She recently got the "friendly reminder" via the app that come December 31 it will stop working.

She's a loyal PKB user, but seing that there are no real successors to the Q5/Q10, she's considering an iPhone 6S. Her work already provides an iPhone 6, but the Q5 is her beloved daily driver. (She doesn't like the Priv slider.)

I had some hope that BB would ship a non-slider PKB Android phone soon, but that doesn't seem to be happening, at least before year end.

Sorry this message is just a "what could have been" rant, but I am really sad that there's no alternative to what she considers "the best, dependable phone she's ever had".

PS: I moved to a 6S Plus, but stil carry my trusty Z10 as a work line/backup. While it still boots.
    08-28-16 07:43 AM
    Some rumors have the physical keyboard android device coming in October. I know they are just rumors but she can hang on till the end of the year while whatsapp still works and hopefully it comes by then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 08:18 AM
    My parents also ditched bb10 because of that message. Went to android.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:25 AM
    Maybe this will help her friends change their minds to switch to BBM. The reason being that WhatsApp will start to share her information with Facebook, she has an option to opt out of this. However, even though she opt out of allowing WhatsApp to share her information with Facebook, they will still share some of her information with Facebook.

WhatsApp sentenced my wife's Q5 to death-hindustani-times.jpgWhatsApp sentenced my wife's Q5 to death-screenshot_20160827-165305.jpg
    08-28-16 08:41 AM
    She can still run the android whatsapp when support for BB10 ends. It works great. There's even a utility developed that fixes the media sharing bug built specifically for BB10.

There's no need to jump ship yet. There's a PKB android BlackBerry coming early next year. Just hang on and wait for that.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:35 AM
    She can still run the android whatsapp when support for BB10 ends. It works great. There's even a utility developed that fixes the media sharing bug built specifically for BB10.

There's no need to jump ship yet. There's a PKB android BlackBerry coming early next year. Just hang on and wait for that.

Posted via CB10
    I think the developer already abandoned WAA Fixer...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-zone-1083352/

*A3-A20
    08-28-16 10:57 AM
    He did, but it still works and the BAR file is out there.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 11:22 AM
    Either the new about data mining will prop up the next messenger service (BBM?) or it's gonna throd along as nothing has happened...

It's quite sad...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    08-28-16 11:56 AM
    Either the new about data mining will prop up the next messenger service (BBM?) or it's gonna throd along as nothing has happened...

It's quite sad...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    Short of whatsapp some how starting to empty all their bank accounts, people won't care.

08-28-16 02:58 PM
    Short of whatsapp some how starting to empty all their bank accounts, people won't care.

Nothing to hide, nothing fear! Blehahahaha hee-haw hee-haw hee-haw
    Free free free. I'll easily give up my freedoms for convenience and free stuff! Hee-haw

Ehh... That's sarcasm obviously. I don't use whats**** or ****book or Google.
    09-03-16 09:16 AM