Hi I�m new to this forum and have done a quick search for the problem I�m experiencing but can�t find it; maybe I�m the only one.

Anyhow, I have the BB Q5 running 10.2.1.2977. The problem I�m experiencing is that when I �pair� with my Samsung HW-H550 Soundbar both devices see each other and connect successfully, BUT when I play music it only comes from the Q5 not the soundbar speakers.

I know that the Bluetooth function on my Q5 works perfectly fine, because when I�m in the car and hook up to the in car Bluetooth the music comes from the car speakers, plus the hands free phone connection works, no problem.

Has anyone come across this issue and been able to fix it?
    08-21-14 01:03 AM
    Hi I’m new to this forum and have done a quick search for the problem I’m experiencing but can’t find it; maybe I’m the only one.

Anyhow, I have the BB Q5 running 10.2.1.2977. The problem I’m experiencing is that when I ‘pair’ with my Samsung HW-H550 Soundbar both devices see each other and connect successfully, BUT when I play music it only comes from the Q5 not the soundbar speakers.

I know that the Bluetooth function on my Q5 works perfectly fine, because when I’m in the car and hook up to the in car Bluetooth the music comes from the car speakers, plus the hands free phone connection works, no problem.

Has anyone come across this issue and been able to fix it?
    May sound like a stupid question, but:
    When you start your music player, does it show any options for "Play on", which may allow you to direct the sound to the particular hardware?
    Is there any option for headset, speaker, etc. that you could toggle and check for the issue?
    Also, getting another soundbar may be difficult, but have you tried pairing your soundbar with another phone to check whether the other phone is able to do what you are trying?

Do come back with your results so that we know what worked or didn't

LP&HG
    09-21-14 01:27 PM
    Hi . I have the exact same problem with my BB Passport. The connection via Bluetooth is established between the BB Passaport and the Samsung soundbar but when I try to play the sound emanates only from the Passport. I dont have any problem in connectivity using my Samsung note or iPad.

I also have a problem between my BB Passport and my HP Officejet Pro 8600 . I cannot print using wifi direct. Once again there is no problem from my Samsung or my iPad.

Any ideas on how to overcome these issues as it limits the functionality of my BB which I would like to use all circumstances without resorting to another phone.
    06-10-15 11:09 PM
    Hi . I have the exact same problem with my BB Passport. The connection via Bluetooth is established between the BB Passaport and the Samsung soundbar but when I try to play the sound emanates only from the Passport. I dont have any problem in connectivity using my Samsung note or iPad.

I also have a problem between my BB Passport and my HP Officejet Pro 8600 . I cannot print using wifi direct. Once again there is no problem from my Samsung or my iPad.

Any ideas on how to overcome these issues as it limits the functionality of my BB which I would like to use all circumstances without resorting to another phone.
    Hmmm, that's strange. I've only used BT on my Q5 to connect to a headset but never had any problems.

The OP was using a 10.2.x OS. Presumably you're using 10.3.0 at least? Can you update to a newer version?

Less drastically, I'd try to do a hard reboot (hold volume up + down at the same time on Q5; not sure about the PP.) You could also try removing the BT pairs listed in the BT settings and redo them from scratch.

Hope you can get this to work. No reason the BT audio stream shouldn't work.

Can't help with the WiFi direct printing, unfortunately.
    06-11-15 08:15 AM