I agree the Q5 is an amazing phone. I wrote a review about it last year and I was really impressed by the Q5. I will buy another one tomorrow because they can be found for �100 new in the UK. The one I had was the black one, but I really like the white one too. Is the material the same on white?
    05-23-15 04:35 PM
    So I was not sure what BlackBerry phone my next phone would be. First I considered the Q10, then I moved to the Z30. But reading through this thread, I think my new phone will be the Q5. I don't think I will "downgrade" that much compared with the Z10 (which I'm happy about though, except battery life and sensors down...) Thanks everyone! I hope I can get the red version!!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 06:35 PM
    Agree, I even bought my Q5 second hand and it's fantastic. I used it as a backup to my Q10 when it suffered from double typing. Kept using it for a few more months after the Q10 was fixed. Now using a Classic, but good to know I have this little reliable 5 as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-23-15 07:08 PM
    Re "downgrade" to Q5 - I can totally relate to this concept because I started with the Q10 and put up with the ridiculous double typing for months even though I already had the Q5 in my possession as a "backup ". I finally got so pissed with the double typing that I just made the switch and haven't looked back. Now I PREFER the 5 to the 10, in many respects. Now it feels like I Upgraded to the 5 !!!!

Bottom line for me, the user experience trumps any specifications ratings.

Re White Q5 !! - My first 5 was a black one and then I bought a white one from Amazon unlocked , again as a backup. (I think I suffered from scarcity in my childhood). The materials look the same to me. I think the white one in a black soft shell case looks really fantastic. The black one is a little easier for me to see the key letters without my reading glasses! They're both really great looking.

I have the soft shell case for both, which makes a big difference to my enjoyment of the phones.

I plan on staying with the 5 for awhile because the 10, Classic and Passport just don't do it for me, based on my simple needs. Plus I'm not so much into the large size phones.

Posted via CB10
    lift, tli2000 and anon(5597702) like this.
    05-23-15 08:58 PM
    Yep the material is the same with the white. Feels great, although I have the BlackBerry shell cover on it for some extra grip.

'Clickity-Clack' goes my keypad! - White BlackBerry Q5
    05-26-15 02:02 PM
    So I was not sure what BlackBerry phone my next phone would be. First I considered the Q10, then I moved to the Z30. But reading through this thread, I think my new phone will be the Q5. I don't think I will "downgrade" that much compared with the Z10 (which I'm happy about though, except battery life and sensors down...) Thanks everyone! I hope I can get the red version!!

Posted via CB10
    You'll love the battery life on the Q5 versus the Z10. Battery was the only thing I didn't like about my Z10. But I bought an extra battery for it so after that it wasn't really an issue anymore

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:36 PM
    I was the same way re: non removable batteries. I guess I jumped that ship when I got a PlayBook back in 2012. It has excellent battery life and the passage of time hasn't had any adverse effects.

Similarly, the battery life is great in the Q5 (2-3 days light to moderate use). I've only had it since October, but I bought it used. I expect the battery will have a solid lifespan, as well. Ultimately, I haven't found myself longing for a removal battery device since using these ones.
    For me, removable battery in a phone is a must. Not necessarily for changing batteries on the go per say, but for doing this.

Q5 build quality-img_20150529_175156.jpg

Q5 build quality-img_20150529_175257.jpg

The 4400mah battery extended battery means I do not even have to look at the battery percentage during the day at all, and use all of the phone features such as Bluetooth, NFC, navigation, etc.

Unlike portable chargers, there is no loss in electricity during transfer, no heating up, no need to worry about connecting / disconnecting charging cables, no need to carry separate cables, and no need to charge the charger separately.

It just works.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 01:40 PM
    My BlackBerry Q5 is the perfect replacement for my BlackBerry 9700/9780 although the limited system memory makes OS updates a pain if you have only a small amount available. Blackberry Link is necessary to backup data (not all data is backed up) and update the OS. Not sure why BlackBerry cannot push patches to the OS software instead of full images.
    06-05-15 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry Q5 is superior to the Q10 except in terms of system memory. You will really like the Q5 especially if a traditional BlackBerry physical keyboard layout is high on your preferences. The Passport keyboard is horrid by comparison.
    06-05-15 06:04 PM
    I'm not a PKB fan, I use my Z10 and Leap most of the time. But when I do want to use a PKB phone, I always grab the Q5. The Q10 is just not as good and never gets use anymore. Cellular signal is way better on the Q5 compared to the Q10 and I love the Q5 keyboard a lot more than the Q10's.
    tli2000, Matty and tollfeeder like this.
    06-06-15 12:44 PM
    I just ordered a white Q5. After much thinking I decided to force halt my Classic urge for this little rascal. Can't wait.
    06-07-15 09:00 AM
    I actually think the black Q5 looks quite nice! I wish the camera were a little better but that's about it!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:27 AM
    I just ordered a white Q5. After much thinking I decided to force halt my Classic urge for this little rascal. Can't wait.
    Enjoy! I have both the black and white models. The white phone in a black soft shell case is a great look.

Posted via CB10
    tli2000 likes this.
    06-07-15 02:27 PM
    I have red with keyboard from black.

If I would be a girl I would choose pink with keyboard from white

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    06-07-15 02:55 PM
    Enjoy! I have both the black and white models. The white phone in a black soft shell case is a great look.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I've done. Ordered white Q5 and a black shell to go with it. I've always owned black phones but there's something very special about the look of a white 5.

Z3
    06-08-15 10:25 AM
40 12