I just bought a new Q5 from Amazon. I called AT&T and had them walk me through changing my SIM card from my old phone to this one. It never recognized the SIM card. The lady on the phone told me that I could go to a local store and get a SIM card that is made for a Blackberry phone. However, she also said that if I ever want to go back to my old phone or another phone, I would still have to call them and get their help in order to change from phone to phone. When I was with Verizon years ago, I could change phones myself through my online account and 'activate' the new phone myself. I'm wondering if I should just send this phone back to Amazon and get my money back or try and sell it? I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for the last two years and it just seems like a lot of effort to have to always call AT&T and get their help when I want to change phones. So if you are reading this and have had this problem with your Q5 and are with AT&T I could really use some good advice! Thank you so very much!
    03-16-15 06:50 PM
    I've been with AT&T for the last 8 years.
    (I will be switching any day to T-Mobile, but that's a different story.)
    1st: "BlackBerry specific SIM" cards sound like the typical non-sense AT&T would say. There are different sized SIMs, but no brand specific ones. Both the Note 2 as well as the Q5 use Micro-SIM cards as far a I recall.
    If the SIM was inserted correctly, the phone should read the SIM (unless the device is defective)
    2nd: AT&T sometimes needs the IMEI of the new phone in order for certain functions such as "Visual Voicemail" to work. Again, nothing that has anything to do with BlackBerry.
    Side note: naturally AT&T isn't very supportive of Factory-Unlocked-Phones since they rather sell their branded devices and lock you in for two years.

I switch phones all the time. No issues. No hassle. Except iOS to BB requires sometimes calling AT&T for the VVM feature as mentioned above.
    03-17-15 03:45 AM
    Just to add to the above. About Verizon, I switch between phones regularly. I have a Z30 and a Q10. All I do is change my sim card between phones. No calls and no website visits. When I do happen to hit Verizons website it does list the phone my sim is currently in.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:03 AM
    Are you sure you inserted the sim correctly?
    Did you try turning the phone off and re-starting it?
    03-19-15 06:42 PM
    Assuming the phone was unlocked. Best check.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 01:52 PM
    Should be no issue if the phone is unlocked and the SIM is in correctly.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-26-15 06:27 AM
    MacRobin, which model Q5 do you have?
    03-28-15 04:06 PM