Hi guys and gals,
    I thought I would check in and give you guys an update to my earlier thread.

I just received my Amzer Hybrid (dual tone) Skin Case and it is PERFECT!

Not only does it provide great protection without adding bulk, but the sides of the case are aggressively textured to provide all the grip you could ever want. The black case looks amazing on the white Q5 because it covers the bezels of the screen.

The bezel is also thick enough that you can lay the phone flat on the table screen side down for advanced interactions.

Best of all, there is a substantial cut-out around both sides of the keyboard so it does not interfere with your use of the keyboard.

In addition, the case covers the rattly SIM cover door and volume buttons. It also makes the volume buttons slightly less sensitive, which is absolutely a good thing.

The icing on the cake? The case is only $6.95 on Amazon and ships on Prime.

I am thrilled with it...long live the Q5!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SaddleSC; 08-28-15 at 02:39 PM.
    08-28-15 02:07 PM
    Hahaha Q5? Ain't nobody using that brah.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:21 PM
    I forgot to attach the pic!
    Solving the Case of the Slippery Q5-bbq5cbweb.jpg

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam and awindsr like this.
    08-28-15 02:22 PM
    Not sure why you are reading posts in the Q5 sub-forum then, but in my particular case, I own a Passport SE, a Classic and the Q5 and I use the Q5 the most...I love the lightweight and prefer the Curve style keyboard.

It is funny that my preferences are exactly opposite to the cost. The Classic is my second favorite and the Passport SE gets the least pocket time

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:25 PM
    I'm glad you like this case. It's my absolute favorite. And I totally agree that the black case on the white Q5 is a great look. It's what I'm using right now.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 05:39 PM
    I'm glad you like this case. It's my absolute favorite. And I totally agree that the black case on the white Q5 is a great look. It's what I'm using right now.
    My wife called it the "Storm Trooper" when she saw it for the first time this evening The case is perfect and provides so much grip on the sides...just awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:25 PM
    Hi guys and gals,
    I thought I would check in and give you guys an update to my earlier thread.

I just received my Amzer Hybrid (dual tone) Skin Case and it is PERFECT!

Not only does it provide great protection without adding bulk, but the sides of the case are aggressively textured to provide all the grip you could ever want. The black case looks amazing on the white Q5 because it covers the bezels of the screen.

The bezel is also thick enough that you can lay the phone flat on the table screen side down for advanced interactions.

Best of all, there is a substantial cut-out around both sides of the keyboard so it does not interfere with your use of the keyboard.

In addition, the case covers the rattly SIM cover door and volume buttons. It also makes the volume buttons slightly less sensitive, which is absolutely a good thing.

The icing on the cake? The case is only $6.95 on Amazon and ships on Prime.

I am thrilled with it...long live the Q5!

Posted via CB10
    Bought one today on your recommendation. It better be good! :P

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apparently you don't so get lost. Troll elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 08:37 AM
    Bought one today on your recommendation. It better be good! :P
    You will love it! Post to this thread with your thoughts when it arrives.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not a lot of q5's out there. But those that have them, have nothing but good things to say about it.

Bought one, liked it so much, bought 3 others.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr, lift and anon(5597702) like this.
    08-31-15 05:38 PM
    Not a lot of q5's out there. But those that have them, have nothing but good things to say about it.

Bought one, liked it so much, bought 3 others.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I was a little crazy for buying 3. I like to have spares for pretty much everything. I think I am a little obsessive compulsive.
    08-31-15 09:43 PM
    I thought I was a little crazy for buying 3. I like to have spares for pretty much everything. I think I am a little obsessive compulsive.
    I bought one this past weekend for a friend of mine. $99. Life is good .

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:18 PM
    I bought one this past weekend for a friend of mine. $99. Life is good .

Posted via CB10
    At that price you should have bought one for yourself too. That's an unreal price for what you get.
    09-01-15 09:11 AM
    At that price you should have bought one for yourself too. That's an unreal price for what you get.
    I have one already.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 01:26 PM
    I have one already.

Posted via CB10
    Just one?
    09-01-15 02:28 PM
    Just one?
    Yeah I figured I wouldn't be a hog and buy 3

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-01-15 10:02 PM
    OK SaddleSC... I got the new Amzer case today and here are my first impressions:

VERY grippy on the sides. Like that very much.

Lightweight and adds almost no bulk to the phone. +1.

Like the contrast between the black case and the white phone. Can I say Stormtrooper? Lol.

Cons: no Kickstand. I have another Amzer case with a kickstand and I use it to watch the news during lunch breaks. Really like this feature. If this case had a kickstand it would be the perfect case.

Verdict: 2 thumbs up!!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:01 PM
    OK SaddleSC... I got the new Amzer case today and here are my first impressions:

VERY grippy on the sides. Like that very much.

Lightweight and adds almost no bulk to the phone. +1.

Like the contrast between the black case and the white phone. Can I say Stormtrooper? Lol.

Cons: no Kickstand. I have another Amzer case with a kickstand and I use it to watch the news during lunch breaks. Really like this feature. If this case had a kickstand it would be the perfect case.

Verdict: 2 thumbs up!!

Posted via CB10
    Very cool! I am glad to hear my recommendation was sound! It is really a great case...in fact, for $6 on Amazon...I ordered a couple more

The Q5 is such a hidden gem in the BlackBerry lineup...I plan to use one for a long time!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-14-15 10:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're missing out. For a "low end" it's a hell of a device.

Posted via CB10
    lift and anon(5597702) like this.
    09-18-15 11:36 PM
    I have that case on my q5. Black on black and looking good! The grip is incredible, and makes typing easy with the lowered keyboard edges.

Typed effortlessly on my Q5
    09-22-15 04:02 PM
    C'mon fellas Amzer is the best and Q5 is a dead phone anyway these days..

Posted via Porsche Design P'9982
    10-15-15 04:51 AM
    Q5 alive and well here! Thing I don't like about it is it finds me leaving my Passport, Z30, P'9982, Z10 at home which I'm alternating use with WiFi. Got a couple oem soft shells which are okay. I like the overall size, feel, and form factor with these cases

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 07:15 PM