As I was used to legacy OS, I tried to find this feature. Glad it has arrived but as you said, I will take my time to upgrade. I read in another post on this section of the forum that the new update drains battery a lot. I am afraid of that as I use my phone for business

Posted via CB10
    Never rush ;-) But for what I am concerned on my Q10 I see the battery behaving better with the newest OS. Usually when you install a new one it will take a couple of days to settle but then it behave the right way ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:26 PM
    That's reassuring ! Thanks a lot ! I just found out that my carrier will most likely push the newest update later this month. It gives me time to fully experience 10.1. I want to have a mindblowing feeling when I update, lol!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:33 PM
    A lady at Orange even told me not to buy it because Blackberry was about to close their doors. She added that the browser was aweful and I would have to remove the battery very often.
    D
    You should have asked her to give you a demo on how to do a battery pull to your Q5... Just in case your need it

Sales people never stop to amaze me...

Posted via CB10
    deceptiver and redsaph like this.
    02-03-14 03:35 PM
    I have Q5.. no problems so far.. stable.. thin.. light.. nice qwerty.. snapy at apps.. good browsing..also speakers are cute.. after 10.2.1 update the Q5 is a blast..

Posted from Blackberry Q5 via CB10
    deceptiver likes this.
    02-03-14 03:44 PM
    You right! Unfortunately, I left BlackBerry last year because I had an iPhone at work and I didn't not follow all the BlackBerry news. I was not aware that the Q5 has no removable battery before unboxing it at home. If only I knew it when she told me that.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:53 PM
    You right! Unfortunately, I left BlackBerry last year because I had an iPhone at work and I didn't not follow all the BlackBerry news. I was not aware that the Q5 has no removable battery before unboxing it at home. If only I knew it when she told me that.

Posted via CB10
    Battery pulls are not necessary with BlackBerry OS 10. Forget the legacy mindset and wake-up to the present day reality. I have owned a BlackBerry Q5 for a few months. It had worked flawlessly with the exception of my professional email account being screwed after the latest update. It took almost 24 hours for the account to sort itself out. Probably the side-effect of too many interns on the development team after the spate of nearly 50% workforce reduction across the entire company.
    02-03-14 06:36 PM
    Don't. It's a bad phone, with a bad OS. You will be very happy with an Android or Iphone. I used the bb9900 for 3 years before moving to the Q5. And I am disappointed with the Q5 and the bb10 OS.

It's just a small touch phone with a keypad attached. Simple apps need to be paid for and most of the paid apps don't work as BlackBerry has so many versions of its OS. I have paid fopr an app that downloaded but now says it's not meant for my OS. So how and why did it download in the first place from the BlackBerry appworld???

There are a lot of other things to mention. It's easier if you can look at all my posts. The legacy devices were and are still better is all respects and more reliable with all their nibbling problems.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:14 PM
    Don't. It's a bad phone, with a bad OS. You will be very happy with an Android or Iphone. I used the bb9900 for 3 years before moving to the Q5. And I am disappointed with the Q5 and the bb10 OS.

Posted via CB10
    You are clearly a troubled-soul troll. Get back under the BlackBerry Bridge with the Sad Old Man. ;-)

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-03-14 09:24 PM
    Battery pulls are not necessary with BlackBerry OS 10. Forget the legacy mindset and wake-up to the present day reality. I have owned a BlackBerry Q5 for a few months. It had worked flawlessly with the exception of my professional email account being screwed after the latest update. It took almost 24 hours for the account to sort itself out. Probably the side-effect of too many interns on the development team after the spate of nearly 50% workforce reduction across the entire company.
    I got it! I am into the BBOS10 ship now. As I said before, this day and night compared with the legacy OS. I am super happy with this phone.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    02-04-14 02:46 AM

It's just a small touch phone with a keypad attached. Simple apps need to be paid for and most of the paid apps don't work as BlackBerry has so many versions of its OS. I have paid fopr an app that downloaded but now says it's not meant for my OS. So how and why did it download in the first place from the BlackBerry appworld???

There are a lot of other things to mention. It's easier if you can look at all my posts. The legacy devices were and are still better is all respects and more reliable with all their nibbling problems.

Posted via CB10
    You have not read my posts in this thread. I am the OP and I said yesterday that I finally bought the Q5 ten days ago! I said in this thread that I am damn happy with the whole thing! And I finally said that I used to have an iPhone 4S at work so I know the iOS experience and clearly hated it. It's my right to hate Apple products and my choice to rock BlackBerry OS10.
    smart548 and redsaph like this.
    02-04-14 02:51 AM
    You have not read my posts in this thread. I am the OP and I said yesterday that I finally bought the Q5 ten days ago! I said in this thread that I am damn happy with the whole thing! And I finally said that I used to have an iPhone 4S at work so I know the iOS experience and clearly hated it. It's my right to hate Apple products and my choice to rock BlackBerry OS10.
    He does not understand that you have chosen BB because you are in need of something convinient and efficent and not just a toy. Of course you can play with your BlackBerry, but you have in your hands something for sure more reliable, with better battery and most important thing above all, that meet your needs

