Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to set ringtones for text messaging

Hi there. I just downloaded some ringtones for my VZW blackberry 8830 and I have them set as ringtones for incoming phone calls.

My question is how do I set these ringtones for incoming texts? THanks in advance and what a great website!
    CrackBerry User

On my 8800:
    Profiles> Advanced...> Normal> Click Menu Button> Edit> SMS Text

And change your settings to your likings.
    Be sure the file is in the media/ringtones folder.

Goodluck and Welcome!
    woah.. where am i..
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,117 Global Posts

You can't set the individually for separate contacts on the 8830 unless you create a profile for each contact. To set one tone for all your SMS however goto Profiles > Advanced > edit the selected profile and scroll down to SMS Text

(teranceh and his sweet avatar beat me to it - but yea thats how ya do it)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

thanks guys...appreciate it. Im thinking about getting rid of my blackberry since I do not use the email function much, i use less than 450min/mo. and the only time i use the internet is when I am taking a dump, I am grossly overpaying on my monthly phone bill. this is mainly why I am thinking of dumping my BB in lieu of these 2 phones. What are your thoughts on this?

Samsung SCH-i760

or

LG Voyager™
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    PIN
    infarina

Quote Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
    thanks guys...appreciate it. Im thinking about getting rid of my blackberry since I do not use the email function much, i use less than 450min/mo. and the only time i use the internet is when I am taking a dump, I am grossly overpaying on my monthly phone bill. this is mainly why I am thinking of dumping my BB in lieu of these 2 phones. What are your thoughts on this?

Samsung SCH-i760

or

LG Voyager

The LG Voyager is pretty expensive if you think you're paying quite a bit... you'd be tempted to get internet access, too. I say buy the Samsung.

For future reference, I think I speak for most people here when I say that you should save those toilet stories for close friends and loved ones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

sorry, im not much of a politician and tell it like it is and thought some people might find it funny but didnt think it would offend anyone.

thanks for your comments.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    PIN
    infarina

I wasn't offended... part of the joke was that you should share it with your "loved ones." But I guess that includes everyone in the forums, right? Haha.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for all the help can someone tell me why when I download ringtones from crackberry I can't see them in my media center. I can only see them when I go to set a ring tone for a person in my contact list. I have a blackberry curve 8330 and running verizon version 4.5
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok SO i have followed these steps and it says its changed but when I get a text its the orig. setting tht it came with help please!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can someone PLEASE explain how to do this on the 9700 bold! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by tealatequila24; 06-15-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

Madtown, are you saving them to the media card or device memory? Mine all show up in my media card under ringtones. Kayla, are you editing the profile your phone is set to and not another?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com