Greetings from India!

My BB Q5 was purchased on September 2013. Post that i tried twice to upgrade my OS but both time it ended in vain and i still has the version which was there during the purchase. I use Vodafone as my carrier. I work in Chennai and i came back to my home town 2 weeks back. since my visit here my BB is not working properly all the apps are not opening and it suggest to restart the phone if the problem persists. soon i did that my external memory data is not reflecting in any of the applications . say the photos are not visible in pictures app while its there still there in secondary memory. the phone only takes the primary memory (Phone memory of 8GB). Screen shot buttons are not working, BB world is not opening like wise many of the native apps are not opening, calls are not recorded in call logs even the missed call for it matters, it simply halts the entire OS by not performing its work. In HUB all the messages are received and it still there unread even i mark it as read. to solve this i restarted countless times and still the problem persists and it gets multiplied each time. Now i use it like an i-pod by removing the SIM card, in this mode too its working same.

But i can answer in coming calls and there are other instance like calls are not reachable and eventually get cut after 3 mins either its incoming or outgoing.

Please let me know how to solve this issue and in case i need to format the phone what are the steps to do it?

Cheers,
    Parthi...
    11-12-14 11:45 PM
    So why can't you update to 10.2.1 with wi-fi ?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:03 AM
    Or by plugging to USB and use BlackBerry link on a computer to update the device.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:04 AM
    Anything dealing with backing up or reformat/restore you will need to use BlackBerry link.

Posted via CB10
    Parth Krish likes this.
    11-13-14 12:05 AM
    You might need to perform a security wipe. I wouldn't recommend back-up and restore as whatever is causing the issue might return.

The OS cannot be outdated as I have a Z10 with 10.2.1 that is working just fine.

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.632
    Parth Krish likes this.
    11-13-14 03:32 AM
    Hi dave! Thank you man for ur directions
    I gone through a problem while updating by wifi (Say the update is gathered by 3 parts and get installed one by one during the installation of second part the entire process of update got quit this happened few times when i tried to update)

Now going by other way, through BB link is it good to connect with the PC coz i never did that and so unsure about the problems that creep up post that (say if some exe file will go and sit inside the phone OS. so dreadful coz tats what happened to my sony handset previously)

Secondly the problem with internal storage as new version demands 1.1 GB of Phone memory (My question is whether the new update will overlap the existing OS in its space or it needs new space in phone memory)

how to over come this?!? Any suggestions? what do you feel about connecting via BB link and wifi, good option?!?1

Cheers,
    Parth...
    11-14-14 04:41 AM
    @OP:

You can safely connect to your PC and use Link to do the update. No .exe will be installed in your Q5 by the Link.
    Even if you have malware on your PC, .exe files won't and can't run on a BlackBerry 10 device - but might mess with stuff on your memory card (I'm not sure of the memory card, never had malware on my PC/Mac).

The new OS update will over lap, write over the current one and won't take up any 'additional' space.

CB10 @ Q5
    Parth Krish likes this.
    11-14-14 07:35 AM