hey guys i wanted to buy a q10 but the problem is that i didnt find it in my country
    i found the q5 and the moto g
    i heared that q5's screen is so fragile and not scratch proof is it real?(when moto g uses gorilla glass 3)
    so which one should i choose ? :-)
    03-26-14 02:31 PM
    if your not in a budget, get Q10 direct from Blackberry website. Its is an amazing device and a Beast on battery life. And the build quality is awesome, plus it has more GHZ much faster than Q5, not to mention the camera is better also. Best of all its unlock..
    03-26-14 04:34 PM
    Go Q5. BB10 OS smokes Android and the physical keyboard is the real deal! I had a Moto X before switching over to BlackBerry and I can honestly say that I would never go back!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:40 PM
    It really depends on what you want in a phone, e.g. physical keyboard vs touchscreen, the customization that Android offers vs BB10's gesture-based OS etc, etc. Personally, I came from a Nexus 5 to a Q5 (previously had the Z10 as well) and I am enjoying the experience. Most of the apps I need work on the Q5 via download through the Amazon App Store or Snap so I don't even notice a "lack of apps" on BB10. I think the most important questions to consider are which screen size is best for your needs--do you watch a lot of movies? If so, the G might be better because it offers a better viewing experience. How important are games for you? Again, screen size may matter. However, if you were originally interested in the Q10, I think you would be happy with the Q5.

I can't comment on how scratch resistant the Q5 screen is because I have a screen protector on it, but I can say that even gorilla glass can get nicked, scratched, etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:23 PM
    Go Q5. BB10 OS smokes Android and the physical keyboard is the real deal! I had a Moto X before switching over to BlackBerry and I can honestly say that I would never go back!

Posted via CB10
    good to hear that
    ChaErra likes this.
    03-27-14 02:40 AM
    if your not in a budget, get Q10 direct from Blackberry website. Its is an amazing device and a Beast on battery life. And the build quality is awesome, plus it has more GHZ much faster than Q5, not to mention the camera is better also. Best of all its unlock..
    yeah i would that but really cant it is too expensive, im a student
    also when i didnt find it, i've spent some money, so now have only the price for q5 or moto g
    03-27-14 02:41 AM
    It really depends on what you want in a phone, e.g. physical keyboard vs touchscreen, the customization that Android offers vs BB10's gesture-based OS etc, etc. Personally, I came from a Nexus 5 to a Q5 (previously had the Z10 as well) and I am enjoying the experience. Most of the apps I need work on the Q5 via download through the Amazon App Store or Snap so I don't even notice a "lack of apps" on BB10. I think the most important questions to consider are which screen size is best for your needs--do you watch a lot of movies? If so, the G might be better because it offers a better viewing experience. How important are games for you? Again, screen size may matter. However, if you were originally interested in the Q10, I think you would be happy with the Q5.

I can't comment on how scratch resistant the Q5 screen is because I have a screen protector on it, but I can say that even gorilla glass can get nicked, scratched, etc.

Posted via CB10
    thnx for replying, mainly i need a phone for texting, navigating, some music and some games, and i want the q5 for the KEYBOARD i just hated the big screens,
    im careful to my phone, so will it stand if i want to use it naked?
    03-27-14 02:41 AM
    thnx for replying, mainly i need a phone for texting, navigating, some music and some games, and i want the q5 for the KEYBOARD i just hated the big screens,
    I'm currently using mine without the case and it feels decently solid. It is made out of plastic however so it will scratch/nick if dropped. I would at least use a screen protector. The Q5 is a nice little phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 03:22 AM
    I'm currently using mine without the case and it feels decently solid. It is made out of plastic however so it will scratch/nick if dropped. I would at least use a screen protector. The Q5 is a nice little phone.

Posted via CB10
    if the screen doesnt break when i drop it, i dont care about scratches
    also one question, how is the visibility in sunlight ?
    03-27-14 03:49 AM
    I had a Q5 for over 5 months now and carry it in my pants pocket, without case or protector. No scratches at all, neither on the screen nor on the back cover. Actually I prefer the 5 over the 10, because of its wider spacing between the keys which makes typing even easier. In return I'm giving up on the more solid build of the 10, and on its faster processor and hdmi port. I don't really notice the processor on the 5 being slower in daily business. I miss the hdmi port on rare occasions, when wanting to show images to somebody on a large TV screen. Not a big deal though.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:37 AM
    My girlfriend's Q5 fell 3-4 times from at least 1 meter and still work beautifully ;-) No scratch on screen or damage on the phone. Her Q5 is protected with a case and a screen protector though.. Indeed I've seen a lot of my friends's Android broken or glass scratched for no reason(dropped from the bed for example) even with cases on..

