I updated through Link since I couldn't do it on the phone. Geniuses at Rim should allow to send the upgrade file to a media card and update from there. Apple would never do this, ever. Anyways I upgraded and lost everything, again Apple would never do this. Got everything back after hours of work but before I did it, I sideloaded an older BBM since I was sick of sticker notifications. Now the phone is constantly telling me I have an update. Is the older BBM why? Also can I remove notifications for software updates? I turned off the auto update.
    04-15-15 11:44 AM
    Actually geniuses here have already figured out how to update without losing everything. if you did your update with Link, you should have made a backup first and then restored. you would have saved hours of work.

Hard to tell what update it is trying to do as you haven't told us which update you loaded.

No you can't turn off software updates. Only for the OS updates. Turn it off in settings.

And excuse me for disagreeing, but Apple does this all the time. My ipad can only be updated over the air. So what's the issue? That you lost your data and settings because you didn't do a backup. Hardly BLackBerry's fault.
    04-15-15 12:30 PM
    Actually geniuses here have already figured out how to update without losing everything. if you did your update with Link, you should have made a backup first and then restored. you would have saved hours of work.

Hard to tell what update it is trying to do as you haven't told us which update you loaded.

No you can't turn off software updates. Only for the OS updates. Turn it off in settings.

And excuse me for disagreeing, but Apple does this all the time. My ipad can only be updated over the air. So what's the issue? That you lost your data and settings because you didn't do a backup. Hardly BLackBerry's fault.
    I didn't see anywhere on Blackberry's webpage saying to backup first. What kind of company wipes a phone during an update? It's my work phone that was company issued. So I don't have it by choice. It wants to update to 10.3.1.1779 28mb which is the os I'm on. So I'm assuming that it doesn't like my bbm and wants to update it now.

On a side note. It wiped my enterprise info and my company had to re-install it. So I upgraded a co-workers but backed it up before the update. Didn't matter. He lost his enterprise information as well. Pretty sad that my company that has probably 100 of these phones is going to have to re-install enterprise on all these phones.

As for Apple, at least it backups up automatically before a large update is sent down and don't wipe the phone clean. Blackberry needs to think things through before they do it.
    04-15-15 12:43 PM
    ... It wants to update to 10.3.1.1779 28mb which is the os I'm on. So I'm assuming that it doesn't like my bbm and wants to update it now.
    You won't get BBM updates through Link. Link updates the core OS. It's likely carrier bloat ware or carrier app trying to update.
    BBM update will come through BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    dcapper likes this.
    04-15-15 01:12 PM
    You won't get BBM updates through Link. Link updates the core OS. It's likely carrier bloat ware or carrier app trying to update.
    BBM update will come through BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    There's the answer I was looking for. I thank you very much!
    04-15-15 01:55 PM
    Just so everyone knows, the update notification was coming every few minutes. It drove me nuts. I finally broke down and updated it. Well it was the older bbm file that it updated. Since our company turned off my development mode, I can't downgrade it. Thank you BlackBerry. NOT! Good news is I complained to my boss and I'm getting a Galaxy. This will be the last BlackBerry I will ever have.
    04-15-15 05:26 PM