Hey ya All!!!

Got my self the Pebble in black. Wasn't bold enough to try the only other color available at the store, RED. The orange looks good in print, but have not seen one in the flesh.

Have paired it to my Q5. Yes, BBX devices are supported by this app called TALK2WATCH. It's on the BBAppstore. The best 'caller ID' feature does not work with BBX devices. It's not the developers fault, but the BBX SKD does not support the caller ID feature, unlike on the IOS or Jellybean.
    And it also does not support Whatsapp or BBM.

So what's the point if you are using it with a BBX device??

You still have sms, mms, email, GPS, and exercise functions supported. Not to mention 'the flip wrist light on' feature and 'forget me not' feature.
    Or you could get yourself an IOS or Android device for the full experience.

But it's worth the experience, on either of the three platforms at the price it comes for.
    The pebble smart watch-img_00000328.jpg
    The pebble smart watch-img_00000321.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 01:46 AM
    Out of curiosity I would expect BlackBerry OS 10 to support Caller ID in the same manner it is supported on the smartphone. If there is an entry in Contacts doesn't that information appear in the Pebble? In this day and age you'd expect BlackBerry OS 10 to support real Caller ID though.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-24-13 03:19 AM
    The situation is that the Pebble doesn't have an API support library for BB10, and the documentation of the protocol is not sufficient for a third party for fully support the watch. This may change when the Pebble API 2.0 is released. Supposedly by the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:48 AM
    Hey ya All!!!

Got my self the Pebble in black. Wasn't bold enough to try the only other color available at the store, RED. The orange looks good in print, but have not seen one in the flesh.

Have paired it to my Q5. Yes, BBX devices are supported by this app called TALK2WATCH. It's on the BBAppstore. The best 'caller ID' feature does not work with BBX devices. It's not the developers fault, but the BBX SKD does not support the caller ID feature, unlike on the IOS or Jellybean.
    And it also does not support Whatsapp or BBM.

So what's the point if you are using it with a BBX device??

You still have sms, mms, email, GPS, and exercise functions supported. Not to mention 'the flip wrist light on' feature and 'forget me not' feature.
    Or you could get yourself an IOS or Android device for the full experience.

But it's worth the experience, on either of the three platforms at the price it comes for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000328.jpg 
Views:	1204 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	232889
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000321.jpg 
Views:	1205 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	232890

Posted via CB10
    I bought a pebble watch myself. Haven't fully tested it. Have you had any issue with Facebook messages. I am assuming when the developer says chat messages, he means facebook messaging?
    12-24-13 11:47 AM
    That is what I mean If you have problems with receiving them please remove the app and install it again (to start the facebook autorization process again).
    12-24-13 05:16 PM
    That is what I mean If you have problems with receiving them please remove the app and install it again (to start the facebook autorization process again).
    I've tried this few times. Reinstalling the app but no luck. Everything else works as advertised. But messages from Facebook, no dice. Though the test passes.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:54 PM
    Be sure that the app asks for the correct permissions when you set it up again. If it does not request any permissions you probably have to remove the app from Facebook. Log in to Facebook and then select "Apps: Games" - "Your apps" and remove Talk2Watch. Install Talk2Watch on your phone again and it should work. If there are still any prroblems, send me a message.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:43 AM
    Be sure that the app asks for the correct permissions when you set it up again. If it does not request any permissions you probably have to remove the app from Facebook. Log in to Facebook and then select "Apps: Games" - "Your apps" and remove Talk2Watch. Install Talk2Watch on your phone again and it should work. If there are still any prroblems, send me a message.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. This got it to work. Loving the app. I wish I could download it 50x.

Posted via CB10
    Mioedwitnir likes this.
    12-25-13 08:42 PM
    Nice! I'm on the brink myself Some questions:

(1) Is there push email notifications?
    (2) Does the notification display email text itself or just the sender?
    (3) Does email work for any accounts or just gmail?

Thanks! and congrats on the purchase!
    12-25-13 08:50 PM

Hi,

I've really not tried to paid with BlackBerry q5 on a regular basis, as I'm travelling on work now. I don't want to take a chance loosing out on the battery during the day. I m getting back home to my base station on the 30th Of Dec. I'm going to pair it then and check on a full time basis. Will give you feed back then.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:45 PM

1) If you receive an email on the phone (no matter if it is pushed or not) and the email account in set up in your private area, you will get a notification on the phone
    2) Email: Sender, Subject, Text - SMS: Sender, Text
    3) You can use all your email accounts (if they belong to the private area)
    12-26-13 01:43 AM
    The only thing missing right now is BBM integration as blackberry has locked it down at this time.

