Hey people I'm about to order a new q5 and have seen many posts on forums advising to get a case as the phone is slippery, so could you Q5 owners recommend some cases?

I am thinking of ordering the official flip shell by blackberry.
    02-17-15 01:29 AM
    Get the BlackBerry hard shell case. It's the one I have. It's a great case for the Q5.
    Q5 Cases-image1.jpg

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    3Dee, SpartanSK117, decoy7 and 2 others like this.
    02-17-15 01:47 AM
    The flip shell case is classy but the clip/hook at the top tends to loosen up with use and it eventually loses it functionality. But it's not expensive so give it a try anyways.

I am using the OEM soft skin which I find very comfortable and resolves the slippery issue. It is even less expensive. No battery saving technology however. Feels great in the hand and I'm not even aware there is a case on.

Posted via CB10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    02-17-15 06:38 AM
    Get the BlackBerry hard shell case. It's the one I have. It's a great case for the Q5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	1346 
Size:	2.1 KB 
ID:	334127

Is this case slippery? I've read some reviews on it and they say it doesnt solve the slippery problem as the case is also slippery
    02-17-15 08:32 AM
    The flip shell case is classy but the clip/hook at the top tends to loosen up with use and it eventually loses it functionality. But it's not expensive so give it a try anyways.

I am using the OEM soft skin which I find very comfortable and resolves the slippery issue. It is even less expensive. No battery saving technology however. Feels great in the hand and I'm not even aware there is a case on.

Posted via CB10
    Does the soft shell have a lip?
    02-17-15 08:43 AM
    This is the one I use:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D...UvbUpU11360828

Great price and feels quite durable. It covers the BB logo, but it's a secure fit and has great grip in the hand.
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    02-17-15 09:26 AM
    Yes the soft shell flip has a lip that kind of hooks over the top of the case when closed. It is tight at first but gradually gets loose over time.

I changed to the soft skin which fits well and is slightly grippy on the back which gives it a good feeling in the hand and a little extra weight too.

Posted via CB10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    02-17-15 12:19 PM
    I find the hardshell case ugly and bulky but it does have its uses. If I'm snowboarding or on the job site I prefer this case but another setback is it is slippery.

The soft shell isn't as bulky and provides a better grip to the phone. I usually use the software shell or the leather flip as my everyday case

Posted via CB10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    02-17-15 12:25 PM
    I have the leather flip case which works well but is a bit bulky, so most of the time I use the soft shell which has minimal protection, but it is hardly noticable and provides good grip to the light phone.

Posted via CB10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    02-17-15 08:25 PM
    Is this case slippery? I've read some reviews on it and they say it doesnt solve the slippery problem as the case is also slippery
    Not to me. I've probably dropped my phone once because it was slippery and I think that was before I got the case.

I think you'll be satisfied with it.

02-17-15 10:39 PM
    So guys I received my brand new Q5 today, Its seriously nice!

And I've already ordered the OEM flip shell but now also thinking of getting either the soft shell or this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...UvbUpU11363411

Which one?
    02-18-15 03:13 AM
    I have experimented with a few cases and the Blackberry Premium Hardshell is the best. It really makes the phone look good.

The back of the shell is made of textured plastic and it's nice to hold in hand.

Posted via CB10
    3Dee, SpartanSK117 and Sal1982 like this.
    02-18-15 03:23 AM
    I'm enjoying the flip shell. The actual front flap doesn't sit entirely flat on the phone, there is a tiny hill going on, its annoying me but I'm going to have to live with it. Also the hook needs to loosen up.
    02-20-15 11:33 AM
    So I bought the OEM soft shell case and have had it for about a week now it is indeed the best case for the Q5, nice and slim and feels good in the hand and when typing. 2nd place to the OEM flip shell.
    03-17-15 04:26 AM
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    03-17-15 06:12 AM
    You will end up with a few.

The flip is a nice case as it works the the phone's sensors to extend the battery life. But it does not wear too well with time.

Bumpers or silicone ones keep the phone slim but with less protection if the flip bothers you.

Current I use a rugged/heavy duty one doubling the phone's thickness as it's good protection, has a built in stand, and lets a wrist strap be fitted.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 07:34 AM
    I got a Melkco case for mine from Amazon and really like it. I also have some type of soft shell for the days I'm just sitting at my desk.

Q5 Cases-mockit_24022015160608.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 09:56 PM
    I second the Melkco case. Very happy with it. As others have mentioned, the standard oem flip case does not wear well.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 04:46 AM
    Has anyone tried the OEM leather pocket?
    03-21-15 07:06 PM
    Has anyone tried the OEM leather pocket?
    Yep. Found it tight for the phone in comparison to the z10 or z30 case. It may loosen over time with use but I just use the soft thin blackBerry case to provide a better grip on the slippery q5.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:32 PM
    I totally agree that the OEM leather pouch is too tight. It is dysfunctional. Too bad. And it looks rather weird somehow as if it wasn't designed or fabricated correctly.

In my experience, I would not recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:57 PM
    I love the way the Q5 feels without any cases on, and its actually not as slippery as people say, so thats why I just ordered a pocket, keep it safe and when I want to use it i will use the phone naked!

I was too tempted to get it, I've got the OEM leather flip shell and the soft case, i thought id complete the collection. I don't want the OEM premium shell because I don't want my device becoming bulky, i hate the bulky feeling.
    03-23-15 11:54 AM
    I hope that the OEM leather pouch fits okay. I have it on my Z30 and Z10 and it works great. But unfortunately it just didn't fit right on the Q5 - way too tight.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:12 PM
    Yeah i hope it aint as tight as everyone says, and I'm happy that i bought it at only �3.90 so if it is too tight atleast it didnt take too much money away from me.
    03-23-15 05:46 PM
    So i've had the OEM leather pocket for about a 2 weeks now, you guys were right, it was very tight when it came to me, but now it has loosened and I actually love this case because I get to use the phone naked all the time. the case is tight just the right amount so it would never accidentally slip out and it also looks very nice. I'm happy with the purchase, this has taken the no.1 spot on my best cases for the q5.
    04-05-15 09:55 AM
48 12