Apologies if this was already posted. Apparently Blackberry will be hosting an online event on the 26th to discuss phones.

Chen Poised to Launch New BlackBerry Phone as Sales Keep Sliding - Bloomberg
    I haven't seen this anywhere. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 05:56 AM
    What you have to understand is mobile phones have been around for many years now. Yes BlackBerry invented the smart phone, then they disappeared for so long that in that space of time it allowed Apple and Android to take a massive share of the Market. I was once a reseller of mobile phones. You either bought a Nokia or a BlackBerry. While BlackBerry was absent for years the buyers moved on. Those buyers are now happy with their IOS and Android why would they buy BlackBerry now? I just want a BlackBerry running OS 10 and im happy. Not sure how long we got.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 10:12 AM
    Yes BlackBerry invented the smart phone
    No they didn't. First ever smartphone was the IBM Simon, back in 1994. The patent for a smartphone is held by Palm, registered in 2000: https://www.google.com/patents/US6976217

On today's episode of "BB10 diehards say the darndest things..."
    07-22-16 01:04 PM
    No they didn't. First ever smartphone was the IBM Simon, back in 1994. The patent for a smartphone is held by Palm, registered in 2000: https://www.google.com/patents/US6976217

On today's episode of "BB10 diehards say the darndest things..."
    You never hear people claim things for other brands that don't belong to them. Never... Just BB10 fans...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-22-16 01:26 PM
    You never hear people claim things for other brands that don't belong to them. Never... Just BB10 fans...

Oh there's that other fruit branded sheep herd too, but they're not prominent here.
    07-22-16 01:47 PM
    Oh there's that other fruit branded sheep herd too, but they're not prominent here.
    You're forgetting another group. Nobody is exempt from that. Go do a random survey and see how many Samsung users think Samsung invented NFC... I personally know a few myself.

07-22-16 02:38 PM
    Yes your probably right but it was BlackBerry who ended up selling it to the masses. Like I said when I was a reseller everything we sold was either a BlackBerry or a Nokia. Very few Siemans, Samsung, Motorola and Sony Ericsson. Never sold any Palms. Apple where not around but if I remember correctly when Apple appeared with their touch screen that was a game changer. And BlackBerry never really responded.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 02:53 PM
    Not sure if any of this is new information about Argon, but I just saw it posted: BlackBerry's next flagship, Argon: What's the story so far?

Posted via Crackberry.com
    07-22-16 03:39 PM
    Argon better come with a laser auto-focus and dual-LED or BlackBerry is dead to me 😡

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-22-16 07:55 PM
    Neon

Full touch
    $0 (400 MSRP)
    Qualcomm 8952 (Snapdragon 617)
    3GB RAM
    5.2″ 1080P display
    16GB storage
    13MP rear camera
    8MP front camera
    2610mAh battery
    Quick charge 2
    aluminum frame
    soft touch plastic rear casing
    Cat 6LTE
    130g
    August 2016 launch

Argon

Full touch
    $200 (600-700MSRP)
    Qualcomm 8996 (a Snapdragon 820)
    4GB RAM
    5.5″ 1440P
    32GB storage
    21MP rear camera
    fingerprint reader (finally)
    8MP front camera
    3000mAh battery
    Quick Charge 3
    USB type-C
    October 2016 launch

Mercury

QWERTY keyboard (similar to Classic)
    Qualcomm 8953 (Snapdragon 625)
    4.5″ screen with 3:2 display ratio
    3GB RAM
    32GB storage
    18MP rear camera
    8MP front camera
    3400mAh battery
    Quick Charge 3.0
    �High precision & Craftsmanship�
    aluminum housing
    aimed at enterprise
    February 2017 launch

07-22-16 07:58 PM
    I am very tired from BB delaying their devices. Chen is following the steps of Elop from Nokia straight to the bottom of the market.

I wanted as many others in here passport 2 with Android and the work wide feeling.

Other companies will move to foldable smartphones and we will have to wait for mercury with a tiny screen on February of 2017.....

No thanks. I can't wait Chen. You are slow as a turtle when the others are moving like a rocket.
    07-23-16 12:42 PM
    I am very tired from BB delaying their devices. Chen is following the steps of Elop from Nokia straight to the bottom of the market.

I wanted as many others in here passport 2 with Android and the work wide feeling.

Other companies will move to foldable smartphones and we will have to wait for mercury with a tiny screen on February of 2017.....