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:38 AM
    thank u guys, that really makes me sure that the q5 is one for me :-)
    @gnirkatto yeah it's 0.3 ghz slower than q10 but what i like about bb os10 that slower processor doesnt mean lag, only means more time to open an app... which doesnt bother me
    03-27-14 04:54 AM
    thank u guys, that really makes me sure that the q5 is one for me :-)
    @gnirkatto yeah it's 0.3 ghz slower than q10 but what i like about bb os10 that slower processor doesnt mean lag, only means more time to open an app... which doesnt bother me
    Actually my Q10 loads slower than my GF's Q5 :-P But I think that is due to my over 200 apps installed!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:08 AM
    BlackBerry devices are known for being rugged and sturdy. It takes a lot of effort to break them.

Considering your preferences for a phone, I would also advise you to look for a Bold 9900. If you don't necessarily need BlackBerry 10, BBOS7 will suit your needs pretty well on the Bold 9900.
    03-27-14 05:17 AM
    @smart548: haha be easy with ur phone man
    @crackbb10: i thought about the 9900 but it's main problem is the battery life compared to the 2100ma on the q5, also apk files are readable by the os 10, means more apps on q5
    03-27-14 05:25 AM
    Totally different devices, Q5 is a qwerty business/social phone, Moto G is a full touch media device. I say get the Q5 but it's you decision, you know better what you need.
    03-27-14 08:18 AM
    Totally different devices, Q5 is a qwerty business/social phone, Moto G is a full touch media device. I say get the Q5 but it's you decision, you know better what you need.
    yeah, but the price is nearly in common
    anyway, sir u have used bb 9900 and q5, which one is better(which keyboard,build quality,screen...) ?
    03-27-14 08:26 AM
    Quality built- better on Bold 9900 beter materials, the Q5 feels solid in your hand, al though it looks cheeap (to much plastic)

Typing Experience - although the keyboard is softer and more comfortable on the Bold 9900 I have to say the typing experince is better on the Q5, the Q5 keybord in nor bad and the Predictive text is great,it literally learns you typing style so you can type really fast

Battery - better on Q5 2 days with no sweat, on Bold 9900 i got 1 day, 1 day and a half.

Camera - decent both on Bold 9900 and Q5, however the Q5 has Time Shift

Multitasking - Bold 9900 is not the best multitasker, but on the Q5 is much better, better processor.

Screen - just bit larger on Q5 than on the Bold 9900 but the colors ar richer on the Q5 and the touchscreen responds better

OS - OS 7 is not bad but the OS10 is more intuitive

The Blackberry Hub is the best thing on Q5, you have all you e-mails, text message, BBM, social, watsapp in one place to manage, very simple and efficient.

Hope it helped.
    03-27-14 09:36 AM
    Quality built- better on Bold 9900 beter materials, the Q5 feels solid in your hand, al though it looks cheeap (to much plastic)

Typing Experience - although the keyboard is softer and more comfortable on the Bold 9900 I have to say the typing experince is better on the Q5, the Q5 keybord in nor bad and the Predictive text is great,it literally learns you typing style so you can type really fast

Battery - better on Q5 2 days with no sweat, on Bold 9900 i got 1 day, 1 day and a half.

Camera - decent both on Bold 9900 and Q5, however the Q5 has Time Shift

Multitasking - Bold 9900 is not the best multitasker, but on the Q5 is much better, better processor.

Screen - just bit larger on Q5 than on the Bold 9900 but the colors ar richer on the Q5 and the touchscreen responds better

OS - OS 7 is not bad but the OS10 is more intuitive

The Blackberry Hub is the best thing on Q5, you have all you e-mails, text message, BBM, social, watsapp in one place to manage, very simple and efficient.

Hope it helped.
    really appreciated man, i think i locked on q5
    thanx again
    03-27-14 09:52 AM
    I got a red BlackBerry soft shell for mine. Fits it like a glove. Love how it looks on my black Q5, as well :-)
    03-27-14 10:01 AM
    hey guys i wanted to buy a q10 but the problem is that i didnt find it in my country
    i found the q5 and the moto g
    i heared that q5's screen is so fragile and not scratch proof is it real?(when moto g uses gorilla glass 3)
    so which one should i choose ? :-)
    Hello. Your on a Blackberry site so everyone is going to say the BlackBerry is better. This would happen on any fan site. I suggest if you want a non partial review to search Google.

BlackBerry Q5 vs Motorola Moto G - DigitalVersus

Here is one I found but maybe there are some local reviewers. The Q5 isn't sold in the U.S.
    Last edited by Nicholas Kathrein; 03-27-14 at 02:19 PM.
    03-27-14 12:32 PM
    Actually my Q10 loads slower than my GF's Q5 :-P But I think that is due to my over 200 apps installed!

Posted via CB10
    Damn, 200 apps!

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-28-14 01:37 PM
    Ehehe ;-) Don't wanna bother uninstall! :-P

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 05:09 PM