Hello Rick,
    Went to ATT and installed a micro sim card, ordered the wrong SD and reordered the micro SD, loaded Snap and 10.3.2.2339. Do a device switch right now.

I keyboard does feel different and not having a track ball will take some getting use to. That I miss. I think I will use my old BB device ID so I don't have to pay again for the apps.

Any other pointers?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 08-25-15 at 07:37 PM.
    08-25-15 07:21 PM
    Damn bro. You felt remorse for buying a Q5 so you got a P9983 instead? That makes no sense to me but hey, hope you enjoy it!!

Posted via CB10
    Classic also.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by awindsr; 08-30-15 at 10:40 AM.
    08-30-15 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I just hope the "feel" of the keyboard is good.

Posted via CB10
    Gets a softer feel over time. Less clicky. I really like the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 10:37 AM
    Gets a softer feel over time. Less clicky. I really like the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Can"t get use to no track ball. How do you move the sensor around that small screen?
    08-31-15 07:26 AM
    Can"t get use to no track ball. How do you move the sensor around that small screen?
    I've never had any issues. The cursor , if you miss your target with your initial screen tap, allows fine movement up ,down, left,and right with another tap around the perimeter of the on screen selector in the direction you need to move. Don't try to drag it. Tap the cursor edge. Also, hold down shift and move the cursor around to select text for cut, copy. If you are having any trouble at the edge of the screen with cursor placement, just grab it with your finger and shove it over to ,or near the edge, and tap it's perimeter to fine adjust away from the edge if needed. Selecting a paragraph or more is accomplished by long pressing and holding it until what you want gets highlighted. I really enjoy using Blackberrys method more than other brands. It's easy to use, I find.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-31-15 09:54 AM
    Hi Mr4aces, I was being to worry about you since we haven't heard a peep out of you since you got the Q5. I wasn't sure to take it as no news is good news or you didn't want to tell the Q5 forum that you had your phone. As far as cursor placement just follow the awesome instructions from the post above me. I couldn't have said it better. I think in another week or two, you will grow to love the Q5. I just tried to fire up my Classic and the SE Passport for a day each and that was all I could take before I had to fire up the Q5 again to finally feel content again. It is fun to switch to the other phones but I can't do it for long. The keyboard on the Q5 just keeps calling me back loudly. Have fun.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 03:28 PM
    Boy, you can sure tell when I'm tired and typing out my thoughts. Sorry for the missing appropriate words in the last post. Time for a power nap.

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    08-31-15 03:37 PM
    I can no get use to NOT having a track button to move the cursor. I gave it two weeks but I am less productive.

I will keep it another 1 week and decide if I want it or not. I plus is I like the size and carries nice with a holster.

Any suggestions on navigating with a touch screen.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-01-15 at 10:04 PM.
    08-31-15 08:57 PM
    Hi Mr4aces, it takes time getting used to it but you'll certainly get faster as you. But nothing will beat the track pad on the 9900 or Classic. I do like the track pad better on the 9900 over the Classic but it certainly works. But seeing the choice you and I have to switch over to BlackBerry 10, we only have 2 choices - use the Classic and deal with the weight and size or use the Q5 or Q10 and learn how to navigate the cursor by touching the screen. Someone made a video awhile back (maybe 2 years ago or more) showing how to navigate the cursor and it helped me a lot. I'll try to find it and post the link if no one else beats me to it.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-31-15 10:18 PM
    Is navigating the cursor on the screen really that difficult?

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:13 AM
    Is navigating the cursor on the screen really that difficult?

Posted via CB10
    I argue that it is not.
    09-01-15 09:20 AM
36 12