Hi my wife has a Q5 running OS 10.3.1.1865. Model SQR100-1, on Rogers network. Recently her phone has been heating up, and then dropping calls that are over 15 or 20 minutes long. I did a factory restore using BlackBerry Link. It's a bit better, but the problem is not gone. Any ideas? Could it be a carrier issue, software, hardware. Any ideas, let suggestions would help. I have a Z10 on the same carrier, and have no issues.

PaulJ
    Last edited by oldsoul123; 05-28-15 at 11:46 PM.
    05-28-15 11:17 PM
    I would guess a battery issue? If the phone is heating up, the battery may be going caput. I had a Nokia like that at one point, but problems went away after a battery swap.

You may want to hunt down one of the Telus prepaid phones for $100 if your wife likes her Q5, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 06:37 PM
    I would guess a battery issue? If the phone is heating up, the battery may be going caput. I had a Nokia like that at one point, but problems went away after a battery swap.

You may want to hunt down one of the Telus prepaid phones for $100 if your wife likes her Q5, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    Well the battery seems to charge okay, and lasts normal amount of time when she's not using the phone function. It only seems to be an issue when she's talking on the phone for an extended period of time, like making a long distance call to her Mom etc. The rest of his time it seems to work normally.

I have been reading about how Rogers is notorious for dropped calls, and as I don't really use mine for phone people a lot, I can't tell if it's doing the same for my Z10 of not. I have noticed from time to time when doing something else on my phone, the network signal will drop off all together, and then reconnect moments later.

PaulJ
    05-29-15 06:59 PM