Phone calls / emails even FB and twitter if you want.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-26-13 02:34 AM
    1) If you receive an email on the phone (no matter if it is pushed or not) and the email account in set up in your private area, you will get a notification on the phone
    2) Email: Sender, Subject, Text - SMS: Sender, Text
    3) You can use all your email accounts (if they belong to the private area)
    Thanks so much, sounds great, what does "private area" mean?
    12-26-13 07:06 AM
    Hello,

I have just received my pebble. It's awesome. But I have a doubt. I have install in my Z10 the pebble app because I want to install other watchfaces (and I think it is the only app to get the updates for the watch, isn't it?) but I cannot install any watchface. I have the files downloaded in my Z10, I execute them, and the app is stucked "loading resources". Could you tell me how to do it, please?

For the normal use I will use talk2watch app.

My SO is 10.2.1.1055

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by hoochie77; 12-26-13 at 08:30 AM.
    12-26-13 07:10 AM
    Hello,

I have just received my pebble. It's awesome. But I have a doubt. I have install in my Z10 the pebble app because I want to install other watchfaces (and I think it is the only app to get the updates for the watch, isn't it?) but I cannot install any watchface. I have the files downloaded in my Z10, I execute them, and the app is stucked "loading resources". Could you tell me how to do it, please?

For the normal use I will use talk2watch app.

My SO is 10.2.1.1055

Thank you in advance for your help.
    I don't believe the Talk2watch app will install other watch faces. Not to my knowledge anyways. In order to do this you require the official Pebble app. Unfortunately, this is not currently available for BB. I used my 5th generation ipod touch to change watch faces.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:51 AM
    I used my iPad mini to setup and download watch faces. But now it won't stay connected. Odd that the official app is not as reliable as the unofficial BlackBerry application. I'm using Talk2Watch.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:10 PM
    I used one of my androids to swap out the watch faces and do a firmware update.

Posted via CB from my LE
    12-26-13 10:04 PM
    Talk2Watch works well, no caller id but it does vibrate on incoming call, which is actually very helpful to distinguish a call vs other notification when the phone is pocketed. Occasionally it seems to drop the connection and needs to be reconnected on my Q10 running 10.2.1.1055. Since i am traveling for the xmas holiday I have not had a chance to do the latest OS leaks which might prove more stabel
    12-27-13 02:24 AM
    Not running leak. Running 10.2.0.429 on a Z30. Very stable with it. Haven't lost connection yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 03:26 PM
    You can't do watch firmware or watch faces with talk2watch. If you have new 10.2.1 leak,you can install the android pebble app. With pebble app. You can install faces.

If on 10.2.0 then use android device or apple device, get the pebble app. Install watch faces. Then connect back to BB phone, and use talk2watch app.

So far this is the best pebble app to use. And the developer is constantly updating the app.
    12-27-13 04:06 PM
    Hi,

I have downloaded the pebble app to download watch face to my pebble but it didn't work, how do you do it? Could you send me your apk file? Maybe I have the wrong one

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 12:27 PM
    My first update: I had the opportunity to use my pebble with my bbq5 during my evening walk.

The phone was connected for about an hour and did realise that the battery had considerably drained during the time.

I did disconnect the phone from the watch immediately after I realised the issue to only conserve the battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 08:57 AM

Yes, I did receive e mail push notifications during my short use with the phone.

It should work with all email accounts, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:00 AM
    My first update: I had the opportunity to use my pebble with my bbq5 during my evening walk.

The phone was connected for about an hour and did realise that the battery had considerably drained during the time.

I did disconnect the phone from the watch immediately after I realised the issue to only conserve the battery.

Posted via CB10
    I had connected my Nokia bluetooth headset to my q5 for about 1.5 hours. I realised a Hugh battery drain. I was on my laptop connected to my q5 thro the usb cable for same time and the q5 battery was full before I connected the bt headset.

So what I'm driving at is that the bt4 on the q5 probably needs a tinker.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:44 AM
    You can't do watch firmware or watch faces with talk2watch. If you have new 10.2.1 leak,you can install the android pebble app. With pebble app. You can install faces.

If on 10.2.0 then use android device or apple device, get the pebble app. Install watch faces. Then connect back to BB phone, and use talk2watch app.

So far this is the best pebble app to use. And the developer is constantly updating the app.
    For os 10 functionality use talk2watch/pro and use the side load pebble app for watch faces and firmware updates. Version for 10.3.1 will have the api for caller id.

Otherwise I use the pebble steel with the passport and is just fine.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-29-14 05:30 AM