No thanks. I can't wait Chen. You are slow as a turtle when the others are moving like a rocket.
    Like Microsoft, Blackberry has stated that profits are in software.

07-23-16 02:42 PM
    Well I think I'll jump ship too if mercury is released in 2017.
    07-23-16 04:38 PM
    Yes, a passport running Android would be the best idea..
    Currently using a passport and it's the best phone I have had so far..

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 12:53 AM
    Well I think I'll jump ship too if mercury is released in 2017.
    I always find it funny how people are willing to stay on the ship if a devices releases on 'X date" but if it releases on 'X + 2) then we jump ship. If it's one or 2 months later than expected. It doesn't matter

I rather have a gorgeous device than a device that was released too early and then plagued with complaints about how BlackBerry can't do a proper job.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    aecgda likes this.
    07-24-16 09:46 AM
    I always find it funny how people are willing to stay on the ship if a devices releases on 'X date" but if it releases on 'X + 2) then we jump ship. If it's one or 2 months later than expected. It doesn't matter

I rather have a gorgeous device than a device that was released too early and then plagued with complaints about how BlackBerry can't do a proper job.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    Hole in the logic is that X must be a hit before X+2 can happen, and all things gathered, X is a device that nobody wants. People only want the +2.
    07-24-16 09:53 AM
    Hole in the logic is that X must be a hit before X+2 can happen, and all things gathered, X is a device that nobody wants. People only want the +2.
    I must be nobody because I'm getting X ..... and X2.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 11:34 AM
    I just don't get the purpose of Blackberry putting out the Argon. It is a huge phone very similar to iphone 6s plus. My husband has that iphone and says it was a mistake to buy as it is too big for most of his pockets. How could Blackberry make money on something like the Argon? Who would buy it? Too expensive and everyone else has one out there. What would the draw be to buy it? I can see the Neon making some money if the price is kept low i.e. has decent specs and size and BB features and the cost is reasonable. I think the Mercury is the one that would make money, but my guess is Blackberry will lose so much bringing out the Argon that we will never see the Mercury.
    07-24-16 11:38 AM
    I just don't get the purpose of Blackberry putting out the Argon. It is a huge phone very similar to iphone 6s plus. My husband has that iphone and says it was a mistake to buy as it is too big for most of his pockets. How could Blackberry make money on something like the Argon? Who would buy it? Too expensive and everyone else has one out there. What would the draw be to buy it? I can see the Neon making some money if the price is kept low i.e. has decent specs and size and BB features and the cost is reasonable. I think the Mercury is the one that would make money, but my guess is Blackberry will lose so much bringing out the Argon that we will never see the Mercury.
    If the Mercury was next to come out, there would be others saying the exact opposite. Different strokes.

Keep in mind that the Neon is slightly shorter, and significantly lighter (4.76oz / 6oz) and thinner (.28in / .37in) than the Z30.
    kitmo likes this.
    07-24-16 12:00 PM
    If sounds a similar size and spec to the Priv, which I now like. I might buy it. I like the classy Blackberry design and the tweaks they put on the software.

kitmo likes this.
    07-24-16 04:48 PM
    If sounds a similar size and spec to the Priv, which I now like. I might buy it. I like the classy Blackberry design and the tweaks they put on the software.

What would be an example of a tweak that you like? I am thinking of going for the Hamburg if it isn't expensive in Canada. I don't want a huge phone, and if the Mercury appears in the new year I could always go for that. Just curious what sort of tweaks make BB attractive to you.
    07-24-16 06:38 PM
    A UI like the BlackBerry 10 OS with the swipe gestures would be more than welcome for these upcoming devices.

And BlackBerry needs to release the PKB phone asap

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 04:19 AM
    Well since it appears to be Alcatel's hardware, it seems like that Chen's speech of being a software company is coming into focus -- outsource hardware and add apps and security programs to make them BlackBerry secure.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 06:32 AM
    Well since it appears to be Alcatel's hardware, it seems like that Chen's speech of being a software company is coming into focus -- outsource hardware and add apps and security programs to make them BlackBerry secure.

Posted via CB10
    ...while keeping the BlackBerry brand alive.

Posted via Overheating Z10
    07-25-16 09:05 AM
    Any confirmation yet when the announcement is this week?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-16 09:27 AM
511 ... 1314151617 ...