Hi,

Keep getting this notification on Y mail.
    ""Your login information for (RIM.SMTP.MAIL.YAHOO.COM) SMTP server has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.""

I have never had this issue on my BlackBerry 9900. Every time I reset the mail settings, I loose my previous mails.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:15 PM
    When this pops up, go to settings, accounts, yahoo, enter your password in box for "update password" and hit "save"
    (make sure you are signed in on your computer also as Yahoo has decided to sign you out on it every 2 weeks...dumb huh?)
    Hi,

Keep getting this notification on Y mail.
    ""Your login information for (RIM.SMTP.MAIL.YAHOO.COM) SMTP server has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings.""

I have never had this issue on my BlackBerry 9900. Every time I reset the mail settings, I loose my previous mails.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:40 PM
    Read the BlackBerry knowledge base article referenced below.

Article Number: KB13799
    Article Title: Unable to integrate a Yahoo! Mail account on the BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    Article Link: KB13799-Unable to integrate a Yahoo! Mail account on the BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    12-22-13 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the early response.

I got my BlackBerry Q5 on Dec 01 /13.

I have given/updated my password atleast 5 times that I remember, the last being 12th Dec. And today is 22 Dec.

I'm sure it is not the 15 day log out thing mentioned in your mail.

And this never used to happen with my BlackBerry 9900. I m going to keep saying that so somebody in BlackBerry hear me. Hello BlackBerry!!! Anybody Home?????

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:18 PM
    Here is my Yahoo email settings.
    YAHOO MAIL PROBLEM. Please Help!!-img_00000113.png

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:20 PM
    That happens to me at least twice a month on my Q10. Not sure why but I just update my password and it goes back to normal. Yahoo! mail is a screwy thing and has always given me some kind of problem.
    12-22-13 05:21 PM
    May I suggest side loading the Yahoo mail app. You still get notifications in the hub and it never loses the password. I have both Yahoo account and the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 05:24 PM
    Here is my Yahoo email settings.
    Server address imap.mail.yahoo.com works well for me. I used to use rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com until I started having sporadic disconnection issues.
    igotberryfever likes this.
    12-22-13 05:34 PM
    I found this Yahoo Help Youtube video that showed me how to get a mobile device specific password, which is a one time password (OTP) that you have to generate from a computer and enter it as a password in your mobile device. The password is a one time password and you don't have to remember it.

I have just entered the OTP generated by my computer into my device Q5, and the server accepted the same. I got some test mails Sent to this Yahoo mail I'd from a couple of dirrerent G mail id's and it worked fine. Will update on future issues if any.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 11:05 PM
    The password is a one time password and you don't have to remember it.
    In my experience, a OTP is valid for only one login. That is, once you logout, you will not be able to use it to login again
    12-22-13 11:45 PM
    Yahoo also has a system wide problem, if you are having problems log into Yahoo on the internet and change your yahoo password. Of course you'll then need to update the password on your BB.
    12-23-13 03:55 AM
    Take the "rim." out, I had this problem months ago, been working fine since I took it out

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Z10
    12-23-13 03:57 AM
    Please also email Yahoo's customer care dept. I have been emailing back / forth with them. They have given me suggestions that don't resolve the issue. But at the end they admit that I'm not the only person bringing up this issue to them and they are working on a solution. So please also log your issue with them.

In parallel, I have been talking to BB's customer support also. They, too, are working on seeing what the root cause is.
    01-11-14 01:11 AM
    Not sure what OS version you are using but the latest leaked OS versions seem to have helped with this problem.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 01:36 AM
    Using 10.2.0.424. Man, why is it that BB can't come up with official OS releases timely and rely on their customers to do the leaks to fix issues.
    01-11-14 01:49 AM
    Using 10.2.0.424. Man, why is it that BB can't come up with official OS releases timely and rely on their customers to do the leaks to fix issues.
    Carriers.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 11:39 PM
    I have a similar issue despite the leak. Everyday at 1100 AM, 3 notifications pop up for re-entry of PW in Whatsapp and Google Talk (2 for whatsapp and 1 Google Talk) and these are not even integrated in the account set-up!

The other day when I rebooted my device, the notification for the Yahoo! Mail showed up (password required) but disappeared after a while (don't know when as I ignored it).

The whatsapp and Google talk notification is annoying but doesn't bother me...

Posted via my beautiful, red Q5 (10.2.1.1925)
    01-13-14 11:46 PM
    For me, it's not just my yahoo account though it is frequent with yahoo. Right now my Comcast account is doing the same thing and I have had issues with my Gmail. Never has issues with any on my torch Bbos.

Some disagree with me but this is a bb10 issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 11:52 PM
    Yes, it is a BB10 issue. Amusing, really.

01-13-14 11:57 PM
    YAHOO MAIL PROBLEM. Please Help!!-img_20140114_152922.png

This is the issue I am facing :/

01-14-14 04:32 AM
    I found this Yahoo Help Youtube video that showed me how to get a mobile device specific password, which is a one time password (OTP) that you have to generate from a computer and enter it as a password in your mobile device. The password is a one time password and you don't have to remember it.

I have just entered the OTP generated by my computer into my device Q5, and the server accepted the same. I got some test mails Sent to this Yahoo mail I'd from a couple of dirrerent G mail id's and it worked fine. Will update on future issues if any.

Posted via CB10
    It's been a little over 3 weeks, since I entered the one time password and I have had no problem with yahoo mail on my BBQ5.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:58 AM
    hi,

As you asked, your yahoo account login information is showing SMTP server is changed or incorrect.
    may be device which you are using to log-in yahoo account it is not compatible with yahoo function.

Do one thing try to do login with another device and before this first you reset your account recovery and all setting, sometime it happens when your account is logged in many device.
    Make sure you are not log-in more then one device.

know more:
    11-28-16 03:23 AM