Hello.

I have a BlackBerry Q5 running OS 10.2.1. I found out that Windows 8.1 supports Miracast.

How do I share my screen on my BlackBerry to my PC?

I've tried to search for devices in the Miracast tab on the Wi-Fi networks settings, but could not find my laptop.

How do I get it to work?
    06-22-14 01:51 AM
    I think you require a miracast dongle or something. Like a receiver

Q5SQR100-2/10.2.1.3175

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 07:37 AM
    Hello.

I have a BlackBerry Q5 running OS 10.2.1. I found out that Windows 8.1 supports Miracast.

How do I share my screen on my BlackBerry to my PC?

I've tried to search for devices in the Miracast tab on the Wi-Fi networks settings, but could not find my laptop.

How do I get it to work?
    I don't think that would be possible... not because it's a Q5, but because of the way Miracast work.

Miracast is more or less a Wireless HDMI, - and there are only certain devices capable of being a HDMI receiver - such as TV, Monitor, Video projector etc.

I use Miracast for most my meetings, using a Z30 or Q10, and connecting to a NETGEAR Push2TV Miracast adapter. The adapter receives the wifi from the phone, and connects to the TV/Monitor via HDMI cable.

Have never seen any PC/Laptop capable of being used as HDMI output device, sorry.
    Bla1ze, AidenSurvival and pacman84 like this.
    06-22-14 10:29 AM
    Morten is exactly right. There is no way Windows can "receive" miracast. You can send the miracast signal to a device such as a monitor, TV or dongle.
    -pac

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 02:52 PM
    I didn't know I'd need a Miracast dongle.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 02:08 AM
    Need a miracast Dongle like ezcast or something like that.

an addict ever since my first 8900...
    07-02-14 02:47 PM
    Does the Q5 even support Miracast? I thought it was just the Q10 and Z30...

And as others here have said, a PC can't take an incoming signal regardless.
    07-02-14 02:51 PM
    Does the Q5 even support Miracast? I thought it was just the Q10 and Z30...

And as others here have said, a PC can't take an incoming signal regardless.
    The Z10 is the only BlackBerry 10 device that is not capable of Miracast, even the Z3 has it

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:36 PM
    The Z10 is the only BlackBerry 10 device that is not capable of Miracast, even the Z3 has it

Posted via CB10
    Oh cool. My bad.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-04-14 07:35 PM
    Oh cool. My bad.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Kinda sucks though. Instead of a cheap hdmi cable which I wouldn't be afraid to lose i'll have to carry around a miracast dongle if I upgrade to the classic or passport.

For a frequent flier like me being able to just plug the Z10 into the hotel TV and continue watching whatever series I happen to have downloaded is a huge benefit.
    07-06-14 11:11 AM
    Kinda sucks though. Instead of a cheap hdmi cable which I wouldn't be afraid to lose i'll have to carry around a miracast dongle if I upgrade to the classic or passport.

For a frequent flier like me being able to just plug the Z10 into the hotel TV and continue watching whatever series I happen to have downloaded is a huge benefit.
    Netgear PTV3000 adapter don't weigh much at all, it's in my bag everywhere I go, don't feel the weight a place..
    Many modern TV's also have USB ports in addition to HDMI, and the PTV3000 can be powered from one of these USB ports, so no big adapter required. But of you travel, most likely you also carry your regular mobile charger with you - which the adapter of course also can use, - and the same wire you use to charge your BlackBerry, fits the PTV3000 - so no additional power cable required.

With Miracast, you no longer is hindered by a short HDMI cable, WiFi should reach your hotel-TV from anywhere in the room ;-)

With the Passport (and other new phones), if you choose to not use Miracast, you would also need to carry an MHL/HDMI adapter - which most of the time also needs to be powered, - and all I have seen so far, the MHL adapters are more heavy than the PTV3000
    07-06-14 11:32 AM
    Netgear PTV3000 adapter don't weigh much at all, it's in my bag everywhere I go, don't feel the weight a place..
    Many modern TV's also have USB ports in addition to HDMI, and the PTV3000 can be powered from one of these USB ports, so no big adapter required. But of you travel, most likely you also carry your regular mobile charger with you - which the adapter of course also can use, - and the same wire you use to charge your BlackBerry, fits the PTV3000 - so no additional power cable required.

With Miracast, you no longer is hindered by a short HDMI cable, WiFi should reach your hotel-TV from anywhere in the room ;-)

With the Passport (and other new phones), if you choose to not use Miracast, you would also need to carry an MHL/HDMI adapter - which most of the time also needs to be powered, - and all I have seen so far, the MHL adapters are more heavy than the PTV3000
    That definitely is way too inconvenient. The thumb drive sized miracast adaptors seem like the most practical solution, but still can't beat the HDMI cable I got off amazon for �2 lol. Also, most hotels the screen is bolted to the wall rendering most of the ports inaccessible, but usually the HDMI port is closer to the side which means I can still plug my phone in, but there is no access to the usb port and power socket is not near the tv.
    07-08-14 01:47 AM
    Use both. I just like covering all the bases. Same as battery paranoia. You by rapid chargers and battery packs.
    07-11-14 10:52 PM

Nah, you can get a Slimport to HDMI adapter. I think $15 on Amazon

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:11 PM