -- I keep dropping it when trying to type and watch the screen at the same time.
    08-20-16 09:36 AM