So you guys think there will be a 617 then, as opposed to the leaked 615? That would bet better.

My hope is that the argon is using 652, that would be my choice
    Looking up the TCL phones, it looks like the Idol 4S uses the SD652, and is the one with 32 GB of internal memory.

From that first post, the Neon matches with the Idol 4. The Argon, however, does not completely match with the Idol 4S except in internal memory, front camera, battery and screen size. Main back camera, SoC, connector, and ram is different.

I know this was mentioned earlier looking back in this thread, but I had to look it up myself and compare.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 10:42 AM
    Well hope they go with the 652 for the Argon and sd820 lite with the rome
    06-30-16 10:54 AM
    Hahahaha....when did BlackBerry ever had high specs??
    Just one time with priv and their hands got burned so badly. Nobody else to be blamed than the people who played the role of fixing the price.
    They should have released a mid range spec and price it with very less profit until people get onto the BlackBerry android ship. And not to forget, its also their chance for refining BlackBerry android experience without hands getting burnt bad. Now with Priv, they got their hands and their brand name once more burned.
    I really think there should be 2 CEO's for BlackBerry now to deal with hardware and software separately!

Posted via CB10
    Bring Mike back for hardware and keep Chen with the software section

Posted via Overheating Z10
    06-30-16 11:13 AM
    I take it you haven't read Losing the Signal and what it has to say about the dual CEO structure.
    To be fair, people were saying Balsillie was pretty fiery. I don't think Chen is very fiery

06-30-16 11:23 AM
    Some info about the Neon, Argon, and Mercury. Remember to take these with a grain of salt, but here it is.
    https://berryflow.com/2016/06/blackb...ty-smartphone/

06-30-16 11:42 AM
    Looking up the TCL phones, it looks like the Idol 4S uses the SD652, and is the one with 32 GB of internal memory.

From that first post, the Neon matches with the Idol 4. The Argon, however, does not completely match with the Idol 4S except in internal memory, front camera, battery and screen size. Main back camera, SoC, connector, and ram is different.

I know this was mentioned earlier looking back in this thread, but I had to look it up myself and compare.

Posted via CB10
    There's also the Idol 4 Pro actually.

Honestly I'm highly skeptical of this one. John Chen said they can't really do high end anymore.
    06-30-16 01:00 PM
    Some info about the Neon, Argon, and Mercury. Remember to take these with a grain of salt, but here it is.
    https://berryflow.com/2016/06/blackb...ty-smartphone/

That's just all copied from HowardForums...
    06-30-16 01:00 PM
    There's also the Idol 4 Pro actually.

Honestly I'm highly skeptical of this one. John Chen said they can't really do high end anymore.
    Yeah, I've seen it mentioned earlier too (by you, perhaps?). The Pro seems to be made as a Windows 10 Phone, though.

I have no idea if that requires something different chip-wise than what it takes to run Android.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 01:04 PM
    Yeah, I've seen it mentioned earlier too (by you, perhaps?). The Pro seems to be made as a Windows 10 Phone, though.

I have no idea if that requires something different chip-wise than what it takes to run Android.

Posted via CB10
    Windows 10 phones are generally Android phones converted. No company is spending resources on yet another near-dead OS.
    06-30-16 01:30 PM
    More like he played the high-end card and it didn't work out. The BlackBerry name has been tarnished in the high-end thanks to being stuck with mediocre specs and BB10 for years.
    The Z10 when released was spec competitive as was the Z30 and Passport. The Priv was as well at release date. Only the 810 was higher and not well received in the likes of the HTC 9. The Classic had older specs at release but it operates exceedingly well for what it does well. Hasn't Apple kind of dispelled the spec irrationality?

Z10 on 10.3.2
    06-30-16 01:36 PM
    The Z10 when released was spec competitive as was the Z30 and Passport. The Priv was as well at release date. Only the 810 was higher and not well received in the likes of the HTC 9. The Classic had older specs at release but it operates exceedingly well for what it does well. Hasn't Apple kind of dispelled the spec irrationality?

Z10 on 10.3.2
    BB10 devices were persistently one generation behind because they always release devices near the end of the year. Maybe because they need more time due to fewer resources, or less preferential treatment from the suppliers, not sure.

2013 Z10/Q10 had the MSM8960 S4 Pro, which is from the 2012 Galaxy S3. And things got worse when it became the Classic and Z30.
    Passport got closer, had the 801 when everyone was refreshing their devices to 805.

Apple is really only "behind" memory capacity, but iOS is much lighter in footprint because they only target their own hardware. They use their own A-series chips.

Priv suffers from this same thing. They released an 808 when everyone was moving to 820 flagships. It's not bad but in a spec-crazed Android world it "looks bad" . And it does not help that the 808/810 duo was considered one of Qualcomm's worst chips in recent years.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06-30-16 at 02:58 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-30-16 01:54 PM
    BB10 devices were persistently one generation behind because they always release devices near the end of the year. Maybe because they need more time due to fewer resources, or less preferential treatment from the suppliers, not sure.

2013 Z10/Q10 had the MSM8960 S4 Pro, which is from the 2012 Galaxy S3. And things got worse when it became the Classic and Z30.
    Passport got closer, had the 801 when everyone was refreshing their devices to 805.

Apple is really only "behind" memory capacity, but iOS is much lighter in footprint because they only target their own hardware. They use their own A-series chips.