Posted via CB10
    deceptiver likes this.
    02-04-14 03:26 AM
    Thank you smart ! I could have not put it in a better way. You got all my feelings about this phone and this brand. When it comes to communication, getting things done, work, nothing can beat BlackBerry. I clearly don't see the point to troll about that. I never understood why all the folks out there hate so much BlackBerry whereas they all used to have one when it was cool. By the way, the few games I tried (someone here provided a list) are very good. We can now play with our BlackBerries.
    Cheers,
    D - Proud owner of a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:35 AM
    If you have come in to bbx from Apple then u should love the bbx, and you will be double in love with a bb7 device. But in my case, I've moved from a bb7 device to the bbx. And that iis why I feel chocked with bbx. I'd rather have got an iphone/android. Things would have been easier. Now I have downloaded android apks from the net and have installed them on my bbq5. Isn't it a shame. Truecaller available for the bb7, not for the bbx. Many more app like that not available for bbx. Google maps, Gmail from Google, vibrate when u call, call recorder(ive paid for 2 bbx apps, Instagram, that don't work well, very slow and bad programming) Things that U would have taken for granted with any phone platform(even windows).
    Sure it's ur money. U can bet on any horse. Just matters if you can get the best value for your money without too many issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 05:15 AM
    Thank you smart ! I could have not put it in a better way. You got all my feelings about this phone and this brand. When it comes to communication, getting things done, work, nothing can beat BlackBerry. I clearly don't see the point to troll about that. I never understood why all the folks out there hate so much BlackBerry whereas they all used to have one when it was cool. By the way, the few games I tried (someone here provided a list) are very good. We can now play with our BlackBerries.
    Cheers,
    D - Proud owner of a Q5.

Posted via CB10
    My list probably :-P :-P Anyway I started also a new thread that lists other android fully working games for Q10 (and Q5 of course).

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:10 AM
    Congratulations OP on getting a Q5!

If you have come in to bbx from Apple then u should love the bbx, and you will be double in love with a bb7 device. But in my case, I've moved from a bb7 device to the bbx. And that iis why I feel chocked with bbx. I'd rather have got an iphone/android. Things would have been easier. Now I have downloaded android apks from the net and have installed them on my bbq5. Isn't it a shame. Truecaller available for the bb7, not for the bbx. Many more app like that not available for bbx. Google maps, Gmail from Google, vibrate when u call, call recorder(ive paid for 2 bbx apps, Instagram, that don't work well, very slow and bad programming) Things that U would have taken for granted with any phone platform(even windows).
    Sure it's ur money. U can bet on any horse. Just matters if you can get the best value for your money without too many issues.

Posted via CB10
    He had an old BlackBerry device, got the iPhone from his workplace and recently bought a Q5 - the OP knows what he's doing.

First of all, it was never called BBX. I think you're just lazy enough to type in BB10, but that's OK. Do you know why some of the apps you had on your old phone isn't in BB10? They're entirely different. They're not backwards compatible.

It's really up to the person to get the best bang for your buck -- I haven't bought any Instagram-like apps from BlackBerry World because I know that it isn't worth it to pay something for free on other platforms. Now we have iGrann for free and it works wonders as an Instagram-like app. With the 10.2.1 update, it has never been easier to sideload APKs of Instagram.

Side note too: please don't be such a cheapskate on characters, you can have as much characters as an essay... And also know I also acknowledge your opinion.

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    deceptiver likes this.
    02-04-14 08:34 AM
    Okkk am currently mkin use of a Q5 it's really awesome so I tynk u shuld go for it cos it's gat great features!

Posted via CB10
    smart548 and redsaph like this.
    02-04-14 09:04 AM
    My list probably :-P :-P Anyway I started also a new thread that lists other android fully working games for Q10 (and Q5 of course).

Posted via CB10
    Yeah smart, your list! I was too lazy to search who posted that yesterday sorry!
    02-05-14 03:35 AM
    Thank you redsaph! I am soooo happy with this damn little phone.

Congratulations OP on getting a Q5!

He had an old BlackBerry device, got the iPhone from his workplace and recently bought a Q5 - the OP knows what he's doing.

First of all, it was never called BBX. I think you're just lazy enough to type in BB10, but that's OK. Do you know why some of the apps you had on your old phone isn't in BB10? They're entirely different. They're not backwards compatible.

It's really up to the person to get the best bang for your buck -- I haven't bought any Instagram-like apps from BlackBerry World because I know that it isn't worth it to pay something for free on other platforms. Now we have iGrann for free and it works wonders as an Instagram-like app. With the 10.2.1 update, it has never been easier to sideload APKs of Instagram.

Side note too: please don't be such a cheapskate on characters, you can have as much characters as an essay... And also know I also acknowledge your opinion.

Thank you for summing this all up for me. It's clearer now.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    02-05-14 03:36 AM
    Thank you redsaph! I am soooo happy with this damn little phone.

Thank you for summing this all up for me. It's clearer now.
    O... kay... xD
    You're welcome!

deceptiver likes this.
    02-05-14 03:55 AM
44 12