Well,

I sent my phone into Flextronics, here in Ontario, Canada , C/O Virgin Mobile Canada about 7 weeks ago now. No one knows what is going on. They keep saying there is no stock in their warehouse at Virgin. They told me today "hopefully it'll be soon...we're waiting for RIM....."

I have an email that explains to me the phone would be returned to me after 5 to 7 days. What is going on Virgin? I sent my phone in to get one piece of black dust removed from under the flash lens, and under the screen.

Now the repair center tells Virgin that the speaker "is on back order" for my Q5. What the hell? That speaker worked excellent, along with the rest of the phone, when it was sent in. Sounds to me as if someone broke something, like say, a speaker, when they took it apart, and doesn't want to admit it. Great going Flextronics. I researched your business online. Everyone who wrote about you said that they couldn't get a hold of you,and some even said it took them two months before they got back their phones. Wow.

I also like when Virgin Mobile says they're going to send the repair center an email request, to find out what going on. When Flextronics was confronted over the phone about this, they said "we haven't received any of Virgin's emails." And vice versa from Virgin.

But get this.....the two still say they communicate with each other. Yah...ok...sure.....

No one gives a *hit. Wait and wait. Seven damn weeks.....

Will I ever get my phone back this year?????

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:55 PM
    One would think that they could get another black Q5 from somewhere else to give the person who is waiting seven weeks, their damn phone!

Hell, if they want me as a customer any longer, I deserve a Z30 for all this *hit!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:59 PM
    I would appreciate some form of compensation.....anyone think this is fair to do to a consumer like this? Send him an email stating five to seven days for repair and return, then lead him on for seven weeks????

Posted via my Z10, cause Virgin Mobile and Flextronics are screwing me over.
    11-08-13 03:01 PM
    I had the exact same thing also with Virgin Mobile. After nearly 4 months and 6 calls in I said "I'm sorry, but I can't leave the phone with the promise of someone calling me back. You need to give me a resolution of some sort today. "

They put me in contact with a very good rep who sent me a new (not the damaged one I sent in) Z10 and she zeroed that months phone bill.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:53 PM
    Did you buy that phone outright? If so and you bought it with a credit card I'd be calling them up and trying to get rid of the charge and buy a new phone.

It's seems a little extreme but waiting over two weeks is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:30 PM
    It was a second hand, three month old mint condition Q5, which I bought from a local. It was never used or even shown up as being activated in Virgin's system, so I had full warranty remaining. I called Virgin, explained to them what was up with it, sent it in, and there was no problems of any kind. They weren't reluctant to fix it whatsoever. Their excuse, as well as Flextronics, is that they "are waiting for RIM " to send them stock to the Virgin warehouse.

Give me a damn break!

You can't sit here and tell me that there are zero Black Q5's in all of Canada, in any Virgin warehouses. Pure B.S.

I am reporting them to the BBB in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:37 PM
    Well I'm sorry to hear that. I've had to send my Z10 in twice, I'm with Telus. Both times I was given a z10 as a loaner and received my phone back within a week or so.

And this isn't just some bs story because I have Telus shares haha.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 09:46 PM
    It was a second hand, three month old mint condition Q5, which I bought from a local. It was never used or even shown up as being activated in Virgin's system, so I had full warranty remaining. I called Virgin, explained to them what was up with it, sent it in, and there was no problems of any kind. They weren't reluctant to fix it whatsoever. Their excuse, as well as Flextronics, is that they "are waiting for RIM " to send them stock to the Virgin warehouse.

Give me a damn break!

You can't sit here and tell me that there are zero Black Q5's in all of Canada, in any Virgin warehouses. Pure B.S.

I am reporting them to the BBB in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    The BBB will do **** so don't waste your time. Your better off taking to Twitter or FB and just sending the same message everyday until it's addressed.

It's nice to pay a bit less on your bill by going with subsidiary but when you have an issue that requires assistance, sometimes it pays to be with the big 3.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    11-08-13 09:51 PM
    Holy crap my friend. I was/am about to be back in that same boat.

Virgin Mobile and Flextronics have made my life a bloody chaotic, expensive mess.

First phone, I bought on a 3 year contract in February at one of those Virgin Mobile kiosks in the mall, you know, the ones where the Carnies work at?

All was well. Paid out the not-very"Supertab" that I had my iPhone 4 on. They added the payout cost to my next bill, swapped the phone into my account and away I went.

Phone is perfect. Hooked up all of my accounts, started saving my work things using the outlook activesync, etc. Loved it. Perfect. Put up with ridicule from idiots over my choice of phone. Showed them how my life was better than theirs because of it, convinced a few people. I never had a single issue.

Then, the phone powered itself off and never started again. No sideloads, no leaks, no drops, no water, no reason at all.

Ah well, no biggie. I pay the extra money for insurance through Virgin. Besides, it's under warranty.

So, I call the company and start a file. Meanwhile, I have no phone. Well, I had my old 9780... I never realized how slow it was until I had to use it again.

Virgin says they'll ship me out a loaner phone within 5-7 days. They reassure me it will be a new BlackBerry.

Twenty two days later, it arrives. At an address I left three years ago. So, my sister mails it to me. I get the parcel and no... it's a 9900.

So, no LTE, no HDMI, incompatible SIM card, different operating system, totally incapable of restoring from a Z10 backup... Wtf. I'm paying top dollar for a premium CURRENT smartphone. And I got one. From 2010.

Whatever. I send my bricked phone to fair fax in the envelope they sent me. And I waited. Two and a half months. Then finally, (After triple checking my shipping address) the phone arrives.

At the wrong address.

Again.

Turns out, the mall carnie DIDN'T clear my old supertab and add a new phone. She started a new account. With a misspelled email address.

And a new account number. So, when I paid my bill online, I was paying the wrong bill. FML.

Oh and they also didn't send me an envelope to put Iver the box the panel phone came in, to return it to them. So, that's MORE money I'm spending.

Little bit choked with them.

Oh... and after having the brand new phone for three weeks... the headphone jack is deciding to get all !$#?ed up and behave weird, rendering it useless.

I just... REALLY want this phone to work. the software is fine. I love it. Just... the hardware man... and the shi#$y service from the phone companies here...

Swear to god, if this crap doesn't start getting better, I'm going back to an old Motorola razor I have kicking around.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:29 AM
    I might also try going the new, public social media way. If you're on Facebook and Twitter, start tweeting about your road so far and make sure to include the hashtags for Virgin Mobile. On Facebook, start posting on their account page explaining what's going on. Happens just a few days ago, when Twitter went public on the stock exchange, I read a decent article on the BBC about comapnies and social media handling. Just like contacting the press with ones issues, doing the same thing right on those social networks can create a huge reputation blast for a company. Yet it also offers them the chance to get off with a good rep, because they finally handled the issue for their customer.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    11-10-13 03:04 AM
    If they are waiting for rim, it can be a loooong wait. Maybe they should ask bbry? sorry, had to say it.

Still sucks for you though
    11-10-13 03:10 AM