Priv suffers from this same thing. They released an 808 when everyone was moving to 820 flagships. It's not bad but in a spec-crazed Android world it "looks bad" . And it does not help that the 808/810 duo was considered one of Qualcomm's worst chips in recent years.
    I believe you are comparing all BlackBerry devices (BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry Android- against Android and or iOS) The Priv was available for purchase in November '15. The first mainstream 820 device was/is the S7 which became available in April of '16. (when the Priv was available it arguably had the best Qualcomm chip available at the time for an Android device-810 had heat issues and was/is even throttled for usage in the 6P)

The Z10 was released and available at the end of March '13 through AT&T (not the end of the year) and the Q10 @ June or July of '13. Comparing the speed and efficiency of the Z10 to the S3 and even S4 I'll take the Z10 and more so the Z30 any and all day.

Pure Android devices always seem to need more RAM and faster chips to handle similar functions other OS's need less of. (Recently read an article where a 6s with 2 GB RAM beat the One Plus 3 with 6GB)

Lastly I can still get to my 5 email accounts and manage them on my Classic and HUB far faster than I could possibly do on iOS (6s Plus) and or Android (Note 4) I used for a while. I will preface that I do not game and or usually use my device with multiple apps open and running simultaneously.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-30-16 04:56 PM
    I desire a physical keyboard no matter the name!!!!

Posted via CB10
    This
    06-30-16 05:38 PM
    I wonder what is motivating BlackBerry to release two all-touch devices. When they've already stated in the past that physical keyboards are their niche.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 07:56 PM
    I wonder what is motivating BlackBerry to release two all-touch devices. When they've already stated in the past that physical keyboards are their niche.

Posted via CB10
    That, and let alone the rumoured second all-touch with flagship specs. I mean it's a convenient rebadge but they already got burned by the high-end, even Chen said they can't price it high.
    06-30-16 08:16 PM
    That, and let alone the rumoured second all-touch with flagship specs. I mean it's a convenient rebadge but they already got burned by the high-end, even Chen said they can't price it high.
    This whole situation is odd lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 08:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Remember what I said about conflicting rumors? lol. The info I got never showed two all-touch devices at all.

Neon - Touch.
    Argon - Keyboard.
    Mercury - Keyboard.

Everything else is the same though.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-30-16 09:05 PM
    Remember what I said about conflicting rumors? lol. The info I got never showed two all-touch devices at all.

Neon - Touch.
    Argon - Keyboard.
    Mercury - Keyboard.

Two keyboards. Damn it BlackBerry I don't have budget for 3 phones this years for Thor's sake.

And when you meant "everything else the same"... as in 820 + keyboard??!!
    06-30-16 09:16 PM

Neon - Touch.
    Argon - Keyboard.
    Mercury - Keyboard.

They're going to put a keyboard on the 5.5 inch Argon lol? That sounds crazy.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 09:20 PM
    http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_wor...news-19144.php

3 new ones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-30-16 09:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    As crazy as releasing two all-touch devices when your niche is keyboards I guess. Anyway, I'm not saying either or of the reported specs are accurate. As I've noted a few times now, the rumored specs are all over the board and their timing is interesting. These rumors have literally been floating around BEFORE the earnings report and AGM and people are only now running them. Must be hip to write about BlackBerry again.

I remain super skeptical of them all and that's without even joining in on the whole 'ZOMG LEAKED PRESS RENDERS' hype when everyone here should know that's BS. We all know Dylan made the Neon image based off the Idol4/TCL rumors/personal experiences if you've been paying attention. Just look at every blog that ran the rumors today. Some even claiming 'exclusive' for stuff that has been discussed here and elsewhere for dayyyyys.

In any case, Neon is up first. Let BlackBerry get that out the door and see what happens.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-30-16 09:45 PM
    As crazy as releasing two all-touch devices when your niche is keyboards I guess. Anyway, I'm not saying either or of the reported specs are accurate. As I've noted a few times now, the rumored specs are all over the board and their timing is interesting. These rumors have literally been floating around BEFORE the earnings report and AGM and people are only now running them. Must be hip to write about BlackBerry again.

I remain super skeptical of them all and that's without even joining in on the whole 'ZOMG LEAKED PRESS RENDERS' hype when everyone here should know that's BS. We all know Dylan made the Neon image based off the Idol4/TCL rumors/personal experiences if you've been paying attention. Just look at every blog that ran the rumors today. Some even claiming 'exclusive' for stuff that has been discussed here and elsewhere for dayyyyys.

In any case, Neon is up first. Let BlackBerry get that out the door and see what happens.
    Hey Bla1ze,

So two pkbs one mid and one high? Like a Silver Edition with higher specs and the normal mid range spec. Could please tell us the time frame for the pkbs? Thanks.
    06-30-16 10:49 PM
    Hey Bla1ze,

So two pkbs one mid and one high? Like a Silver Edition with higher specs and the normal mid range spec. Could please tell us the time frame for the pkbs? Thanks.
    Like I said, I'm not claiming any of the rumors as accurate. They're rumors. Take your pick of the two takes. I'll take the longer, less traveled road and see what else turns up before hopping on the hype train.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    06-30-16 11:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it will be another slider. Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 12:19 AM
    Like I said, I'm not claiming any of the rumors as accurate. They're rumors. Take your pick of the two takes. I'll take the longer, less traveled road and see what else turns up before hopping on the hype train.
    Patience is virtue I guess. But keyboard on a 5.5 sounds exceptionally ugly. . Hope they keep it at the 4.5 inch screen size like Dylan's renders.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    07-01-16 12:29 AM
511 ... 34567 ...