I think it looks kinda odd...if you remove the silver head though , it looks much more complete

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This looks more plausible. But metal frames I like. This is a render by the way.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    08-25-16 12:29 AM
    This looks more plausible. But metal frames I like. This is a render by the way.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c58549bb50.jpg
    Yep love it. Would rather have physical buttons on the toolbelt, not sure what they're planning for it
    08-25-16 01:22 AM
    Yep love it. Would rather have physical buttons on the toolbelt, not sure what they're planning for it
    I would up the screen to include the home and back buttons.
    08-25-16 02:02 AM
    Whatever they launch, I hope it doesn't have curved screen/glass edges. While cool, seems pointless to me.
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-25-16 07:11 AM
    Whatever they launch, I hope it doesn't have curved screen/glass edges. While cool, seems pointless to me.
    Being cool is a point
    08-25-16 08:01 AM
    Well if there is an android pkb coming, I don�t care about what BlackBerry previously failed with. I want a quality BlackBerry hardware that has a pkb and I need whatsapp. That is all it counts. The same applies for my gf. All the rest is not of any interest. It's as simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    This is me 100%. This might mean a month or two without whatsapp which would be a serious annoyance.

The price is also likely to be close to what you can get the Priv to and specs are likely to be similar... much as I appreciate the slider form factor, you really don't want to drop slider phones. Especially given the lack of practical cases for them.

So the dilemma is Priv this fall or wait for Mercury in spring and have a radio silence with the rest of the world.

Grrrr.....
    08-25-16 08:15 AM
    +1

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    08-25-16 08:19 AM
    I would have to disagree, the curved screen is awesome.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    ardakca likes this.
    08-25-16 09:44 AM

Absolutely.
    08-25-16 09:57 AM

For what? Please tell me what it does.

08-25-16 10:11 AM
    Being cool is a point
    Aren't we supposed to be a tad smarter than the apply fashion victims?
    08-25-16 10:22 AM

Before i agree with you, i must explain.

While the curved screen adds no additional functional value, Its adds in design aesthetics (important to some). its giving the screen a 'Infinity pool' like effect. This makes watching videos in the dark a lot nicer to look at. We have come to the point where both device 'A' and device 'B' have 1440p screens, so manufactures are trying to find ways to make their products unique. One of those ways is through different types of display. Just my opinion.
    08-25-16 10:36 AM

While the curved screen adds no additional functional value, Its adds in design aesthetics (important to some). its giving the screen a 'Infinity pool' like effect. This makes watching videos in the dark a lot nicer to look at. We have come to the point where both device 'A' and device 'B' have 1440p screens, so manufactures are trying to find ways to make their products unique. One of those ways is through different types of display. Just my opinion.
    how does it make viewing in the dark better

i don't doubt that we'll be seeing more organic and curvaceous industrial design in the future, but i don't see any benefits at the moment.
    08-25-16 11:44 AM

I would rather have an edge design that is similar to the Passport SE as opposed to the curved edge screen especially if it will make the Mercury more affordable... Nice is not a sustainable design criteria if it contributes to a higher price... also, nice is in the eye of the beholder and one person's nice could be another's not so nice... as an example I bet most would agree that the Passport SE has a much more robust and attractive design compared to the Priv...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 12:49 PM
    how does it make viewing in the dark better
    Perhaps i didn't explain well enough. What i meant was, when watching a video in the dark, you would see bezels on either side of the screen, but with a curved display it makes it look like the screen just ends and there are no borders (which IMO looks great).

as 'TheGraduate' said, each person has their own preferences.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    08-25-16 01:01 PM
    So having aesthetic concerns makes me less smart?

I would pay 50 dollars more for something that looks better imo.

If BlackBerry could have done the charging status better that would be enough for me.

Again my opinion. I respect all the others.
    08-25-16 01:54 PM

Will you buy this pkb device or you are going for stick with your classic?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-25-16 02:16 PM

The thing about the so-called curved screens of BB is that they are not really. The top glass is curved but the display itself is still flat. I actually like this better because I would hate for it to actually distort the image like with the Samsung Edge series, but it then becomes an issue of why is it there? Do you think people will see it and go "oh look, there's curved glass over the screen, cool!" I don't think so...

08-25-16 03:30 PM
    Will you buy this pkb device or you are going for stick with your classic?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    It depends on a lot of things...

If they keep it ambiguous whether they might or might not make more BB10 devices, I'll wait until the end of 2017 before I switch to anything else. Or if they fix all of the things that annoy me about Android and add the smoothness of the interface of BB10 onto their Android devices with their loader, then I have more reason to switch, but still might hold on to the Classic and switch much later because I really enjoy the toolbelt and how it allows me to do most things on my phone without needing to switch back and forth between the keyboard and the screen...

