Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    you probably aren't going to get it
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I seperate e-mail ring tone from phone ring tone?

I assigned a specific ring tone to my wife (click here for gratuitous link to song in question ). The other day the phone is on the charger, but I'm carrying my BT headset, I hear the song start to play from the other room, and tap my headset to no avail. When i get into the room with the phone I discover that the e-mail ring tone for my wife has also been set to the same song. I didn't intentionally do this, I"m guessing it is some sort of artifact from upgrading from my Pearl Flip (no trashing of the Flip allowed, If that phone ran a relative recent version of the BBOS I'd stipp be using it). Anyway does anyone know how to separate E-mail ring tone from phone? I looked at the contact settings but nothing obvious stuck out.
    Why was God able to create the world in 7 days? He didn't have an installed base!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts

When you edit a contact, scroll down and you should see Custom Ring Tones/Alerts. Here you can choose separate tones for phone and email.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28C663AB

you probably made the alert to everything she has you can changed each thing like sms/call/email tones to be different . under contact custom tones then to change the email one go to settings and then look for ringtones and u can change the emails there =)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can you separate email tones and text message tones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    PIN
    its hexadecimal ...

Quote Originally Posted by geocd View Post
    Can you separate email tones and text message tones?

Yes you can just about customize any tone for most of the things on a blackberry.

Go to : Options > Sounds & Ring Tones > Sounds for Selected Profile

Here, you'll see Under Messages
    * Email
    * Level 1
    * PIN
    * Text Messages

Select each one of them and assign a tone you deem fit. Then press the escape button (on the right side of trackpad) and SAVE.

And similarly, you can also do the same for different BBM items, Calendar, Tasks, etc.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,758 Global Posts

Kinda off-topic, but what's Level 1?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com