I just bumped into a friend/client sporting a brand new Q5 that he just purchased at Rogers in bowmanville Ontario. He told me that the salesperson tried to talk him out of buying it. He had an older curve and upgraded. He looked very awkward using it as he had it less than a day! I showed him the swiping necessary to get in and out but he really enjoyed the BBM Video (I have a Q10). I asked him for his pin and he had the biggest smile on his face when bbm video connected. He immediately showed his wife and she broke out smiling as well! I will ask him for the salesperson's name and go in to see him/her and have some fun. Its too bad that I am his only contact as he has called me thru bbm 10 times now and we left the store where we met 2 hours ago. I finally told him I was busy. Which I was

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    10-11-13 10:44 PM
    Perhaps you can direct him to one of the many share your PIN threads
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    10-11-13 10:56 PM
    BlackBerry needs to change the way of marketing it's products. BlackBerry cannot count on to carriers any further.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:02 PM
    BlackBerry needs to change the way of marketing it's products. BlackBerry cannot count on to carriers any further.

Posted via CB10
    You're preaching to the choir my friend
    10-11-13 11:06 PM
    he's right, BB can't count with the carriers,
    there's no one store I walk in and the staff to
    sell me something else besides BB
    10-11-13 11:12 PM
    I went into a Bell store today and asked the salesman if they had any Q5s, he laugh and said they don't sell many Blackberries anymore. I assured him I was serious and he went and got one. I later asked him about the Z30 and he said they were selling them when they came out, but he wasn't sure of release date.
    10-11-13 11:14 PM
    Verizon isn't helping sales either! They need to train their employees to listen to the customers needs and wants and direct them to the best device for their needs and to keep their opinion out of it. I have a good friend that went to a Verizon store yesterday and asked to look at a Z10 because he doesn't care about apps he just wants the best mobile device for communicating and emailing. He said the sales guy he talked to literally laughed at him and said "no man you don't want that phone trust me.... you want a Samsung Galaxy". I mean wtf seriously!??! Know the products you sell and learn to qualify the customer so you can recommend whats best for them!

A similar thing happened to me when I was in the Verizon store last. I was checking out a Q10 and there was a middle aged couple in the store looking for a new phone. They said they wanted a phone that had a great physical keyboard that was easy to txt on and was simple to use. Sounds like a perfect candidate for a Q10! The sales guy then started going down the line of Android sliders one by one. The couple tried using each keyboard and didn't like any of them no matter how hard this ***** sales guy tried to sell it to them as "the best thing around". After they decided that they didn't like any of those phones the guy said "well if you don't like any of those the only other choice you have is to go with the Galaxy S4 which is a touchscreen." HAHA really??! The only other choice!?! I then spoke up and recommended they try out the Q10 because you can't get a better physical keyboard than on a BlackBerry. Just for sh!ts and giggles I let the sales guy stumble through trying to figure out how to work the phone just to make him sweat a little because he clearly had no idea what he was doing. I stepped in a couple minutes later and gave them the run down on how BB10 works, they fell in love, and walked out of the store with it smiling!

Carriers need to get their act together and focus on hiring sales professionals and not just any opinionated ***** who walked through the door with a job application!!

(I realize I am very opinionated as-well but, being a professional salesman myself, I understand how to appropriately qualify a customer and make a sale based on a customers needs and not my own personal opinions. BlackBerrys aren't for everybody but in these 2 particular situations they were.)
    10-11-13 11:38 PM
    I had this too I went in a local store to get my Q5 so I went in n asked have you got any Q5 and he tried to sell me an android so I said excuse me I don't want a android phone I've come for MY Q5 and he laffed so I said ok tell me about the android phone and started yawning so I said just go get me the Q5 so he went in and got it and said you really ain't going to like this phone yano but unfortunately for him his boss with someone else so I said who's the manager and he said me so I said you call this grate customer service? So he took over the sale and apologised and said I will be having word as we don't treat out customers in that kind of way I'm really sorry and I said you don't need to be sorry it's your staff and oh by the way not a good impression when it's my first time here and walked of with my Q5

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:56 AM
    I remember when the Playbook first came out they had a BlackBerry rep for a showing at BestBuy (in Kitchener/Waterloo no less!) and I had to show him how to take a screen shot!

Nowadays I can understand where the Rogers reps are coming from- they don't want to sell what they consider a dying brand (disclaimer: I'm only stating it I am not bashing BB). But geez- they still get commish! Upsell that ****! Especially someone who is obviously already a BlackBerry fan (ie your friend who was upgrading)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:09 AM
    I Work for Virgin and i am glad whenever a BBRY user arrives or when i get to activate new BB10 device. Unfortunately they aren't extremely popular and or Q10 devices got recalled to be sold at a different outlet.

Thanks!

Go Blackberry!
    10-12-13 07:11 PM
    Most of the people working at these stores/kiosks have no way of knowing what a professional really needs. Communication is more than LOLing at a stupid FB post.
    Dave Bourque and Deanig_12 like this.
    10-15-13 12:37 AM
    Considering the off-contract pricing of CAD349.99, the lowest cost of the Big Three, BlackBerry and Rogers are seriously on mind-altering narcotics or insane. I am waiting for the inevitable price drop on this smartphone before dropping a nickel. Since I bought a BlackBerry Z10 on a 2-year contract in February 2013 it will be cheaper to buy a BlackBerry Q5 off-contract and swap the microSIM card. I miss the physical keyboard but will keep the Z10 for playing games.
    10-16-13 07:49 PM
    hey here is a good deal I guess. q5 for $300 from koodo. https://shop.koodomobile.com/koodo-c...dKLBBQ5BK.html

I bet it will drop even more by the holidays this will help get it into peoples hands. price it at 200-250 or so. Should compete against the new nexus 5 pretty well.
    10-18-13 01:32 AM
    We have Blackberry shops in every shopping mall in Indonesia, and the assistants know just about everything there is to know about them
    10-18-13 01:45 AM