My father recently got a second hand Q5 that's still in awesome condition. While I was setting it up for him I updated it from OS 10.3.1 to 10.3.2. (Not sure exactly which release since I don't have the phone in front of me at the moment.) Since I installed the update there seems to be a volume problem. He can hardly hear the notifications when he gets a message. Since he's already elderly and hard of hearing this is a real problem.
    I searched the forum and found one guy posting about something that sounds similar, in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...issue-1071014/ But at the moment there are no answers.

So I was wondering, firstly, if this is a known issue with either the Q5 or OS 10.3.2? If so, is there some way to fix it?

As a very last resort, is there some way to go back to OS 10.3.1? Yes, I am aware of autoloaders but if I understand correctly that will cause problems with BlackBerry Protect?

Any solid help or advice will be appreciated.

*EDIT*: I already checked the master volume and notification volume settings, obviously. All at max.
    04-21-16 03:22 AM
    You can set the notification volume for individual apps in BlackBerry 10 like (email, text, BBM) etc in the Settings.. if you want to override the default profile settings of course.

I had the same sort of problem with an older friend of mine and I just went on the Internet and got and installed a louder notification sound.. from Zedge I think? They are not hard to find. I wouldn't go to all the trouble of reinstalling the OS just for a notification sound?

As far as using Autoloaders they only become a problem if you don't know or forget your BlackBerry ID. You won't be able to reinstall the OS without that piece of info. If going the autoloader route turn off BlackBerry Protect BEFORE reinstalling the OS to make it easier.

You should be able to downgrade to a lower version.. it's still 10.3. 10.2 to 10.3 no you would not be able to downgrade. Hope this helps.

From my Tower of Power Q5
    Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 04-21-16 at 04:58 PM.
    Lotster likes this.
    04-21-16 04:48 PM
    Thank you very much! I will have a look at the settings you mentioned but I think I already checked them. This seems to be a bug because there's also a gradual drop in volume over time. I will look at the settings tonight when I see my Father though.
    04-22-16 01:51 AM
    In case someone else stumbles onto this post. I managed to get it sorted by doing a factory reset and NOT restoring backups. My father upgraded to the Q5 from a Curve 9720 and I used BlackBerry Link to transfer his settings from the Curve to the Q5. When I looked at his profiles he had multiple "Normal" and "Loud" profiles and it seems there was some kind of mix-up there... Anyway, it's all sorted now.
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    04-25-16 08:26 AM