I went through the specifications of the Q5 and I found that it has a fixed(non removable battery).
    Now the question is, if I need to get the battery replaced, how do I do that ?

I am looking forward to purchasing this device, however this one thing keeps pushing me back.

Best Regards
    Priyarata
    04-26-14 02:16 PM
    04-26-14 02:25 PM
    Yes, I've gone through it earlier, but its response didn't address my query.
    I need to know what exactly I need to do get the battery replaced in case something goes wrong and that thread kinda says, its battery is pretty good and everything will be fine.

I need to know what as a customer I can do to get it replaced.

Thanks for the link though.
    04-26-14 02:29 PM
    Keep the warranty. Even after updating the OS you find that it is not up to standard, get it replaced.

Sent from a mobile device via Tapatalk
    04-26-14 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the reply, but what are we looking to get replaced here, the entire handset or the battery itself ?
    And I talking a bit long term here, what happens when the battery power degrades and warranty has expired ? I hope it is not 'Use-n-throw' .
    04-27-14 03:01 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but what are we looking to get replaced here, the entire handset or the battery itself ?
    And I talking a bit long term here, what happens when the battery power degrades and warranty has expired ? I hope it is not 'Use-n-throw' .
    That is the reason why I own a Z10 and a Q10. Looking forward to the classic when it comes.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk
    04-27-14 03:09 AM
    If anything does go wrong with your battery, drop your phone at the service centre, they will look after it, u don't need to worry about a thing.
    If your warranty has expired, they will just charge you. It's not a use and throw.
    04-27-14 03:12 AM
    Alright, that is good news. Thanks a ton for the clarification.
    @Zocster : Imho, they have gone a bit too wild with the pricing of the Q10, otherwise would have been a perfect choice.
    04-27-14 05:10 AM
    I have seen the inside of a few sealed unit cell phones, and they still have a conventional battery inside. The only real difference is it may need soldering to exchange.
    There are actually several people here who have taken the phones apart and changed things themselves. Look at this post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ded-q5-886541/
    Someone like that could probably help you with some advice if you need to service it yourself.

As for the phone itself. It is designed so we do not have to remove the battery to reset the phone. Holding down on the 2 volume buttons at the same time for more than 5 (it might be 10) seconds does the same thing as disconnecting the battery if your phone happens to lock up. Although my phone has never given me the reason to I did try it once and it does work.

One more thing. At least in Canada BlackBerry does a very good job repairing or replacing phones quickly if something goes wrong with it. I would still try buying the phone locally, then you can usually get a loaner phone and have them send it in doing most of the paperwork.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 07:19 AM
    You can replace the Q5 battery without any soldering. The battery connections just plug in. Probably the only 'tricky' bit is getting your hands on the right replacement battery, but ebay or some parts suppliers probably have that covered.

IIRC from when I did my colour swap, to get to the battery you need a plastic prying tool to get the back cover off, then a small screwdriver to take part of the internal frame out. It's pretty easy.
    04-27-14 07:38 AM