The Q5 cos it's got a physical keyboard and 2gb ram. (it's cheaper also)
    The Z3 cos it's great build quality, amazing battery life. (and yeah the flick type too)
    The ram actually makes a difference cos when u scroll down the contacts, hub or whatsapp, it's not fluid as the rest.
    If u can manage with the battery part I think the Z10 is the best buy. Q5 and Z3 were always budget devices but the Z10 is a premium device. Better specs and an awesome camera. Grab one before it disappears. Think about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:52 AM
    They are both great starter devices but you'll have to decide physical qwerty keyboard or all touch .

My cool running Z30 on 10.3.0.442
    08-22-14 02:55 PM
    Go for Q5 if you like physical keyboard.

Go for Z3 if you like the touch keyboard.

I am on Q5 and love it because I simply love the physical keyboard man.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:53 PM
    Just got my z3. Will post a detailed review in a month's time.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    08-27-14 07:27 AM
    What is xiaomi? Another cheap chinese android ****?

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-28-14 05:23 AM
    What is xiaomi? Another cheap chinese android ****?

Posted via CB10
    Xiaomi is an Chinese manufacturer. Their phones are actually not that bad though and the phones indeed run Android with their own skin. Which in my opinion actually looks nice :-)

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q5 (10.3.0.1052)
    08-29-14 03:27 AM
    Second hand Q10

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-29-14 05:26 AM
    To all those who have a Q5, is the screen size adequate for the core stuff, i.e. phone, call log, texting, emailing, WhatsApp, and reading text articles on the web?

I saw a couple of Q5 videos and wasn't a big fan of the big action bar that comes at the bottom of every screen (with the back button and a couple of menu items). It looks like it gets in your way and reduces the available screen size even further.
    Yep... Q5 screen is large enough. I use it for websites. you may have to zoom in, but it works.

Battery on Q5 is great, way better than my z10.
    08-29-14 10:36 PM
    Hi there,

Have been reading your thread on the Q5 vs Z3 debate and I thought I will add a bit from my side as a first time BlackBerry user. I have been using two phones, one basic nokia C5 and a Galaxy S2 for close to 3 years now. The idea was simple - to use a basic Nokia phone for all my calling and messaging activities and use a smartphone for all web browsing/ photo-video recording/ app oriented uses. So it has been a great way to suffice my needs and my gadgets never failed me till recently, when the 4 year old Nokia started giving me problems with battery, lagging etc.
    Having used it for a long time and being content with its performance I was ready to move on to another basic phone device. I initially settled in for another Nokia device - a basic Nokia 206 but within a day found out that the device is incapable of supporting my 2500 contacts ( I am a self employed person - so a good contact phone memory is crucial for my business), as it supports a limited number of 1000 contacts only. Since keypad, good battery life and a good contacts phone memory were essential, I turned to Blackberry and got it exchanged for a Q5.

I loved the device initially for my requirements and I used it for only 4-5 days when I started noticing problems with the battery. After the first charge it lasted for almost 2 days on minimal use but second charge onward the battery would get depleted even on a 'flight' mode. In a span of 3-4 hourse it has dropped from 82% to 12% where it showed the BB system has used about 40% of the battery charge. Then immediately, the 'symbol' key stopped working.

So now after just using it for 6 days I have submitted the handset back to BB service center and asked for a replacement. Otherwise I have been happy with the device as for my requirements of a keypad device.( my Samsung Galaxy S2 is still great for all my smartphone related work). So my question is should I go back to Q5 if they give me a new box pack or should I consider something else?

As for your query I am a first-time BlackBerry user so can't help with suggestions there, but I thought since I have used the Blackberry Q5 for a few days, my experience may help you in some way.

Cheers,
    Pushan
    08-30-14 01:25 AM
    Please read carefully the Title of this thread. If you don't understand it please re-read until you do. The Poster SPECIFICALLY asked for info on the Z3 and Q5 ONLY!

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-30-14 01:43 PM
    If I was a operator, I already closed this thread because of this.. These endless discussions. It all comes down to the same thing: difference of opinion!

So if we please can go back to the subject of this thread (which is stated in the title for those who forgot what is was about).

Other discussions can be started on the Crackberry forums quite easely ;-)

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q5 (10.3.0.1052)
    08-30-14 01:49 PM
    friend i m using Q5 currently. i have used Z10 also but sold it bcd of poor battery life. i m a heavy user of (calls, push mails, sms, ).
    my official device is Q5 & personal i use iPhone 5. i will recommend. Q5 due to good battery life + QWERTY keyboard. but yes u may face issue of small screen if u are using only one device.

regards
    08-31-14 10:13 AM
    Knock off the bickering and off-topic nonsense. Just as a reminder, the thread topic is Q5 or Z3: What to buy as a first time BB user?

[WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]
    anon5817504 likes this.
    08-31-14 09:29 PM
63 123