Has there been any word on the specs for this device

Posted via Z10 NEWCASTLE 24E33C29
    05-14-13 10:04 AM
    Has there been any word on the specs for this device

Posted via Z10 NEWCASTLE 24E33C29
    Not so far. I'm guessing it's similar to PlayBook WiFi.
    05-14-13 10:06 AM
    I don't see the internals taking a big hit here, maybe a 1.2GHz dual core instead of 1.5GHz but the 2GB RAM will definetely stay
    2 Phonez likes this.
    05-14-13 10:11 AM
    I don't see the internals taking a big hit here, maybe a 1.2GHz dual core instead of 1.5GHz but the 2GB RAM will definetely stay
    I second that. Maybe a slower CPU, which shouldn't be a big deal anyways, but I doubt they'll cut the RAM. I am more curious about the display: Will Blackberry use the same AMOLED unit they're using for the Q10 or will they go for a 3.1" LCD display?
    05-14-13 10:33 AM
    I second that. Maybe a slower CPU, which shouldn't be a big deal anyways, but I doubt they'll cut the RAM. I am more curious about the display: Will Blackberry use the same AMOLED unit they're using for the Q10 or will they go for a 3.1" LCD display?
    LCD for cost saving
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    05-14-13 10:34 AM
    If the price point is right (under $200.00us off contract) it could be a big hit in unintended markets like North America.
    05-14-13 11:34 AM
    If the price point is right (under $200.00us off contract) it could be a big hit in unintended markets like North America.
    Hands-on with the BlackBerry Q5 | CrackBerry.com

The entry-level BlackBerry Q5 made a big splash at BlackBerry Live 2013, and they were showing them off in a wide range of colors. The red model is taking front and center, of course, but there's also white, black, and pink versions ready to go.

So, what do you lose from the Q10 in order to slash the pricetag? No HDMI out, non-removable battery, a drop down to 5 megapixel camera from 8, 8 GB of storage instead of 16, and LCD rather than AMOLED display. We haven't heard much about processor speed, but in my cursory fiddling with it, I had a hard time spotting any lags. The overall feel of the device is very smooth and slick - fairly plasticky compared to the Q10, but the rear curve was very comfortable for typing. As for the new keyboard style, I adopted to it relatively quickly. The keys definitely sit lower here than on the Q10, but that's hardly a bad thing.

It sounds like the Q5 is hitting emerging markets before North America, which is entirely sensible, though it's hard not to be jealous of such a wide array of colors. I wouldn't mind being able to pick up a red Q10 at some point... So, what do you guys think? Will this cement BlackBerry's presence in places like Indonesia and India where cost is a deciding factor for handsets?
    05-14-13 11:57 AM
    Yes, will be a big hit in Asian countries like India and Indonesia . These markets
    like colors. Low price point appeals for these markets where the phone is not subsidized by the carrier. And these are the markets which give the volumes and have kept BlackBerry alive to fight another day. So it's good for BlackBerry to give due recognition to these markets by making them the global launch markets.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 01:31 PM