Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ringtone Format

I have downloaded a couple of ringtones from this site before, and have recently downloaded a couple but they are not showing up on my phone or not being recognized by my phone. Can someone enlighten me on what I may be doing wrong?
    CrackBerry Abuser

What is the file ext??? .
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It's showing as a MP3 format. I've tried to change it to a REM like the others, but it didn't work.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Are you trying to find them in the ringtone menu? If this is the case, it could be that you've just downloaded them into a different folder instead of the ringtone folder and that's why your phone can't find them.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Question

Had them downloaded to the folder where all the others are on my phone.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2ABDDDEA

I believe all you have to do is make a new file on your micro sd card entitled "ringtones" then put all of your ringtones in this folder. Once you re-insert the micro sd card back into the phone it will automatically add those files to your ringtones .... but I believe you have to click on your media icon, once inside you'll see more icons entitled: music, videos, pictures, video camera, voice notes recorder & finally ringtones. Click on the ringtones icon, then there should be two options: all ringtones, and my ringtones. Select my ringtones, and you should see what you just loaded on your micro sd card. Hope this helps, have a nice day.
    BBRY started from the bottom now we here.......but we still on a mission to the next level. My Z10 keeps me updated on every step we make, #BlackBerryNation once again stepping over the followers in order to set the trend.