I have one hotmail account and I would like my contacts and calendars "synced" as frequently as possible. I see some settings, but the terminology used is awful and ambiguous. I have no idea what it means. I see the following options under Advanced settings:

Sync Interval : Manual ( greyed out and cannot be changed)
    Sync Time Frame 1 days ,30 days, Forever)
    Sync Calendar Time Frame (All days, 2 weeks 1 month, etc)

1) Question 1 - Why is the first option greyed out?

2) Question 2 - I assume the first two refer to contacts ; it doesn't even say. If I always want it to sync as frequently as possible, do I select 1 days (eg every day) or do I select Forever ( ie always sync). See my problem? The terminology is awful.

3) For the third one, Sync Calendar Time Frame , this seems to be a "how far back" option and nothing to do with how oftern to sync. So where is the setting to ensure calendar entries are synced as frequently as possible

4) Where do I specify the direction of the sync. ie does Hotmail take prefrence, phone take preference, or is it really "automatically' in sync based on time and date?

Would really appreciate help on this, as the contacts and calendar features now are not useful at all.
    01-27-16 02:22 PM
    Sync is automatic with that account, you can't really change it.... But my Outlook.com account syncs faster than my work desktop account. If I type in a new contact on the desktop, hit send/receive. It's on my phone in less than a minute.

You might have some other issue... delete the account, reboot and then recreate it.
    01-27-16 02:50 PM
    I deleted, rebooted and created the account. Those same options are there.
    I added a different hotmail account same thing.

So what I really need to know is the meaning of:

-Sync Time Frame 1 days ,30 days, Forever)
    -Sync Calendar Time Frame (All days, 2 weeks 1 month, etc)

What should they be set for if the intent is to sync as frequently as possible?
    01-27-16 06:39 PM