So Windows 10 devices with the right hardware can be miracast receivers (intel integrated GPU, recent wifi and graphics drivers).

My 9.7 inch tablet fits this bill.

The Q5 apparently can miracast to a display.

I thought it might be fun to connect them. So far, the connect app starts up, both devices wheel loading, and the connection fails.

Do you need a strong wifi signal for this? Anyone got it to work?

Cheers
    04-12-17 05:47 AM
    Got my own answer. Its spotty, unreliable, and really slow. Not sure why anyone would use miracast, if that's how it works for everyone.

I only have dual band wifi, and I am not sure the q5 knows how to use it. So perhaps with 5ghz, and compatible devices it would be better.

Did get it working for a moment. Was really weird having my little Q5 screen projected large onto my tablet, lol.

Also, why would I want that.

Would make more sense using my BB as a keyboard for my tablet.
    04-12-17 06:41 AM
    Got my own answer. Its spotty, unreliable, and really slow. Not sure why anyone would use miracast, if that's how it works for everyone.

I only have dual band wifi, and I am not sure the q5 knows how to use it. So perhaps with 5ghz, and compatible devices it would be better.

Did get it working for a moment. Was really weird having my little Q5 screen projected large onto my tablet, lol.

Also, why would I want that.

Would make more sense using my BB as a keyboard for my tablet.
    To show/run media from the miracast source?

But yeah, it'd likely work better if both devices were connected to the 2.4 ghz network in this case.

I miracast my Passport wirelessly to a projector recently and it worked nicely -- in that case, the projector didn't support 5 ghz.
    04-12-17 02:22 PM
    This is why WiFi Direct never took off, even tho its an open standard, performance and hardware compatibility are terrible. Thus the proprietary solutions like ChromeCast.
    04-12-17 03:01 PM