08-25-16 03:34 PM
    I NEED a physical keyboard.
    Latest specs, well, don't need it for my purpose.
    That said, I would purchase the BlackBerry Mercury in a heart beat IF I would find someone willing to buy my Peiv second hand for a price that doesn't hurt me that much.
    Resale value will be down the drain as it is, since pretty much nobody is interested in the brand any longer.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...asing-1047224/

I paid EUR 690 for the Priv. I will probably get no more than EUR 200-250 for it. IF I find someone willing to pay EUR 500-550 for it, I'll get the Mercury.

1. I'm a heavy PKB user so I like that I can immediately type and that I don't get confronted with the screen clicking any longer in the left bottom corner. I can deal with the clicking now, but I rather would not have to settle with a wobbly screen.
    2. The silver finishing looks great. Although, I prefer all black.
    3. Possibly they "fixed" a couple of thinks that the Priv deals with?? e.g. lack of convenience key (which already has been restored on the DTEK50), maybe some venting holes (The Priv often shuts all processes while I'm on the road trying to get from a to b using Google maps?!).
    4.No matter what anybody says, selfies are part of life nowadays. My nephews and nieces always want to take selfies with me and when I'm out at parties people always ask for them for fun. With the Priv I never use the selfie cam since it's really bad (especially in lower light/indoor situations), and I guess I'm the "weird" uncle or weird oldschool dude who still turn his modern (!) smarth phone to take a selfie with the back cam and then needs to make sure that everyone is one it. I rather not. So, I have the feeling that the 8mp selfie cam of the Mercury would be something to look after in that respect.

5. Hopefully, they add a front flash like some other modern smart phones already have.

6. Let's also hope the Mercury is not top heavy like the Priv is and hopefully it's a quite a bunch less heavy too all together: Priv being a whopping 192 grams. And traditional hard toolbelt buttons. Let's also hope the Screen is not curved! I still use my phone as a work tool. Meaning, using it for Docs togo mostly. The curved screen isn't of big help when trying to get the cursor (selection mode) all the way to the sides, since the normal BB selection mode via PKB doesn't work in/with/under (which/what is it grammatically speaking?) Docs togo. I don't give a rat's a$$ if it looks cool. If I want to be cool, I'd purchase an iPhone.

Personally I wish The Mercury/Priv would be less tall (and would also have a traditional touchpad (with light!! which BB failed to add with the Classic) as icing on the cake). I like the smaller form factor of the old days or something less candybar-like. I grew-up with the phone trend of going smaller and smaller (Motorola Star-TEC and all the Blackberries), never was a fan of the bigger bigger trend. I rather have better pocketability and thus smaller screen. I understand that we'll prolly not go back to classic/bold formfactor, but I had no problem whatsoever to comfy watch long videos in 4:3 format.

But all is dependent of the resale value of my Priv AND if the Mercury has a Memory card slot (which I find important to have).

Hopefully they'll release before Christmas. I really hope so.
    katxeus and bberrist like this.
    08-25-16 04:15 PM
    I sure hope it comes soon!
    08-25-16 05:02 PM
    Am I the only one excited for an android version of a passport?
    Or a similar device with square corners?

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and Understandable like this.
    08-26-16 12:30 AM
    WT44 we got the short list of your preferences, now can you elaborate on each item a bit?
    Jk aside, agreed to most of your ideas
    08-26-16 03:37 AM
    It depends on a lot of things...

If they keep it ambiguous whether they might or might not make more BB10 devices, I'll wait until the end of 2017 before I switch to anything else. Or if they fix all of the things that annoy me about Android and add the smoothness of the interface of BB10 onto their Android devices with their loader, then I have more reason to switch, but still might hold on to the Classic and switch much later because I really enjoy the toolbelt and how it allows me to do most things on my phone without needing to switch back and forth between the keyboard and the screen...

Unfortunately it's only a matter of time before you will be sorta forced to shift from your classic. BlackBerry is never going to bring back the toolbelt for whatever stupid reason. And might not release a BB10 handset ever either because with android N, the security will be on par with BB10 so there will be a even smaller market from now for BB10 phones. Which will again not to be a good business move.
    It's going to be sad not being able to buy a phone with a toolbelt.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-26-16 03:59 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c58549bb50.jpg
    THat render looks pretty good, I def buy that. If they keep improving the HUB, notifications, the side bar utility and BBM on Android, then I might just as well leave my passport for this one, more pocketable
    08-26-16 04:40 AM
1,190 ... 45678 ...