I've been reading about the Passport SE, and I'm convinced it's a fabulous device and I'm definitely interested.

But I'm so satisfied with the Q5 that I have for everyday business use + personal use, that I'm reluctant to mess with what's working for me. ( I also have a Z30 that I use at home on wifi for general browsing and reading)

I really like the Q5 easy portability, easy one handed use, excellent battery and full communications functionality. I just can't justify the Passport at this time, especially with it's extra size which looks rather inconvenient . But maybe one day I'll give the Passport a try.

I wonder if anyone else has had the same debate with themselves?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 09:27 PM
    I do.. but then I look at my little workhorse and the thought quickly passes.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 09:43 PM
    I find the Q5 like a little kids toy. Doesnt have much space and lags a bit for me, apps fill it up fast! I prefer an HDMI connection and a bigger screen and I should mention 3gigs of ram and capacitive keyboard as well. I can never go back to the Q's. I am guessing the SE would even be better than the original Passport

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-15-15 09:50 PM
    When I used my Z10 I fancied a Q5 thought they looked fun, unlike the q10. But since having a passport, I couldn't do the Q range I would miss the swiping touch sensitive keyboard! Mmm

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    10-23-15 04:04 PM
    Gonna take a HARD look at the Priv. But I still *love* my Q5!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 04:23 PM
    I'm on the same boat as you, OP. Except I'm with the Q10.
    This thing just feels 'right' in terms of size and 'pocketability'. The OS is as smooth as ever.

That Passport is tempting to try out though.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    tli2000 and double_fault like this.
    10-23-15 05:57 PM
    I'm really interested in the SE, but my Q5 is so convenient to pull out and put back on my front pocket, I'm just not sure
    double_fault likes this.
    10-26-15 07:26 PM
    That's exactly how I feel. So convenient plus an excellent battery The 5 does a great job for me and I'm just not sure how much extra value the SE would provide.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 10:27 PM
    That's exactly how I feel. So convenient plus an excellent battery The 5 does a great job for me and I'm just not sure how much extra value the SE would provide.

Posted via CB10
    I think your looking at more screen real estate but is it really worth the extra convenience?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 11:25 AM
    The Passport is a fantastic device. I have 2 of them but unfortunately I dropped one in water and damaged the screen cleaning it, then got a second water damaged one thinking the screen would clear up to make a refurbished one but both work fine just with large inclusions in the screens. Sucks when people love to ask and see the Passport from me and see the messed up screens

However, I picked up a Q5 as they were cheap here in Canada and I truly love carrying it as I like listening to music and it has nice sound over headphones to me vs the pp. It's portability is nice and it doesn't fall out of my pocket, like my Passport did

My Q5 also gets a few more apps that are not available for pp and overall, I dig that it's small and has rounded edges. Love that it has LTE and is not really limited in terms of the os. The Passport is snappy fast but the Q5 is buttery smooth

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:47 PM
    As a writer (and budget conscious) the Q5 was the 'perfect mix' of everything I needed in hardware and what I'd come to rely upon in software coming from my 9950. I almost bought a Q10 but admittedly the layout bothered me and the Q5's screen just reads easier in daylight.

It's just a solid workhorse; I can easily write a couple thousand words a day on the little fella!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 05:54 PM
    OP:

I had the same issue with the Z30. Love the Q5 but that big screen full touch Z30 kept calling me. Then I started to think about the Passport. But for me, I only buy unlocked phones straight up no contract, so I have to watch cost. Z30 is around $200 US and Passport hovers around $450, so that did that. Z30 or nothing. With me, I prefer touch over Keypad, but that Q5 Island keypad is so good, I decided to stay with the Q5 on my business line. When this Q5 gets worn or after another year, I may get the Passport if the price drops.

Also, the Q5 has spoiled me. I used to love my 9900 on my other line and thought the keypad was perfect. Not any more. It's much harder for me to type on the 9900 now. The keys are too close together for me and too "squishey". There is more tactile feedback on the Q5. Go figure. Best budget phone I have ever purchased.
    11-14-15 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. So far I am still enjoying my Q5 as my all day and every day phone. The battery never never fails me. I'm so impressed by this little productivity Titan!

I am still thinking about the Passport SE. But I am concerned it won't even fit in the coffee cup holders in my car not to mention my pockets. I do wonder how much longer the SE battery would last versus the Q5, for a boring sms, email and phone call user like me.

As an aside, I am also thinking hard about the Microsoft Surface Pro line of products, but that's another story.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:35 PM