Blackberry to release 3 new devices: "Argon", "Neon" and "Mercury"

So now it's not 2 but 3 upcoming devices??? I'm so confused
    And I'm really disappointed that the "Mercury" (Rome??) is supposed to be launched for February 2017, I know these informations are just rumors and might be false but it's the only thing we got except the "2 mid-range android phone coming this fiscal year" from Chen. Also it is said that the Mercury is aimed at enterprise only, do you think it won't be available from carriers but only on shopblackberry? Anyway I can't wait that long to upgrade my classic, and if I have to take a full touchscreen android phone, the supposed "Argon" won't be the best android device

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 08:13 PM
    I think one of the phones will be announced next month (hamburg).

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 10:27 PM
    Looks like the Neon and Argon specs match up to the Alcatel Idol 4 and 4S.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 01:05 AM
    Not bad if true, however, the Mercury should have better hardware. It just looks mediocre from where I stand.

Posted via CB10
    DJ76 likes this.
    06-26-16 01:55 AM
    We will wait and see. Hopefully Chen can shed some light on what's happening next month.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    06-26-16 02:42 AM
    I desire a physical keyboard no matter the name!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren, Sigewif and PALoeza like this.
    06-26-16 02:53 AM
    I don't think it's true all this thing because they don't match with what we know already for the 2 devices (hamburg and Rome) and suddenly a new one out of nowhere and I saw it only on this forum

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 05:11 AM
    What's the point of virtual keyboards? Honestly?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 05:36 AM
    Interesting they have three planned.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-26-16 05:56 AM
    What's the point of virtual keyboards? Honestly?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has the best one and they are selling

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    david7saad likes this.
    06-26-16 06:04 AM
    If there are three devices I hope one is a higher end all touch phone. The other two can be mid range all touch and med range keyboard phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 06:13 AM
    If there are three devices I hope one is a higher end all touch phone. The other two can be mid range all touch and med range keyboard phone.

Posted via CB10
    Chen already mentioned he is not willing to play high end...if at he is planning to raise the price game a little than others, it would be for Rome-PKB model!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:16 AM
    I might be buying the Idol 4S, so it's welcome news if BlackBerry will offer a full touch based off the 4S, but we'll see about that

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:55 AM
    Not bad if true, however, the Mercury should have better hardware. It just looks mediocre from where I stand.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry puts high end specs: "Holy crap they are out of reality, the price is out of this world. Who they think they are, Apple?"
    If BlackBerry mid range specs: "Specs should be better!!! We want a high end phone!!"
    06-26-16 07:57 AM
    Chen already mentioned he is not willing to play high end...if at he is planning to raise the price game a little than others, it would be for Rome-PKB model!

Posted via CB10
    More like he played the high-end card and it didn't work out. The BlackBerry name has been tarnished in the high-end thanks to being stuck with mediocre specs and BB10 for years.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-26-16 07:58 AM
    More like he played the high-end card and it didn't work out. The BlackBerry name has been tarnished in the high-end thanks to being stuck with mediocre specs and BB10 for years.
    Hahahaha....when did BlackBerry ever had high specs??
    Just one time with priv and their hands got burned so badly. Nobody else to be blamed than the people who played the role of fixing the price.
    They should have released a mid range spec and price it with very less profit until people get onto the BlackBerry android ship. And not to forget, its also their chance for refining BlackBerry android experience without hands getting burnt bad. Now with Priv, they got their hands and their brand name once more burned.
    I really think there should be 2 CEO's for BlackBerry now to deal with hardware and software separately!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 08:43 AM
    Specs of the supposed "Argon" look pretty good. I don't care if we can call it mid-range or high-end phone, I don't really care. To me, buying a phone depends of specs (+design of course), price, and timing, not sure if blackberry knows what timing is

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 08:47 AM
    Hahahaha....when did BlackBerry ever had high specs??
    Just one time with priv and their hands got burned so badly. Nobody else to be blamed than the people who played the role of fixing the price.
    They should have released a mid range spec and price it with very less profit until people get onto the BlackBerry android ship. And not to forget, its also their chance for refining BlackBerry android experience without hands getting burnt bad. Now with Priv, they got their hands and their brand name once more burned.
    I really think there should be 2 CEO's for BlackBerry now to deal with hardware and software separately!

Posted via CB10
    The pricing was fine, but they were just 7 months late which is an eon in smartphone years. It has the same spec as the LG G4/V10. $100 over G4 for the keyboard is fine.

808/810 was a disaster for Qualcomm, but it was their flagship offering for 2015. BlackBerry can't release 820 like many whined about because they can't use something that didn't exist at the time.
    06-26-16 09:42 AM
    If BlackBerry puts high end specs: "Holy crap they are out of reality, the price is out of this world. Who they think they are, Apple?"
    If BlackBerry mid range specs: "Specs should be better!!! We want a high end phone!!"
    +1

Whatever they decide to do, they'll never make everyone happy.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 09:55 AM
    This is literally their last chance. They have to price these properly. They cannot tack on a higher price just because they think BlackBerry is a premium brand.

It's not.

BlackBerry's reputation has been in the toilet for years and they seem to be the only ones that don't realize it.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 10:02 AM
    This is literally their last chance. They have to price these properly. They cannot tack on a higher price just because they think BlackBerry is a premium brand.

It's not.

BlackBerry's reputation has been in the toilet for years and they seem to be the only ones that don't realize it.

Posted via CB10
    Actually if you look at the whole picture optimistically, that is what they are doing. They are testing the waters on how high they can go. Rules of business is that you price your product as high as the market will accept. They priced the Priv high end, market doesn't accept it, dump the Priv on the secondary market and watch it drop to see at what point they can balance the margin and market selling price. This is my explanation on why they are writing down the inventory so quickly, as a market pricing experiment.

But then of course I could be very wrong as well and they really are just delusional.
    06-26-16 10:54 AM
    Actually if you look at the whole picture optimistically, that is what they are doing. They are testing the waters on how high they can go. Rules of business is that you price your product as high as the market will accept. They priced the Priv high end, market doesn't accept it, dump the Priv on the secondary market and watch it drop to see at what point they can balance the margin and market selling price. This is my explanation on why they are writing down the inventory so quickly, as a market pricing experiment.

But then of course I could be very wrong as well and they really are just delusional.
    They're delusional. They've been over pricing their stuff for years. Wasn't the Q5 like 500 USD at launch?

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and Doggerz like this.
    06-26-16 11:04 AM
    They're delusional. They've been over pricing their stuff for years. Wasn't the Q5 like 500 USD at launch?

Posted via CB10
    Huh? Q5 was $350 CAD back at launch, so there is no way it's $500 USD even with the ridiculous carrier markups.

You're confusing the Classic with the Q5. That launched at $499 and replaced the Q10.

BlackBerry to release Q5 smartphone in Canada - National | Globalnews.ca
    06-26-16 11:08 AM
    Argon is a rumored alcatel idol 4 PRO not 4s.

I hope this actually does see the light of day. Those are proper flagship specs.

But somehow I feel we will only get the neon or argon rather than both.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-26-16 11:13 AM
    Huh? Q5 was $350 CAD back at launch, so there is no way it's $500 USD even with the ridiculous carrier markups.

You're confusing the Classic with the Q5. That launched at $499 and replaced the Q10.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokuit.../#2580e5526952

I was mistaken about the 500 USD. But the delusion is pretty evident.

Posted via CB10
    Jack Chin likes this.
    06-26-16 11:18 AM
511 123 ...